1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

296 vote(s)
    85.3%
  2. no

51 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Or maybe it's just a product of him being a on ball player?

Cam is a off ball player who has more turnovers than assists. Which means if he was on ball more the dude would be breaking records for assist to turnover ratios but in the bad way.

#1981 fchowd0311, May 23, 2024
    Last edited: May 23, 2024
    cbass and A_3PO like this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Here I was hoping we had some new videos of Cam putting in some post season work. He seems to love working on his game.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

DD

4. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol

harold bingo likes this.
  5. MystikArkitect

I'm trying to figure out how there's feces throwing in a Cam thread. I thought everyone was pretty much on the same page w him.

6. bustamove

bustamove Member

asking Cam to be a playmaker or on ball

is like GSW fans choosing Jordan Poole over Klay as their starting SG

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well some people want him to replace Green with the on ball reps Green receives so ya there is a disconnect. I'm not sure if those people are serious or just trying to trigger "Green stans" like myself because they enjoy it.

Cam has shown people that he can be a great play finisher, a MPJ, Aaron Gordon type guy. Maybe at best a Jaylen Brown guy. All important players to have in a contender. If you see him that way then most people would probably agree and be on the same page.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Replacing Green with Cam is a great idea, but there's no reason to give him that many on ball reps....he doesn't deserve them any more than Green does.

The goal is to dump the draft bust and replace him with someone who can shoot. There's plenty of ball handlers on the Rockets between FVV, Sengun, and Amen, no need to force anything with Cam.

bustamove likes this.
  9. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Everyone knows you hate green with a passion and have been irrationally critical ever since he’s gotten drafted. Doesn’t it get old for you? you say he’s a draft bust in every post about him when I know you know that even though he’s struggled he’s clearly shown more than enough to not be labeled as a bust. I get it though, this is obviously personal for you. It just mind blowing to me how a rockets “fan” can be this much of a hating/petty b*tch since day one. Pretty impressive actually.

cmlmel77 and HD729 like this.
  10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I will go out on a limb and say that Cam's ceiling could be the highest on the team of current players and 2nd best on a championship team.
    That said, I am not saying he will reach that lofty potential.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's certainly the hot take....the reality is that I've just been realistic about him since day one and that clashes with the delusional fanbois.....but his performance speaks for itself.

He's one of the worst shooters in the entire league...bottom 10 in FG%, bottom 15 in 3 point %, bottom 25 in TS%. There's no way to spin that.

Despite the fact that win shares are compilation stats that reward players who log more minutes, and Jalen has logged the 3rd most minutes in his draft class, he ranks 17th in his own draft class in win shares.....Sengun ranks 6th with only the 9th most minutes played.

By every objective measure, Jalen is a bust. He was terrible as a rookie, and hasn't meaningfully improved since then.

It's not "hatred", you guys are simply delusional about the quality of his performance.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We tend to tag prospects with this ....x best on a championship team.

Truth is the majority never sniffs a Championship or even the Finals if they do not ring chase.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not sure that has been posted but it is a few months older.

Dik Cam.

14. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

I don’t have any issues with the discourse around him, his issues and long term fit here. There have been plenty of good conversations about that and I’m not trying to get into one of those. You’re pivoting back to the classic bullet points about him that most recognize. I’m just trying to point out the constant over the top hate you add to your posts about him. Pretty sure everyone’s tired of that. You keep doing you though.

Mathloom likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The point is, it's not "hate", it would be the same for any really awful player on the Rockets. Valid criticism is perceived as "hatred" by those who have weird emotional attachments to the draft bust.

Fortunately his time on the Rockets is likely coming to an end fairly soon, so we can move past this and normal valid criticism of Rockets players will be viewed as simply that yet again.

16. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

Weird emotional attachment you say? Yeah that's clear. Anyways, we shall see what happens.

17. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Amazingly I knew exactly who you were talking to even though I have him on mute, because I don’t need to hear the same over-the-top, arrogant-without-basis, absolutist crap nonstop from someone who will never, ever, ever admit anything wrong or ever change his mind. It’s pointless to listen or respond to people like that and pointless to read the same thing posted hundreds of times. It adds nothing to the discussion - I’d suggest to mute and move on.

Rashmon and johnnydeezy1 like this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

19. kpdark

kpdark Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member