1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Watkins on TrueHoop Pod talking Harden and DH

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Nov 14, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wtf does this even mean?????? I mean I know what he's saying but Wtf??? It's like saying something similar anytime a player is close to a stat line...

I wonder if he thought the same thing when anyone else has done it. Like the time Clyde almost had quadruple double (well robbed of one, obviously more unique than Trip, but it's not like guys get them all the time...), "I get it, you want to help your team". . . if this guy could go back to Dallas that'd be GREAT! ! !

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If Bev takes some (all) of Brewers minutes it'll be a blessing in the skies.

Drogba likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's unreal that we have a guy that hates the Houston Rockets and James Harden covering the Houston Rockets and James Harden.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Start the petition... I'm down. :)

Air Canada and cdrive like this.
  5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

hwo about you guys make a buncha fake twitters and spam him? make a sign up thread, make at least 2 accounts per and get that mofo back to dallas where he belongs

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Very topical. Exactly what everyone was all curious about.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Dude, nobody likes what he's saying, but we gotta calm down here... No one deserves to lose their life because of basketball.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

JFC, he's just a talking head. Get a hold of yourselves!

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Did anybody listen? Anything worth tuning in for?

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's guys like this (one of our own beat writers) why James didn't get all NBA and why James won't win MVP this year even though he clearly is the most important player to any team. They have a voice, a platform, and an outreach that will influence other casual Rockets watchers. Many of which are voters.

Mr Chuck Norris and Drogba like this.
  11. thiefery

thiefery Member

Maybe I'm getting too old for this board, but can't believe ya'll are all up in arms cause of this guy. It's freaking twitter, respond to him in a clever way. Don't listen to his podcast if he's gonna run your temp up.

I listen to NBA radio on SiriusXM, Frank Isola and Scalabrine are praising Harden and have him as the MVP this early in the season.

You gonna have your good and bad coverage of this team. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Try and enjoy this season.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's just incredibly disappointing that the one guy who has complete uninhibited access to the team is a Dallas nutrider. He has inside access to the inner workings of the team, and could do wonders for the way the nation perceives us, but instead he ****s all over everything we do. Harden is having a season for the ages, and instead of shedding some light on that, he instead chooses to criticize everything about the way we operate. It's a crappy thing to do, and he ****ing knows it.

13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I request we stop making threads about this guy. The only way this guy disappears is if we ignore his ass, the more we talk about him, the more you are helping him do his job. His role is to take your focus off how awesome James Harden and on him and his uselessness. So, let's just boycott him and he'll just fade into oblivion... the other option is to keep him as a cancer... like Dwight Howard.

14. onreego

onreego Member

I think he has every right to cover the Rockets the way he does. I do, however, think the FO needs to make ESPN remove him as the "official" reporter on Rockets. His profile should just say "ESPN Reporter" and remove any mention of "Houston" or "Rockets."

It's one thing to not be bias or a homer but to make slight and disparaging remarks about the team you're assigned to exclusively cover is pretty disrespectful. His credibility goes out the window as well when he says a guy who admittedly quit during games was a better leader than James. They both sucked at leading last year.

His Tweets also show he keeps an eye on the sh!tty Mavs while he's covering the Rockets.

cdrive and CCity Zero like this.
  15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Also when he isn't making little passive aggressive pop shots, he tweets the facts on a Rockets win in the same manner the home court PA guy announces a bucket made by the visiting team. Like super dry and feet-dragging in a begrudgingly sort of way.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If you don't like him, you should completely ignore him. Responding with outrage only gives him more exposure and success. It only encourages him, like an internet troll or Skip Bayless. Don't respond to his tweets, don't make threads on his articles or podcasts. He will go away if you put him away in your mind. I don't care what the media says anymore, I just enjoy watching the games. Sports journalism is such a huge waste of time. Stop wasting your time, folks.

17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I listen to this Podcast weekly, it is not his. But he was on this week, and there was also extensive Rockets discussion worth listening to.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I get it, you want to win games.

It's fine I guess

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Can we fire him? always talking crap about the rockets. Tell him to go cover the Mavs so Cuban can fire his @ss too.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Where's Ho Chen when you need him.