1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore is the franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Jun 26, 2023.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is crazy. I haven't written off anyone. In fact, I've pushed back on those who want to trade Jalen, who gave up on Jabari earlier in the season and think Amen is hopeless because he doesn't shoot well. I despise the practice of "choosing a side" when it comes to Rockets players.

I'm level-headed about Cam. His productivity has been great, but he isn't necessarily destined for stardom and excuses shouldn't be made for his flaws. I have doubts about his b-ball IQ, not his talent. He's earned his place in the rotation and we have almost 60% of the season left to watch him develop further. I'm looking forward to it.

IMO,

Sengun is the man. /discussion. However, a vocal minority SOFs on the forum are so drunk on him they don't want anyone else even discussed and continually disparage other players in comparison to Alpi. They are pathetic.

We should forget Jalen's performance prior to the Suns game and judge him on the rest of the season. Something has recently "clicked" with him. While I doubt he becomes a superstar, there is no reason to make him the whipping boy the Rockets must toss aside.

Jabari is like slow cooking meat in a crock pot. I think he'll end up at a very high level but it will happen gradually.

Tari is developing very nicely. 'Nuff said.

Coming from OE, Amen is better than I expected him to be. He plays big on the court. He's very raw but I love the way he plays, sees the floor and attacks the rim. He's only played a few games and is behind the curve figuring out his limitations at this level. I have no doubt his handles will greatly improve. His shooting is a big ?.

This summarizes what I've been saying in various threads over time. If you think that's "so negative", just put me on ignore.

IvanLCPM, Mathloom, RudyTBag and 7 others like this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I do as well. I have certain preferences and think things will go certain ways, but I'm happy when things go well for any Rocket even if I was wrong about it. KPJ is the only player lately that I've chosen a side and that was mostly my view that he wasn't good for the team. I would have been happy if there wasn't off the court stuff and he had helped the team.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sounds pretty reasonable to me. I guess I just reacted to one post.

Mathloom, harold bingo and A_3PO like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Boy that tape is going to be tough to re-watch in OT.

plegus likes this.
  6. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Cam might’ve single-handedly lost us that Chicago game in OT…and you know what? I don’t give two *****.

Because FINALLY, he gets some burn with the starters, FINALLY he closes a game and he’s shown us that as a release valve, as a scoring threat and as an overall player he already greatly surpasses Jaesean, Holiday, Landale and whoever was playing more than him after our two guys went down.

It’s not Cam or Jalen, or Cam or Dillon, or whatever…I think he’s shown this game that he can play with the starters and be a threat.

Ime might’ve seen something too. Cam played the entire 4th quarter and OT…this could be the start of some more burn for our youngest and strongest player

IvanLCPM, ramotadab, plegus and 7 others like this.
  7. Sengun

Sengun Member

It'd be good try him instead of nail artist bricker

ramotadab likes this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. Great learning experience for him. It was tough to watch him in that spot but at the same time it was cool to see Ime trust him as one of the 5 guys to play in overtime. And he had a great game overall, despite the overtime. I'm still loving Cam Whitmore.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think the most positive thing is that Cam earned the trust of Ime to have him in for Tate in a close game and OT. That says a lot about a guy who got zero minutes and was sent to the G League just a few weeks back

10. ozrocketsfan

ozrocketsfan Member

COC lovers unite, a rock-solid performance despite a disappointing climax.

ramotadab, glynch and clutchdabear like this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

C'mon Cam fans, it's time to crow!

Rockets aren't gonna win many games with both Brooks and Tari out, but the continued productivity from Cam means his floor time will keep increasing.

ramotadab and Roomba like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When Tari and Brooks come I doubt we'll see much of Tate unless it's specific circumstances.

Cam already spaces the floor unlike Tate. And that really helps everyone else on the court.

He's a confident effortless shooter.

IvanLCPM, ramotadab, jim1961 and 3 others like this.
  13. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Big night for the kid. I see he has major defensive flaws right now. At the moment, if he is defending shooters coming off screens, we are cooked. Really impressive defense on the 1vs1.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lots and lots of rookie mistakes, but I am excited for the Cam Whitmore era. He can help.

ramotadab likes this.
  15. Melik

Melik Member

Dude, you're talking nonsense. Come on, he didn't do anything to deserve such nasty comments. Yes, he plays badly, but what's a nail artist got to do with it?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He was hammered on that dunk attempt when we were down 1.....refs sucked tonight.

DD

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Welp, I said I thought his biggest contribution or step forward was if his 3-pt shot kept hitting like it was in the G-League, and so far, he's proven it's legit. He's definitely looking like the steal he looked like on draft night assuming his decision-making and IQ progress as he gets more experience. Hope I didn't jinx him.

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen enough. Cam should start until Dillon or Tari return. It's time for Ime to pull the trigger.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

His passing tonight was ON POINT, he was whipping that ball to the open man.

I think he is going to be a star.

DD

plegus, glynch and jcmoon like this.