1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call of Duty or Halo?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by G-Money, Nov 25, 2010.

Tags:
?

Call of Duty or Halo?

1. Call of Duty

50 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. Halo

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. None of them

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. G-Money

G-Money Member

Which game series do you like more?

2. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

COD.

Easy.

Halo sucks.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

COD easily. Although I prefer Halo:Reach to Black Ops in the current generation. As a whole, not even close for me

5. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Halo. I own both systems btw.

7. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I loved halo 2, but I lost interest after Halo 3. So I'll have to go with cod since I'm still addicted to the series.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Modern Warfare 2 no Black Ops though, the game is a major disappointment.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

It's like asking what's better: chips or fries :confused:

Both are garbage food made for mass consumption

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

no way, chips suck, fries are way better

11. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Yeah, plus they break as soon as you open the package. Fries have free online too.

12. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Halo definitely. Halo goes way beyond just the video games. I love the Universe and the characters. The franchise set the bar, and continues to raise it, for what a FPS should be on a game console. Each campaign in the series has gotten increasingly better, and has brought something new to the gameplay.

I haven't really played COD outside Modern Warfare, simply because those WWII games don't interest me much. And while I love Modern Warfare, I get the feeling playing the characters, that it's like Black Hawk Down. It's hard to really develop any long-term connection to these characters cause they all feel the same in a way.

Multiplayer, Halo wins easily for me. In fact, Halo is the only game series I've wanted to devote much time to multiplayer at all.

I think for me a harder choice would be Gears of War and Halo.

13. A00man

A00man Member

Halo by a mile. Give me a game that actually has AI instead of a never-ending supply of enemies that are brainless.

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What kind of poll is this? Of course COD is going to win cause its on more then one platform.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I love the characters in COD. Captain Price is among the biggest bad asses in gaming history imo (hell the guy has fught in every cod time era) and Soap MacTavish was pretty cool as well. I never cared for master cheif

Gears and Halo are not easily comparable. Halo has a strong multiplayer concept while gears, outside of horde mode (which is amazing) is mostly crap online. One is also 3rd person while the other is an fps. I would definitelt take gears but they are not really similar games

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I like Captain Price and Soap, but those aren't the only characters you play.

I look at games from a campaign perspective, and to me both stories are pretty strong. But I think you can better relate to the characters in Gears than in Halo. And why wouldn't they be, Master Chief is a super human soldier with an AI companion. And the Gears novels are freakin' badass, they do such an excellent job of expanding the universe and breathing more life into the characters. Still, I love that Cortana/Master Chief dynamic...without Cortana, Master Chief really has no soul. Which is weird since she's the AI.

As for the gameplay, it's not all that entirely different. They're still both shooters at their core. It's just that one relies heavily on cover while the other invites you to attack head on.

I think probably my favorite mission in either of those games would have to be from COD:MW though...All Ghillied Up.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Goldeneye by a mile. :)

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I disagree. I liked the Halo 1 campaign by far the best out of the Halos, but with the introduction of the arbiter Halo 2 was annoying and then Halo 3 was just kind of meh. ODST I'm still mad I was talked into buying. Finally the Halo Reach campaign was the first worth playing since Halo 1.

If this question was asked 5 years ago I would have said Halo. Now it's easily CoD.

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

COD by a landslide.. Also, I don't get all the hate towards Black Ops?? The game is pretty epic.

20. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Yeah...not really.