1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin on James.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

According to him, the team doctors, and the coach, no.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would quit in your face and you would find kind words.

You're a good being.

He is coasting some quarters.

#162 daywalker02, Jan 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

they're wrong. the fans know, real fans, true fans.. pure fans. #99999

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

Calvin is not a saint. In fact, I think he is a despicable human being. But, he does know basketball. If he says Harden quit, then Harden quit.

Furthermore, Calvin wasn’t running his mouth on some TV sports talk show in order to get attention. It was a comment he made when he thought he was off camera.

5. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Per Silas and per James Harden (from what both of them said last night), no he doesn't have a sprained ankle.

6. Asian Sensation

Lol @HP3 getting more upset and triggered by the day trying to defend a bum loser like Harden.

bmelo likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And what was he accused of?

8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This was my thoughts. When a former Rockets HOF guard says our current best guard quit, then he quit. James is winging it until he is moved. He'll pad stats, but start to defer when you really need him. Maybe we are seeing playoff Harden in regular season?

We may not be in sync, but he has help. I didn't watch last game much but from what
    I seen. He hasn't been moving off ball much like other games before.

Also PJ is over the hill unless he is moved to back up SF and back up PF, even if we use small ball he has very limited use now. We need to be athletic and tall or INDY and KING are going to give us fits. It's time to evolve again.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He didn't do that and folks are whining. What I don't get is this organization hasn't won a damn thing in 25 years and some folks acts like this guy owes them something. It's hilarious. This team is small and not very good.

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Silas would be overwhelmed this season, and it is unfolding.

3 guys came off Achilles and more injuries, 2 of those should have been major contributors, those are pillars made of glass.

I still believe in coach but we shall just play this season to an end and not have high expectations whatsoever.

Harden can get lost with his nonchalant body language.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

15 seconds into the video James is asked if he is still being affected by his ankle which he replies "nope, I'm fine".

12. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Member

Why is Calvin "despicable"? Last time I saw, he was proven innocent.

13. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Thats a real shocker. Harden quitting??? No, not Harden, I dont believe it. ;)

14. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I think what Kawhi did was giving up, also AD, he sat on the bench and waited. Even Butler. At least Harden is playing, he is not going to say he is hurt either. But, if we don't start winning and get some chemistry going the writing is on the wall.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Calvin: He quit
    Harden stans: BUT BUT BUT CALVIN MOLESTED HIS DAUGHTERS, IS A PEDOPHILE, HAS 14 KIDS WITH NINE WOMEN, IS A TERRIBLE FATHER & TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING!

:rolleyes:

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I was never optimistic, unfortunately. That was the day I completely turned on Fertitta.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Harden is 31 and wants an easier road to the Finals. This team is small, with a first year head coach and a first year GM. This will not be an easy road and some of the guys last year did not enjoy microball, especially in the playoffs.

Outside of Wood and Brittle Boogie they are really too damn small. The Rockets are the land of small misfit toys right now.

0- Sterling Brown -6'5 219 (benched in Milwaukee last year)
    10- Eric Gordon- 6'3 215 (32 years old)
    13- James Harden -6'5 220 (wants a trade)
    4 - Danuel House Jr. - 6'6 215 (Cat Brain)
    16 - Ben McLemore -6'3 195 (plays forward at 6'3)
    2 - David Nwaba -6'5 219 (coming off an achilles/ guard size)
    8 - Jae'Sean Tate- 6'4 230 (Rookie plays the 4/5 at 6'4 & played in Australia last year)
    17- P.J. Tucker- 6'5 245 (35 years old small 4/5. Can't finish at the rim & mediocre 3pt shooter)

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now it is just small ball with Wood who is a tad taller, less rebounding, no D, and inconsistent effort.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why didn't Calvin win a ring? Did he quit?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's gotta be tough being a Harden simp right now, he's by far the biggest problem the team has but as a Harden simp, you can't blame him for anything.

It has to be difficult when you see guys out there like Boogie, Wall, and Wood playing the hardest they can while Harden plays with the least amount of effort possible....but you somehow have to blame the other guys anyway.