1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

296 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. no

51 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. meh

meh Contributing Member

Man are people still spewing this? How many teams since Morey began his GM tenure can claim to have attracted better top talent than Dwight Howard, CP3, and James Harden at their respective level of play when Morey got them?

2. vince

vince Member

KPJ says don’t forget to thank him for this gift to you and Amen.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We don’t m ow that for sure. Ime probabaly don’t want to pay so many young guys. He’s already dealing with Jalen, Jabari, Tari and Sengun

Mathloom likes this.
  4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We don’t know that for sure. Ime probabaly don’t want to play so many young guys. He’s already dealing with Jalen, Jabari, Tari and Sengun

highpost1388 and burlesk like this.
  5. highpost1388

highpost1388 Member

I can't see Cam playing much out the gate. They will give him some run in blowouts, but I don't see a wing on our roster he'd get minutes ahead of on a consistent basis. I love his potential, but with us looking to win more than the last three tanking seasons, I think it's going to take a while before he really gets the nod. If he ends up playing a lot because he's that ready for it, great!

Kevooooo, Mathloom and Dobbizzle like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wonder who the teammate at the end was and if Von was as innocent as he claims? :D

7. TimDuncanDonaut

... in case need to be explicit... that man was

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Acquisition and Attraction are two entirely different things. @NewAge is right that Morey has a transactional relationship to players that is decidedly not team centric. Maybe Morey thinks in terms of units but a collection of players as a unit and a collection of players as a team are again two different concepts.

The Lakers won titles with Shaq and Kobe as a unit based on how top end their talent was but they didn't function as a team very well(compared to lets say the Pistons team that beat them). During that same era, the Spurs(and Pistons) won titles as a team despite lesser top end talent. Those are two different ways to build winners - a team allows the sum to perform better than the individuals, the unit is based on a few individuals who give you enough of a competitive advantage that you live/die based on the performance of your top end talent. That's why Morey led Houston teams rarely saw success because it all hinged on Harden and another star (CP, Dwight, Melo, etc) carrying the team and while good - they weren't quite prime Shaq/Kobe good.

Corpusfan, Easy and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. kpdark

kpdark Member

I see Cam Whitmore

:D

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. kpdark

kpdark Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It must have been the editing but he was one of the few that hit all or almost all of his 3 point shots during scrimmages........

Dillon was clanking almost all of them.....just an observation. Such is hierarchy but it is good to have one now.

highpost1388 and BallSoHarden like this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Cam is the most interesting player to me coming into this season. Some are saying he will be sent to G league, and that he may not even get playing time to start. He was projected as a top 5 pick, and the reason they provided for him dropping is because there were concerns over medicals in the long term later in his career. He had a great summer league, so no red flags there. If the concerns are over some potential medical issues down the line, I don't see why that impacts his ability to get minutes now. The way he is being evaluated now as a fringe rotation guy, just makes me think there is more to the story of why he dropped. If everything else was the same and he was drafted higher, he would be getting guaranteed minutes.

Shark44 likes this.
  16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I feel like Cam will be a big surprise. He has the physical talent, works hard and seems to have extreme confidence which should help him. The limited practice videos show him doing well.

Shark44 likes this.
  17. kpdark

kpdark Member

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Goaltending

19. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's crazy to think he's not even our most athletic player, probably third. I'm confident Ime knows how to take advantage of that the way Silas seemingly never could.

O-dawg likes this.
  20. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL when I watched the clip I said to myself "I bet ATW called that a goaltend" :D ... It appears that coach or the ref they hired agrees with you as that team appears to have won the scrimmage - they didn't have to participate in post scrimmage FT/Suicides to end practice.

AroundTheWorld and Easy like this.