1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can anyone tell me what happened to Torraye Braggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pelbeaini, Jul 22, 2004.

1. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

Can anyone tell me what happened to Torraye Braggs last year? I hought he played well, offensively and defensively. Specially rebounding.

2. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

i think it was something to do with not passing the drug test. dont quote me on it though

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Braggs played some solid minutes during the Eddie fiasco and when MoT got hurt (shoulder). He was then cut to make room for Ford as a backup C, which he never played.

Bascially, Braggs was a 3rd string PF that was cut to bring in a backup C.

4. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

He recently led his team to a championship ... in the PBA ... the Philippine Basketball Association.

5. Bob

Bob Member

Played in the CBA and did a stint with the Wizards last year.

During the preseason the Rockets lost the first four games while he DNP. Then they finished 5-0 with him coming off the bench and playing very effectively.

During the regular season he was with the team for 11 games going 7-4. On the court he played efficiently and brought intensity off the bench.

When the Rockets announced he was being released in favor of Ford I became convinced this was not due to performance on the court. He either did something in practice or off court that TO Gundy enough to just let him go.

With that said nobody else seems to want this guy either. I don't know what the baggae is but apparently all the GMs know about it.

6. Manila

Manila Member

Yao Wink is right. Toraye Braggs recently played in the Philippines after being cut by the Rockets to play as an import for Ginebra San Miguel. He almost won the best import award although he led the once cellar dwellar to the championship.

7. DaneB

DaneB Member

I think Braggs would be a great player for us to have right now. He is in the Mark Madsen type of mold and could be strictly used as an energy type of player to get this team riled up.