1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Arian continue being tops in rushing & TDs?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ROXRAN, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he can.

Remember the right side of the line is fairly young. Both Derek Newton and Ben Jones are getting a lot of time. They haven't been creating the holes that Winston created last year, but they are getting better game by game.

Also, Foster is getting much fewer touches in the passing game. He also is the type of runningback who doesn't take big hits or try to run over people.

And in the red zone he has been money. I'd like to see the stats, but when we get in the redzone, it seems like it usually ends with Arian running it in.

2. Raven

Raven Member

Enjoy watching Arian play because he's not going to last long the way he's being utilized. The league really does treat players like pieces of meat.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They need Tate healthy and to start getting back up to 10-15 carries a game.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The use of him as a receiver has gone done so much. I think this is hurting our offense. Can't quite figure out why they've gone away from it. Sure, the play action is still working, and the offense is doing ok, but those were often 6-10 yard plays that really helped move the chains.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He also got a massive contract.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Repped.

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the yards per carries could be deceiving sometimes.
    in one game you can go on a 80-run yard one time, and then get 19 more carries for 20 yards, and you still have a 5.0 yards per carry.
    or you could have 4-9 yards per carry, and get a 3.9 yards per carry, what do you prefer?

against baltimore he had 19 carries, 98 yards, 2 TDs, and his longest one was 16 yards, and another one for 14 yards, the rest of his carries were under 8 yards.
    so he didnt had big plays, but almost had 100 yards.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

arian is not terrell davis, terrell was like earl he ran at tacklers looking to punish them. if you think arian is being wron down, pull your head out the numbers and watch the game. the guy is getting better as the season progresses

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

He definitely did well against the Ravens, ..now if he can string some more 5ypc games, it wouldn't surprise me. This break will help him re-energize

11. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

YPC will go way down when half of your games you have a 20+ point lead and you just need to burn the clock away. It's a lot harder to run the ball effectively when everyone in the building knows Arian will get the ball.

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

muahahahhaaha

Repped!

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My biggest concern is that Arian looks like he's playing on ice skates this year. I think a large part of his poor YPC numbers are due to him falling down early in runs. It's happened a ton this year.

14. today

today Contributing Member

I noticed this several times in the Jets game. I can't stand field turf, especially outdoors when it's worn down.... Glad we beat BAL, hopefully it will help us avoid the turf in BAL/NE for the playoffs.

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

Arian may lead the NFL in rushing but he's not as efficient. He's averaging what? About 3 yards per rush? That tells you it's that he's just getting an unbelievable amount of carries which makes his numbers somewhat misleading. Idk if it's the O-Line or the vegan diet, but there's just something that tells me that this is not the Arian of old.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

It's the Oline. last year, we had arguably the best in football, allowing arian to make his moves. This year, for a midseason report, we were ranked 13th because of the huge dropoff on the right side. I cannot link the source though (i forgot it), but it was one of the reputable sights, not bleacher report or something like that.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

The last two ganes he's avg more than 4 ypc he's on his way back if u look at his numbers his best months are oct. nov. so history says he's about to start picking it up.

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I agree, and if he has more like Baltimore, he will pick that average up to 4.2 -4.6 ypc by end of season...then all of a sudden you are talking maybe 1600 yards with 23 TDs by season's end with the efficiency we are use to the last two years... Still not too late for Foster to have his best year and possibly some MVP votes. . .we shall see

19. Win

Win Contributing Member

Well... No Texans football for us today, so I watched the Ravens game again and it confirmed what I already suspected. Arian is playing/running to not get hurt and getting away with it. He almost always falls or makes it look like he slipped when a player might get a clean hit on him. I think there was only twice in that game that he put his shoulder down before a hit. I'm of the opinion this style, if not wholly endorsed by Kubiak, is at least tolerated by him as Arian is our star, and yes, a bit of a prima donna.

I'm not really complaining because it is working for the Texans; but mostly because Arian is not fumbling this year as a direct result. Also, hopefuly, Arian will be fresh and willing to turn it up later in the season and in to the playoffs when it's do-or-die.

20. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Im ok with that. As long as we are winning.