1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Nov 8, 2009.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

As soon as someone feels like getting rid of this one, I'll buy.

2. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

I took my brother down to get it at 12. I regret doing so, since he's been playing it all night.

I kinda laughed watching all the fat asian kids pick up there orders of night vision goggles. Why do they need night vision goggles?

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I called Gamestop (Dunvale and Westheimer) and the guy told me that even if you havent preordered, theyll probably get enough copies in where you can just show up at midnight and buy the game...but then he started with is "business approach" and said that you should preorder to be safe.

They'll have enough copies for everyone.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

That would kind of defeat the whole point of the boycott. Doubt Activision cares if I boycotted the PC version, only to buy the PS3 version. In fact, I actually wouldn't be surprised if this is what they actually wanted people to do (let's screw up the PC game so PC gamers will migrate over to consoles). I could discuss this even more (almost replied to the next post you made), but I really don't think I should post anymore in this thread.

On the second comment, I can play either way. I prefer M&KB, especially if I was trying to be competitive. But not really a big deal to me. That said, PC versions of games are usually superior in a number of ways (cheaper, better graphics/framerate, mods, easier to "fix", etc.), not just M&KB, so that wouldn't be the only reason why I'd prefer a PC game.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I expect to walk into Target tomorrow at 5:30 in the PM and pick one up.

I won't even have to melee a dude.

6. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yea i agree .

Sams
    Walmart
    Target
    Bestbuy
    etc...

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

On my way to go get one.....

8. Lil Pun

Man, I waonder what the offensive stuff is they warn you about when first playing the game. :confused:

9. RedRaiderRocket

Love the game so far went straight to multiplayer.

10. bmthint

bmthint Member

Yeah I'm wondering are you gonna play the campaign or go straight to multi? When I picked multi it recommended I go to campaing first

11. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I was a huge COD 2 fan but I didnt like how they changed the multiplayer mode on the ones after that. How is multiplayer on this one?

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Did you play the muliplayer in 4?

13. tracymac

tracymac Member

Just ordered this via Amazon...Hope I get it soon...

14. RedRaiderRocket

Multiplayer has been sick so far maps are big graphics are awesome.

15. Lil Pun

I went straight to multiplayer and have not tried campaign yet.

16. Lil Pun

I still can't figure out these kill streak perks.

1. UAV

2. Care package (When I get this I have gotten extra ammo, missile strike, and air strike. Is it random?)

3. Missile strike

I saw one player get a jet or helicopter that acts like the chopper from COD4 but I can't seem to get it.

What exactly are the kill streak perks and how do they work? :confused:

17. rawool

rawool Member

The roommate and I have been playing the Special OP missions most of the night. It's been fun, yet challenging.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I decided to just start off the campaign on veteran...not sure if that was a good idea. Its been pretty challenging. There is a point in one of the levels where I just raced ahead to get to the next checkpoint...I made it, but died immediately. Now, when I respawn, Im kind of in a crappy point where there isnt really anywhere for me to go and Im surrounded by gunfire. Basically, I step out from my cover and get blown to pieces from all sides. Tried for about 45 min to advance and have not yet been able to. Getting smoked here, but the game's graphics are truly impressive.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does this mean if there were Final Fantasy on PC you'd pick that over the PS3?

Would you protest Square Enix if they had both versions and the PS3 version had better options/features?

Dude. This game rocks on Xbox360, and I'm sure it's freaking great on PS3. this game was meant to play on a HDTV and 5.1 Surround Sound system against people who play on consoles...

Not PC. People on PC still play counterstrike and Quake.

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Either way they should not have made a crappy PC version then raised the price.