1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Camby to miss several weeks with torn plantar fascia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 9, 2013.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If they don't rush him back and allow it to heal for a few weeks to a month I don't see any reason why he couldn't be back around the start of the year or a few weeks later.

He's just got to really watch his diet while he's healing. The reason why Plantar Fasciitis can re-accur is you gain weight cause of not working out which puts more stress on your feet, and you dont change your shoes to the proper fit to match the arch of your foot the best.

Right now he needs to he needs to become Michael Phelps in the pool. That's his best bet for coming back in shape when his foot heals so he doesn't go too hard at first and have the issue come back.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

I really liked that old man's hustle when he was last with us. Saw him diving on the floor for loose balls. Hate to see age take its toll.

3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah plantar fascia is lame. I remember glen rice dealing with that.

Sounds like we are looking at

cut: camby, williams
    d league: covington, canaan
    keep:casspi, brooks, smith

? right?

Shame about camby. I was interested in seeing the triple towers of asik camby and howard haha

4. AXG

AXG Member

Make him a coach

5. dje243

dje243 Member

Really we should be rooting for Greg Smith to become a competent Backup 5 big time.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'd like to see Camby and brewer let go. Neither will bring anything on the court.

7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We need Brewer to be our wing stopper/defender off the bench.

Let Reggie Williams and Camby go.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i've had plantar fasciitis before and it was horrible. it is like your feet are getting stabbed. i can't imagine how bad torn plantar fascia is.

9. rogower

rogower Member

A top 20 player? Seriously?

Camby surely gets cut. The obvious implication here is that Houston needs to hold on to Greg Smith, who presumably becomes the team's backup C if/when Omer Asik is traded.

It's starting to look to me that the final two cuts from the roster will be Camby and Reggie Williams.

Did another team claim B.J. Young off of waivers?

Camby's playing career appears to be over. He jad a very nice career, and was one heck of a player on some awfully good UMass teams. I am a UK grad, and it was obvious to me back in 1996 that the only reason that year's UMass team didn't win the championship was because of that stacked UK team that year. We would just destroy teams. UMass was the only team in the tournament that worried me.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

at this point if camby is a sure cut then that means last cut is between williams and brewer? As stated if camby is gone and asik on trade block you HAVE to keep smith.

Also I think its clear that covington and canaan are dleague

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, there goes the whole "Camby makes Asik expendable" idea and even the "Camby is insurance for Asik trade" idea. Not sure how good an insurance policy is when the insurer is at great risk of being close to bankrupt.

That said, it was not a bad bet to spend minimum wage on the guy for the small chance that he might be useful for short but perhaps crucial stretch-- like what the perpetually injured Mike Miller did for Miami in the Finals. I am just not sure that you can really count on the old guy to be a regular backup.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Ed Reed 2.0

:confused:

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did Ed Reed come in to be insurance?

14. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I feel sorry for the two players about to be cut while Camby occupies a precious roster spot.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Why do you guys think Aaron Brooks is safe?

Rockets have 4 point guards. Lin, Beverley, Brooks, Canaan.

Brooks really has no room to be there. What's the point?

16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Canaan not ready to play, so he'll go to the D-League. That makes Brooks our 3rd point guard, which isn't that unusual. Teams like to have 3 in case one gets hurt, you don't want backup point guard minutes going to a non-point guard or else it can throw your whole offense out of wack.

Also, same reason as Camby: insurance in case the starter is traded. Not trying to start a huge Lin debate (I actually hope this doesn't happen), but if turns out Beverley really does gel better as a starter, combining Lin and Asik in a trade is the only way we'll ever afford another star.

So yeah, I think one of Williams or Brewer is gone. Not enough room for minutes for the both of them behind Harden, especially when several of our point guards could slide to the 2 in some lineups.

17. arjun

arjun Member

Ed Reed is more like KG

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

This sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing McHale experiment with a Triplet Towers lineup. :(

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

backup in case we trade lin or bev

Canaan is not ready.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

This has no bearing on Camby because his fascia is torn, but...

I had plantar fasciitis for a year and a half and tried everything to get rid of it: Not working out, change of workout shoes, ice, heat, accupuncture, chiropractic, physical therapy, $500 custom orthotics, etc. Finally I stumbled on one simple stretch that you do first thing in the morning before getting out of bed, and then any time you've been off your feet for an hour or more. The stretch takes about 3 minutes.

Within 2 weeks I felt better, and after a month 90% back to normal. I kept doing the stretch and the plantar fasciitis slowly disappeared and never came back. Next thing I did was call my brother, who had been PF-ridden for two full years, and clue him in. Once he started doing the stretch, he recovered at about the same rate I did.

I still do that stretch first thing every morning because PF is such a painful syndrome that I don't want to take any chances about it coming back.

If any of you are struggling with PF and want more info, hit me up. I'm not selling anything, just trying to help others not have to go through what I did.