1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Call them racists..."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jul 20, 2010.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

seriously, what world do you live. if it was a unitary media, you wouldn't be able to start 90% of your threads because you only copy and paste from the media types who support your ideals.

1 person likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No actually they are not. Being registered to vote in the primary of a party, as you reminded us you were in 2008, qualifies you for "membership" therein, there is no other qualification needed.

In your registration form, in which you filled out as "Republican" under Box 11, which you did before you voted for Huckabee, you testified to the state of new york under "choose a party" that you are a republican - you did this under penalty of law, facing up to 4 years in prison if you were lying.

You are proudly claimed by the Republican party as one of their own. And you claim it as your own. No disagreements here.

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Repped.

basso: you cry about racism more than any black man I ever met.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

unlike Bill Clinton, i can't claim to be the first black basso. that honor goes to another great singer.

[​IMG]

5. Batman Jones

I've never been a Bill Clinton fan, but of course this is just another in a long line of untruths from you. Clinton never claimed to be the first black anything.

6. basso

Supporting Member

and you've demonstrated you're the first humorless batman.

7. Batman Jones

Wrong again, of course. (Have you ever been right?) With the exceptions of the campy 60s TV series, the comic book during that brief era and the Superfriends cartoon, all versions of Batman have been humorless for over 70 years.

But then, not thinking your 'jokes' are funny doesn't make one humorless. In fact the next person on this site who does find your jokes funny will be the first.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes because you are talking about Republicans being called racist when the issue that you are citing actually involved the Democratic Primaries

If that was the case you never would've heard the story.

Whoops looks like Pgab beat me to it.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

More...

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Truth.

His "jokes" aren't jokes. They're more of passive aggressive attempts to showcase his underlying, closeted racism, hatred for Obama's effort to contribute to society and misunderstanding of any moderate or liberal viewpoint.

I have plenty of conservative friends, but the difference is, well, they have legitimate arguments and reasoning for their beliefs. Bass'O, on the other hand, is a robot that posts garbage and rebuttal- posts that come from the underbelly of the internet.

The mirror finds him hillarious though...

At least post in the GARM once in awhile. This is Clutchfans, afterall. It's really about the Rockets and not for your love of the Tea "party" and ObamaHate.

11. basso

Supporting Member

*shudder*

that's a dark and scary place.

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Probably because you're so unfamiliar with the Rockets at this point.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There aren't any tea party players on the Rockets so ya know, why bother?

14. basso

Supporting Member

well, this explains this.

[rquoter]Liberal journalists suggest government shut down Fox News
    By Jonathan Strong - The Daily Caller 12:01 AM 07/21/2010

ADVERTISEMENT
    If you were in the presence of a man having a heart attack, how would you respond? As he clutched his chest in desperation and pain, would you call 911? Would you try to save him from dying? Of course you would.

But if that man was Rush Limbaugh, and you were Sarah Spitz, a producer for National Public Radio, that isn’t what you’d do at all.

In a post to the list-serv Journolist, an online meeting place for liberal journalists, Spitz wrote that she would “Laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out” as Limbaugh writhed in torment.

In boasting that she would gleefully watch a man die in front of her eyes, Spitz seemed to shock even herself. “I never knew I had this much hate in me,” she wrote. “But he deserves it.”

Spitz’s hatred for Limbaugh seems intemperate, even imbalanced. On Journolist, where conservatives are regarded not as opponents but as enemies, it barely raised an eyebrow.

In the summer of 2009, agitated citizens from across the country flocked to town hall meetings to berate lawmakers who had declared support for President Obama’s health care bill. For most people, the protests seemed like an exercise in participatory democracy, rowdy as some of them became.

On Journolist, the question was whether the protestors were garden-variety fascists or actual Nazis.

“You know, at the risk of violating Godwin’s law, is anyone starting to see parallels here between the teabaggers and their tactics and the rise of the Brownshirts?” asked Bloomberg’s Ryan Donmoyer. “Esp. Now that it’s getting violent? Reminds me of the Beer Hall fracases of the 1920s.”

Richard Yeselson, a researcher for an organized labor group who also writes for liberal magazines, agreed. “They want a deficit driven militarist/heterosexist/herrenvolk state,” Yeselson wrote. “This is core of the Bush/Cheney base transmorgrified into an even more explicitly racialized/anti-cosmopolitan constituency. Why? Um, because the president is a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama. But it’s all the same old nuts in the same old bins with some new labels: the gun nuts, the anti tax nuts, the religious nuts, the homophobes, the anti-feminists, the anti-abortion lunatics, the racist/confederate crackpots, the anti-immigration whackos (who feel Bush betrayed them) the pathological government haters (which subsumes some of the othercategories, like the gun nuts and the anti-tax nuts).”

“I’m not saying these guys are capital F-fascists,” added blogger Lindsay Beyerstein, “but they don’t want limited government. Their desired end looks more like a corporate state than a rugged individualist paradise. The rank and file wants a state that will reach into the intimate of citizens when it comes to sex, reproductive freedom, censorship, and rampant incarceration in the name of law and order.”

