1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Iguodala help this D?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Nov 1, 2019.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

If we not goin play Clint seriousl, call back Boston for Hayward.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Lol.. but also this:

(Directed at OP) Please keep your thread creations to a minimum.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

You know idiot. You know idiot the minute you saw it.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yep, but i would appreciate if someone other than me does it cause my posting privileges are insufficient at this point in time

5. don grahamleone

@hakeem94 ... what did you do?

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

EG doesn't become trade eligible until after the trade deadline - Have to wait 6 months after the date he signed his contract - Feb 29th 2020.

The only real trade pieces this team has right now are two TPE's that total 6.8m (3.6 & 3.2).
    They need to clear two roster spots (two of Ryno , Hartenstein and Clark) then use those TPE's - and after 90 days they can combine their salaries.

The actual players they bring in on those TPE's are almost irrelevant , they could be any position and not even play so long as they were on contracts that are desirable to teams tanking it up once the 90 days expires and their salaries can be combined allowing about $8.5m in incoming salary.

Basically what we'd be looking for are expiring contracts that match those values. I don't have any names to throw around.

They really have few other options unless they are to part with a significant rotation piece in Tucker or Capela and I really find it difficult to believe they move either of those two.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No …. they are making wide open shots.

How many wide open three's have you seen them give up in the last two games ? And teams are making them at a very high rate. The Wizards shot 20/36 - 55.6% and the Nets 16/36 - 44.4%.

This team is giving up the exact shots they are trying to take themselves.

D-rock likes this.
  8. jowman

jowman Member

lakers matchup great on a team like rockets.

Got Bradley and green to stop Russ and harden. Non of rockets can guard their stars- bron, AD or kuzma. Even Dwight will feast on against this team.

9. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

yall are panicking way too soon

FrontRunner, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

i wasn’t really too high on potentially trading for klove. but if clint isn’t going to shotblock or stay in front of ppl like he has in previous seasons - and we all know he doesn’t rebound well for a big- then klove might not be such a bad proposition. klove is elite at rebounding, can jumpstart the offense with his outlet passes to a sprinting russ, and can space the floor with his 3pt shooting.
    our offense would be the most historic offense ever and having an elite shooting big would allow morey to go for a defensive wing/big who may not be as good at shooting (i.e. hollis-jefferson) to pair with klove. right now with clint or tyson.. we already have one non shooting big on the floor which forces mda to play small to get shooters on the floor for spacing.
    not saying its something we definitely should do but i wouldn’t be against the idea of klove. our main competition isnt gsw anymore.. klove won’t be as unplayable on def against the la teams or utah.

tycoonchip likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

We need something....but at this point we can't give up too much because Iggy is old and he will have to be managed with his constant injuries. He really will only be needed for the playoffs. Lately though he's been questionable being able to play then. Hints why I would be hesitant give up too much now when we still have the whole season to improve. I believe we are still doing better than we started last season, I'm not sure.

12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

This is a smart idea and one you have to think Morey is mulling. What makes it trickier is that if you have to wait 90 days to package the players, it can't be guys who signed their contracts this summer, as they aren't trade eligible until Dec 15th right?

There are guys out there that fit that bill whose teams might just let them go, just very few. Maybe Sacramento with both Yogi Ferrell and Harry Giles? They clearly aren't bringing either back when their deals expire. Ferrell + Giles + Nene = $8,328,800. Meaning you can bring back $10,411,000

I love the creativity here.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bradley and Green ain't going to stop anyone. I agree with you that their front court will feast, though.

jowman likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

Whos D?

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

SAC loves Giles.

16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

They just turned down his rookie team option...

17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Chill

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As someone that’s been guilty of one extra whiskey and hence bad D, the rockets need to turn it around.

there is nothing to be had without D

19. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

We can't trade Gordon this year because of his contract extension.

20. smp

smp Member

All Harden cares about is who can help his D. He spends countless hours each night working with different D experts all across Houston.