1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can Aaron Brooks be as good as Rajon Rondo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TMaC MVP, Apr 20, 2009.

1. TMaC MVP

TMaC MVP Rookie

hes a much better shooter, jus less defensive and smaller

in terms of speed aaron brooks is just as fast and probably faster, i would just like to see aaron brooks get to the free throw line as much as rondo. and i think he can do it because his ability to get into the lane matches rondos and it would really benefit him and the rockets.. if he can consistently get into and draw fouls teams will have to focus more on his penetration which will open up his teammates a lot more.

it just amazes me that someone with his ability to penetrate rarely ever gets to the line(where he shoots very well) i think brooks should easily be taking 8 ft attempts a game, it would do a world of good for his ppg and his fg % as he wouldnt be settling for outside shots as much

am i the only one who would like to see aaron be as aggressive to the rack as rondo?

maybe he wont get as many assists but with his blazing speed he should get to the line basically at will

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Two very different types of players, if he rises to all star level he will be similar to Tony Parker.

3. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

I personally do not see AB becoming a player like Rondo,
    AB has the speed but does not have Rondo's athleticism and length.
    AB will not be able to finish at the basket as well as Rondo unless he become Tony Parker

4. IceIceSeanSleez

Like other users have said, Brooks will be more like Tony Parker. That would be awesome!

5. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

aaron brooks has the best perimeter shooting of tony and rondo obviously. what he doesn't have is rondo's d and size, and tony's around the basket finishes. tho ab does have some good finishes around the basket, parker is elite in that area and we can only hope that ab works to get there. if he can do that, work on his slow down/speed up game instead of going one speed all the time (working on a good crossover), then he'll be something very special.

6. 34134178

34134178 Member

No way :( AB is alway attacks instand of PASSING!! :(

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

you are wrong on the athleticism part, there are few players more atheltic than he is. I heard somewhere that he was originally recruited as a DB for the Oregon football team.

8. Mashing

Mashing Member

He needs to increase his basketball IQ, but the good thing about that is that can be coached into the player when they are young. For older players, that's tough becuase they have their habits (see: Artest--although I don't think he has a poor basketball IQ, he just loses his composure sometimes). Once Brooks get better basketball IQ he could become an all star some day.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I see him being a taller Boykins.

10. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

Nope. He doesn't what to do with the ball when he is not shooting.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Lowry has that potential!

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Brooks has the potential to be a VERY special player. His speed just sets him apart, he should be deadly on the pick and roll with Yao or Scola since they both can hit the open jumper and he can blow by the defender.

He could very well be an allstar next year. He just needs to work on his passing of the dribble when he sucks in defenders heading towards the basket.

13. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

can? he is better.

put aaron on boston and see what happens

14. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

i think better, aron is much faster to what i believe and ab got a better shooting tocuh hand range than rondo.

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

people are out of their mind

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Put Aaron on Boston and he is still not better than Rondo.

You really can't even compare the two they are different type of players.

Brooks will never be the defender Rondo is, which isn't his fault.

17. choujie

choujie Member

Keep dreaming and keep overrating AB after one great game .

AB had a great game, and I hope he can continue to do so. But Brooks has neither Parker's body build nor his court vision, let alone Parker's supurb ability of finishing around the rim. Those things basiclly can't be learned. The only thing AB has on Parker is 3 point shooting, but that won't make him as nearly as efficient as Parker.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

He's nothing like Rajon Rondo.

Comparing those two is like comparing JR Smith and Shane Battier.

19. lalala902102001

Aaron is a midget while Rondo is a big guard. There is no comparison.

AB can be as good a player as Rondo is now down the road, but in different ways.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Rondo tonight. Triple Double and 5 steals!!

19 pts 12 rebs 16 assists 5 steals 2 to

I don't see Brooks ever getting any numbers like that.