On Journolist, there was rarely such thing as an honorable political disagreement between the left and right, though there were many disagreements on the left. In the view of many who’ve posted to the list-serv, conservatives aren’t simply wrong, they are evil. And while journalists are trained never to presume motive, Journolist members tend to assume that the other side is acting out of the darkest and most dishonorable motives.

When the writer Victor Davis Hanson wrote an article about immigration for National Review, for example, blogger Ed Kilgore didn’t even bother to grapple with Hanson’s arguments. Instead Kilgore dismissed Hanson’s piece out of hand as “the kind of Old White Guy cultural reaction that is at the heart of the Tea Party Movement. It’s very close in spirit to the classic 1970s racist tome, The Camp of the Saints, where White Guys struggle to make up their minds whether to go out and murder brown people or just give up.”

The very existence of Fox News, meanwhile, sends Journolisters into paroxysms of rage. When Howell Raines charged that the network had a conservative bias, the members of Journolist discussed whether the federal government should shut the channel down.

“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracised. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.” Davies, a Brit, frequently argued the United States needed stricter libel laws.

“I agree,” said Michael Scherer of Time Magazine. Roger “Ailes understands that his job is to build a tribal identity, not a news organization. You can’t hurt Fox by saying it gets it wrong, if Ailes just uses the criticism to deepen the tribal identity.”

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air. “Do you really want the political parties/white house picking which media operations are news operations and which are a less respectable hybrid of news and political advocacy?”

But Zasloff stuck to his position. “I think that they are doing that anyway; they leak to whom they want to for political purposes,” he wrote. “If this means that some White House reporters don’t get a press pass for the press secretary’s daily briefing and that this means that they actually have to, you know, do some reporting and analysis instead of repeating press releases, then I’ll take that risk.”

Scherer seemed alarmed. “So we would have press briefings in which only media organizations that are deemed by the briefer to be acceptable are invited to attend?”

John Judis, a senior editor at the New Republic, came down on Zasloff’s side, the side of censorship. “Pre-Fox,” he wrote, “I’d say Scherer’s questions made sense as a question of principle. Now it is only tactical.”[/rquoter]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/21/l...nment-shut-down-fox-news/print/#ixzz0uJvuonME

15. basso

Supporting Member

another example of how supposedly unbiased journalism is in fact, heavily biased JournoListism

Last week I flagged a dispatch by Bloomberg News about the Bush tax cuts as particularly leftish biased. Now it turns out that the author of the dispatch, Ryan Donmoyer, was a participant in the Journo-list email discussion group in which members fantasized about killing Rush Limbaugh, throwing Michael Ledeen through a plate glass window, and discussed accusing various right-wingers of racism to distract attention from Rev. Jeremiah Wright. Many of the other participants are identified with openly left publications such as the Nation. But Bloomberg News is supposed to be straight down the middle.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

More info... from Ezra Klein who started the list...

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

He had his people do it for him, maybe? Aren't they called handlers?

18. basso

Supporting Member

from election night, and shortly thereafter. every entry reads like one of mc mark's "**** Yeah!" posts...

except these are some random faux butch internet posters, they're that liberal media:

Obama Wins! and JournoListers rejoice.
    [rquoter]
    By Jonathan Strong - The Daily Caller 12:56 PM 07/21/2010

Nov. 3:

DAVID ROBERTS, GRIST: It’s all I can do not to start bawling.

LUKE MITCHELL, HARPER’S: I’m picturing something like VJ Day in Times Square. Seriously!

JOHN BLEVINS, SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE OF LAW: It’s all I can do to hold it together.

Nov. 4:

MOIRA WHELAN, NATIONAL SECURITY NETWORK: I’m looking across the street at my polling place, and the line is wrapped around the block. I nearly burst into tears when I saw it. I’m feeling like today is closing the door on a terrible era, and opening another. I’m glad you started this thread because I was feeling kind of like I was the only one who is deeply emotional today.

HENRY FARRELL, GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY: I had to close my office door yesterday because I was watching YouTube videos of elderly African Americans saying what this meant to them and tearing up.

JOSH BEARMAN, LA WEEKLY: 11 months ago I burst into tears by myself on a plane while watching Hardball when my mind wandered to the image of President Obama being sworn in. I’ve been fighting it ever since.

EZRA KLEIN, AMERICAN PROSPECT: OHIO!

ALEC MCGILLIS, WASHINGTON POST: If you need further proof that VA is looking to go blue, check out what’s going on in VA-5 in deepest Southside Virginia, where Tom Perriello, my college roommate and a very good guy, is now up .06 percentage points — 2,000 votes — against Virgil Goode with 88 percent reporting.

GREG ANRIG, THE CENTURY FOUNDATION: This is really happening.

ADELE STAN, THE MEDIA CONSORTIUM: At last I can breathe.

