1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Hakeem play this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Francis, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Air Francis

Air Francis Member

Can Hakeem give the Rockets 10 minutes a game??
    Some defense, rebounds and blocks??

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Who knows?...but Mutombo is only a couple years younger than Hakeem, so it may be possible...

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

Mutombo is just four years younger than Hakeem, but Hakeem won't play (at least I don't think).

4. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Hey, why not?

And we can even get Clyde to come back for 10 mins. Stepping down from his broadcast booth to deliver a couple of facials.

Then he can go back up and declare Clyde Drexler to be his darkhorse for the 6th Man race. :eek:

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

dream could probably give you ten minutes in one game. i doubt he'd be able to go again the next night however.

6. ROXRAN

Clyde would not get the minutes, but at center,...Hakeem...I could almost see it...

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Hakeem's actual age may be younger than Deke. Oh! I forget both men's age is not reliable. :D

8. ROXRAN

I wouldn't be surprised to know they are both past 50... ;)

9. Yodels

Yodels Contributing Member

I have no doubt that Hakeem can give quality minutes to the Rockets if the Rockets contacted him for it and he has that George Formanesque itch to shock Rocketland...I really think he'd enjoy it as well as those on the team...

10. mbiker

mbiker Member

It was very difficult to watch Hakeem play his last year. To see someone that played as great as he did have trouble scoring against average players was sad, and that was when he was 39. Hakeem is now 45 and would probably have trouble playing against a good college player. Even Robert Parrish, who was the oldest player to play in the NBA, had to stop playing at 43 years old.

11. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

lol ive seen the dream play basketball lately, while he still has the dream shake he moves pretty slow and is dead tired after a half court game.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Hakeem looked horrible in his last season. That was what 6 years ago and he was only averaging 23 minutes per game.

If he tried to play now he would be badly embarrassed. Actually, he wouldn't even get that far after the coaching staff took a look at him in workouts or practice.

14. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

And he'd never do it. I don't think there's any way Hakeem would come back, even just for 5 minutes a night during the playoffs. I wish he would; this NEVER should have happened:
    [​IMG]

I'd bring him back JUST to rid the world of THAT last memory of Hakeem Olajuwon. But you don't think Daryl Morey contacted him after Yao went out? You've gotta think SOMEONE offered him a chance before they signed Bobby Jones and Justin Reed to 10-day contracts.

#14 blathersby, Mar 9, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  15. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

THIS THREAD SUCKS

You FAIL

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Now I see why you only have 46 posts in 9 years.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The better question is could he play in 2001?

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Hell no, have you seen Hakeem lately? He's out of shape. After the epic fail that was his last season in TDot, there is no way he has anything left in the tank.

19. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Once dream married that young lady, his game was never the same. His energy was low, but if his pride would allow him to be a bench player.

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Can these "Bring Hakeem Back" threads please stop already? This is getting ridiculous. I wouldn't say something if there wasn't a zero percent chance of this happening but that is undoubtedly the case here.