1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy says The Rockets will extend McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EssTooKayTD, Dec 3, 2008.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Interestingly enough, Calvin reiterated this statement again last night. I'm sure that the team and McGrady could come to an agreement to keep him here once he's a FA. Then again, I'm sure someone who lost out on the bigger names that year would take a chance on McGrady.

2. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This maybe true but almost every other team can say the same thing. GM's of the league are not stupid they know how important the 2010 off season will be so every team will be looking to "reload."

I say we hold on to Yao and see if we can land another big name to tag along w/ him.

Extend T-Mac if it for something around the mid level exception & make a run for a championship! (Wishful thinking i know!)

3. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

If Tmac really wants to win, he will sign for 7 mill a yr.

4. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

How long will it take before the Rockets realize that McGrady's not the answer? They need to go after someone else, McGrady's all but done, and I don't think he works well with Yao.

5. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLoco Member

If the Rockets resign McGrady, it's not going to be for a big contract. And McGrady and the Rockets will be well aware that he's not going to be that superstar face of the franchise. If they could resign him for a decent, average NBA salary and he is willing to be the 3rd or 4th guy or maybe just be a role player, I'd be fine with him coming back.

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

I have no problem with T-Mac at a lower salary taking a lesser role in the offense but come on. 3rd or 4th? To who? Yao and? Please don't say Artest or Shane...just a role player? That's a little much don't you think?

7. zhanggj1987

zhanggj1987 Member

Let him go and get two 10million players.Make Yao our core and play like a team.A team can't depend on one person'performing.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

From a business standpoint, first round exit or not, Yao is the most marketable man in the league. Cash cow.

9. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLoco Member

Well this is assuming we sign somebody big in 2010. Should have added that into my original post.

10. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind re-signing McGrady, but not as our star player. He would most definitely have to sign a contract that wouldn't be much much than $6-8 million per year. He's just not worth the money we're paying him right now and for that matter anything CLOSE to that in 2010.

11. Raven

Raven Member

If the Rockets blow another first round series, I think you'll get your wish.

12. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

hope it's true. don't pick apart a team that's starting to work well together