1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Calling All Gamers] Game Advice Needed *Time Sensitive*

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OGKashMoney, Dec 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

So my friend's b/f works for EA and can get me games on the cheap. So told me last year, but I never took her up on the offer. But now that I am actually going to get my first real "time-off" over the next month to not worry about law or law school related stuff, I want to get some games to play w/ friends and so my little cousins can play when they come over.

I haven't played games in the last 1 1/2+ b/c I live in to school out in SF and didn't want to bring my PS3. And I am really out of the loop on what games are good.

I took a quick look on EA Sports website and I am thinking about getting Fighting Round 4 (I can play this w/ my dad and friends), Fifa 10, and Madden Arcade. Any feed back on these? I used to love the old Fifa games on PS2.

Also any other suggestions for none-sports related games?

And I need to tell her by the 9th or 10 b/c I fly home on the 15th.

I really need your guys help b/c I have a final on the 7th/10th/14th so I can't do any research on my own. I have to rely on fellow Clutchfaners!

Thanks in advance and sorry if this post sounds weird, but I got to get back to studying. :grin:

2. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Get Fifa...if you loved the ps2 versions...you'll love this one.

3. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Dragon Age Origins

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Fight Night R4: Didn't like this at all. Sluggish controls compared to 3. Huge disappointment for me.

FIFA 10: GET IT. Best soccer game ever. Manager mode is so buggy it's borderline unplayable though.

Madden 10: Best football game ever made.

Burnout Paradise: A must-have.

Skate & Skate 2: These are both quite good.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Probably only EA games right?

So...

Brutal Legend
    Madden10
    Fifa 10
    NHL 10
    Tiger Woods 10

Those are most of the ones I can think of worth playing, their catalogue is seriously sucking lately.

DD

6. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Madden Arcade is a download and not an actual game you can physically purchase, to the best of my knowledge. Go for the actual Madden 2010 game. It is great.

7. The Drake

The Drake Member

Where are you going to school?

Good luck on exams!

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

EA games:

Fifa 10
    Madden 10

NBA live online is horrible this year. So no to that.

Other games:

COD MW2 (a gotta have)
    Dragons Origins
    Prototype
    Need fro Speed Cabon ( best car game up to...)
    Forza 3

9. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

go with DD's list... he knows what he's talking about.

10. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Thanks man. Its going to be a hectic week for me. I go to UC Hastings.

So if I am on the fence for FN Round 4 now. Anyone have any other opinions on that? I will get Madden also it looks like.

EA is definitely lacking with games at the moment.

11. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Oops, hit the send button to quickly on the last one. Yea, it is only EA games.

Thanks for the list.

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

EA doesn't have too many big ones out right now. DD's list definitely is about it. Brutal Legend seems like it can be fun. If you get anything else, Modern Warfare 2, the new Ratchet and Uncharted 2 are great ones.

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Couple more:

Mirror's Edge - Haven't played this yet, but heard mostly good things. It is really short I think, but luckily you can get it cheap (I got it cheap for the PC, but haven't gotten around to it yet). FPS with parkour.

Dead Space - Played a bit of this. Seems interesting, and I've read good things about it. Horror game in space.

If you have a PC, you could check out Mass Effect, Crysis, Spore (?), and maybe a few others. Though some of those have sold for really cheap on Steam or elsewhere IIRC (sometimes <$10 I think), so I'm not sure how much more of a discount you would get here (free?).

To be honest, I really like EA's output in the last 1-2 years (and what they should have in the next year or so). Much, much better than the years before that IMO. Back then, I never even considered getting an EA game, but now I have quite a few.