SPENCER ACKERMAN, WASHINGTON INDEPENDENT: YES WE DID!

STEVEN TELES, YALE UNIVERSITY: I’m not sure why, but this part of the Battle Hymn of the Republic came to me . . . . Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

SPENCER ACKERMAN: [quoting Obama] “…we may not get there in one year or in one term, but America I promise you, we as a people will get there.”

HOLY. ****ING. ****.

MICHAEL TOMASKY, THE GUARDIAN: I’m just jelly. Lord!

HAROLD POLLACK, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO: I am awed by the responsibility we have taken on. Tomorrow a desperately ill African-American woman will present at my university hospital for care, and she will be turned away. She will expect us to live up to what we feel tonight. So we’ve got a lot to live up to.

ADAM SERWER, AMERICAN PROSPECT: My take.

SPENCER ACKERMAN: *******, did an Obama speechwriter ghost that post? That’s pitch-perfect, Adam. Take a bow.

RYAN DONMOYER, BLOOMBERG NEWS: Best quip I heard today, courtesy of a Facebook friend: “I wonder if Sarah Palin is still unclear about what a community organizer does.”

Nov. 5

SETH MICHAELS, MYDD.COM: there are flag-waving whooping crowds around the white house. afl-cio hq is insane here.

KATE STEADMAN, KAISER HEALTH NEWS: i can’t imagine anything like it except a world series/superbowl win, and several of my co-walkers told me it never gets the entire city so riled. i think what makes it even more amazing is the incredible diversity in this city and how we all came together for this, especially in victory.

MOIRA WHELAN, NATIONAL SECURITY NETWORK: I’ve never felt anything like U Street tonight. Huging, kissing strangers…everything.

ALYSSA ROSENBERG, GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVE: I’ve gotta be all non-partisan on GovExec, so I hope you’ll all indulge me a minute here. On Monday night in Manassas, the band warming up the crowd before Obama arrived played “I Need You To Survive.” I think the core lyrics are pretty good statement of principles for progressives, especially going forward from a victory like this one:

It is his will, that every need be supplied.
    You are important to me, I need you to survive.

I pray for you, You pray for me.
    I love you, I need you to survive.
    I won’t harm you with words from my mouth.
    I love you, I need you to survive.

It is his will, that every need be supplied.

A lot of horribly ugly stuff got repudiated tonight. But it doesn’t end here. We need to keep making the case to the folks who disagreed with us, the folks who booed McCain during his concession speech tonight.

MATT DUSS, CENTER FOR AMERICAN PROGRESS: [Mccain aide] Randy Scheunemann Fired [last week]

LAURA ROZEN, MOTHER JONES (NOW POLITICO): Can you imagine if these bozos had won?

Nov. 7

LAURA ROZEN: People we no longer have to listen to: would it be unwise to start a thread of people we are grateful we no longer have to listen to? If not, I’ll start off: Michael Rubin.

MICHAEL COHEN, NEW AMERICA FOUNDATION: Mark Penn and Bob Shrum. Anyone who uses the expression “Real America.” We should send there ass to Gitmo!

JESSE TAYLOR, PANDAGON.NET: Michael Barone? Please?

LAURA ROZEN: Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich (afraid it’s not true), Drill Here Drill Now, And David Addington, John Yoo, we’ll see you in court?

JEFFREY TOOBIN, THE NEW YORKER: As a side note, does anyone know what prompted Michael Barone to go insane?

MATT DUSS: LEDEEN.

SPENCER ACKERMAN: Let’s just throw Ledeen against a wall. Or, pace Dr. Alterman, throw him through a plate glass window. I’ll bet a little spot of violence would shut him right the **** up, as with most bullies.

JOE KLEIN, TIME: Pete Wehner…these sort of things always end badly.

ERIC ALTERMAN, AUTHOR, WHAT LIBERAL MEDIA: ****ing Nascar r****ds…

Nov. 12

MICHAEL HIRSH, NEWSWEEK: so many of you still seem tied down to your old ideological moorings. on the early evidence obama is not similarly tied down on any level, whether diplomatically or economically (or politically: note his big-tent approach to joe lieberman). a post-ideological presidency — what a novelty, and what a relief! but this new obamian world view, i fear, also puts many of you who are part of this group in danger of imminent irrelevance. cheers, mike hirsh

Ed. Note: Affiliations are from the period in which the above statements were made.[/i][/rquoter]

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/21/obama-wins-and-journolisters-rejoice/print/#ixzz0uMqWLTDj

[​IMG]

19. Batman Jones

^Sucks to be you.

20. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

And, as explained in the article posted by the moderator of the JournaList, every one of these cherry picked, out of context quotes is like going through the D&D and cherry picking the most sensational sentences or paragraphs you can find.

Everyone with a brain knows that these emails don't prove a conspiracy, but since you don't seem to be a part of that group, I will state it again.

These emails don't prove a conspiracy.