1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy: "Where was Jeremy Lin?"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by munco, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

He benched Asik vs Miami.

He benched Lin vs Portland.

Who's next?

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

WTF!! NO ASIAN MAN IN THIS CARTOON!! #Racist :p

3. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Lin can..but Lin won't...cuz Asik would be fouled out if Lin being too aggressive with his man.

4. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Lin could...but Lin would't...cuz Asik would be fouled out if Lin being too aggressive with his man.

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

"That's ridiculous!!"

- Carmelo Anthony @ July, 2012

"That's ridiculous!!"

- Rockets fans @ Nov, 2012

6. 34to11

34to11 Member

Nothing personal.
    Would you disagree that objectivity seems to be in short supply among the Lin Loyalists?

On this issue, the short answer: Yes.

To run off such a list would be irrelevant as it all boils down to one's definition of "elite defender".
    For you, I'm guessing, Lin fits the bill.
    For me, not so much.

7. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

nice positive post.. those points have been put forward in some other threads, trying to calm down the flood of negativity and knee jerk reactions by new fans (mostly).. unfortunately, people will see what they want to see.. regardless whether they are paying fans, or otherwise..

I would like to think that coaches, managers and owner not only see progress on game to game basis but looking at a projected progress throughout the whole season... or even longer period.. if I am a planning guy, this may a season of testing weaknesses and plays, giving exposure and developing familiarity between players.. The second half of the season may be used to test players strengths and developing/fine tuning plays.. the off season would be the time for re-inforcement and fine tuning specific skills.. and next season would be for actual playing to win playoffs.. this season is sacrificed. Call it tanking, like some people wanted to, while gaining good experience...

Therefore, since being obsessed on negativity would spoil the enjoyment of watching/following the games... I prefer being on the positive side... if things were so bad, the most important fan of the team (the owner Les) would have been the first one grumbling..

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is it possible that Sampson is... WORSE... than MacHail????

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is this what the end of the world feels like?

9. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I just hope Lin isn't effected by this and goes on a tear real soon bcuz after this benching I hope he doesn't stink it up after this

12. 34to11

34to11 Member

Is Lin the new Royce White?

13. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

why be so worried about him?I hope you not project your own insecurities to Lin...I am superconfident that baring some injury lin is destined to play great and be a superstar...he's simply too good to be affected by any circumstance...or is it just me?

14. scaramanga

scaramanga Member

Lin will be OK and better... after all this game showed a lot of promise.... it is a matter of time, patience, hard work and strong challenges..:)

15. conquistador#11

can anyone post the last 11 points from lillard on lin? I want to see for myself if lin was doing a worst job at "guarding" lillard than Douglas.

if you bench lin for lillard getting hot and getting caught in between the screens, what do you do to those 'guarding' batum?
    Complete fubar that lin didn't play in OT, when he was keeping the flow of the offense.

16. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

No Lin was doing a better job defensively the last 4 minutes. He followed Lillard like glued to him. TD tripped twice going under and over the screen.

17. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

They weren't on Lin. From what I remember...

2FT's from a drive where he was fouled by Morris. (You could count this on Lin as he was guarding at the time, but it was PnR play.)
    2FTs from Lin fouling Lillard after Harden was knocked to the floor and had turned the ball over. It was an intentional foul to deny an easy basket.
    2 point shot where Lin forced a really tough contested jumper on Lillard.

I could be mistaken but I think the rest of Lillard's points were on other players defending him, not Lin. Basically couch took Lin out with a couple of minutes left and put TD in. Lillard immediately scored his first three, then almost knocked in another one.

So I think Lillard actually only scored 6 points on Lin in that quarter, though I could be missing one shot somewhere.

18. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

19. highlander3128

Don't! He's right there playing for the Suns. Go to their forum to suppot him.

20. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

It Does NOT matter.

Whether Lin is "in" during OT or not, it does NOT matter. Here's why;

1.) The play is for Harden to orchestrate the offense or try to score anyway. No point for Lin being on the floor as he not doing the PG role. He is has a poor shooting %.
    2.) Lin is not aggressive anyway, or doing the what the gameplan requires, give the ball to Harden. It beats me why TD still drives and attempts to shoot the ball.
    3.) Lin will not deviate and play his style, he follows the coach to the letter
    - not like TD who has the balls to take it.

Still early in the season. Let's see as the season progress. if there is anything i like the coaching staff is doing is giving Lin some controlled minutes. Not riding him hard. I feel bad for Parsons and Harden, they are clocking heavy minutes. Hope they can sustain it till end of season. Well, Harden needs to, Parsons just got 800K this year, so a little minutes reduction should be OK. Give those PT to TJones!