1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calling out Rocket critics in the media, Jason Williams@realgm.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pppbigppp, Mar 9, 2008.

1. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

It is nothing new to see articles that is critical of Rockets, even when we are winning. This article probably has been posted here in the past, although I didn't get the link here. I shoot Jason an email, which is posted below. I am not sure if this has been done before, but I want to invite Jason here to explain himself. Is this a good idea? If so, I will send Jason a follow up email with a link of this thread.

Article is written after we beat the Nugget for the 15th win. But I only read it today.
    http://www.realgm.com/src_twoplusthefoul/180/20080304/dream_playoff_match_ups_out_west/

Clutchfans represents! Here is what Jason got

Hi Jason,

http://www.realgm.com/src_twoplusthefoul/180/20080304/dream_playoff_match_ups_out_west/

I'm writing you this piece in response to your opinion on the Houston Rockets. As you might had recently found out, through surprise or shock, Rockets is now tied for the 4th spot of the all time winning streak, and tie for 2nd spot of all time consecutive double digits wins. Their next 3 games are against non-playoff teams. Oh they overtook Hornets NO for the 3rd place Western standing. They only lose 1 and 2 more games than SA and LA.

You probably know what I'm getting at. If you don't take criticism, then you can save some time by stop reading further. Everything you wrote about the Rockets is so ill-informed and biased that I just have to respond to your baseless rant, in the hope to reduce the non-sensual garbage cluttered in the media. I hope you can help me in this regard by actually watch a Rockets game sometime in the future, before you commit yourself in another opinion piece.

First of all, the Rockets front court consists of Luis 3rd in ROY Scola, Chuck the defense Hayes, Carl 6th in ROY Landary(www.nba.com), and Dikembe 8th wondering in the world Mutombo. Even without Yao Ming, these guys are more than enough to get the job done against anybody. I'm sure NBA fans want to see the players that play the best ball in the playoff. Thus I'm confused by your act to single out the most productive unit in circulation currently. Your opinion clearly shows your inability to differentiate between name recognition and actual player production. You need to spend sometime researching the Rockets if you want those who know the game to take you seriously.

Oh, your classless "zombie" Mutombo reflects poorly on your decency as a person. Or are you one of those who would call Cassel an alien in media, then giggle uncontrollably while trying to imagine how funny others think you are?

With respect to Rafer Alston's recent performances, again you display an unbelievable amount of ignorance, and top it off in the same breath by bring up the washed up Jason Kidd. I'm sorry that not Houston does not have an all-star in every position, but Alston play well enough recently to be one of the Houston fan-favored. I trust Alston for being a team player and a solid contributor, as evident by the streak, thank you very much.

I'm not sure why you are so fond of the Nuggets. No disrespect to AI and Carmelo, but they have almost no chance against LA in playoff. I am willing to put money where my mouth is. Can you? Oh wait a minute, did you know that Rockets' 15th win comes in the expense of the playoff-hopeful Nugget? After the lost, some Nugget fans on Realgm's message board called for Karl's head, some want to trade AI, and this is what you came up with. I think you need a subscription of a reality check dose.

Last but not least, the reason why I even bother to respond to you, Rockets is "boring and uninspired"? That just cross the line from being hypothetical to purely delusional. Do you also have the same problem with the reining champion Spurs? Is there something you hate about winning? Maybe too few comebacks-from-behind or last seconds off-balance miracles?

Not every fan want to have prima donas on their team to stir up the drama pot. Your "uninspired" team currently has arguably the best on/off court chemistry. It is bad enough that the Rockets has to cope with the loss of Yao Ming and a greatly diminished playoff opportunity. Being able to overcome this unfortunate event and continue their on-court dominance is anything but uninspiring. Please make a serious attempt to watch an actual game that has McGrady, Mutombo, Landry, Scola, Altson, Hayes, and Adelman. Oh, stop listening to Charles Barkley. He kissed a Donkey's ass on national TV, enough said.

I want to congratulate you for not making any ridiculously McGrady claim. But keep in mind that if you do, there is always someone ready to look you up.

bbs.clutchfans.net

2. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Brilliant!

3. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Dikembe "The Zombie" Mutumbo? I take insult to that.

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

great but do we really need to bash every analyst who has their own view and own opinion?

5. inler

inler Contributing Member

is it wrong that you're posting that on behalf of the entire message board, with thousands upon thousands of members?

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He asked for feedback, so I don't see a problem with that!

I can't believe he thinks the Nuggets would be more exciting to watch in the playoffs than the Rockets. The Nuggets have zero shot of beating any of the WC playoff teams. They are clearly a distant 9th in the pecking order.

7. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Yeah I don't think I handle that part very well. That's why I put bbs.clutchfans.net instead of www.clutchfans.net in the end. I guess that's not enough.

I don't think I bashed him that hard. I tried my best to have a civil discourse.

8. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

dude your letter is so poorly written
    the grammar is killing me man

9. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

andrew shen your grammar sucks worse

10. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

I thought it was well written and an accurate view of the majority here. ;)

11. bbjai

bbjai Member

his talking about the same nuggets we destroyed.........

12. wink2moochie07

I second this notion. Any hope of your letter being taken seriously flew out of the window. I was reading the piece and was auto-correcting it in my head on the fly as I read it. I didnt even notice how poorly it was written until I caught myself correcting it.

WOW. No offense but WOW.

13. acshen

teehee

14. acshen

just to back my statement up, some painful excerpts...

top it off in the same breath by bring up the washed up Jason Kidd.

I'm sorry that not Houston does not have an all-star in every position, but Alston play well enough recently to be one of the Houston fan-favored.

That just cross the line

the reining champion Spurs

Not every fan want to have prima donas

any ridiculously McGrady claim.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

The grammar is a little sloppy, but I love the gist of the response.

It's realgm for crying out loud, not like it's Wall Street Journal.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

If you are reading it for your English class, you are missing the point. You dont watch Jessica Simpson for acting.

17. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Well, I'm sorry for treating an email like a thesis.

But at any rate, my head had cool off. I'm not going to invite Jason here. Just let this die.

18. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

See, it happens :D

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Exactly, I would take Rick Adelman's pass extra offense/TMac show over the inconsistent and flashy Denver offense.

20. andrewt

andrewt Member

non-sensual? i would hope stuff the media writes is non-sensual (hint: look it up). i think the word you're looking for is nonsensical. at least try to sound intelligent when you're trying to represent thousands of people. sign it with your own name. i don't want you speaking for me.