1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mic

mic Contributing Member

Idunno, thumper/RPG kills can be pretty satisfying. They're great in HQ when people are trying to cap/defend (also really annoying on the reverse).

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I play HC mode now and again, the thing on PC like I said is I tend to run into what seems like cheaters a lot more there. It's just more difficult to spot them since you can't seem them on killcam. It is a more intense game mode.

As far as those that use a lot of explosive weaps, they can equip scavenger and have as many grenades/rockets/etc. as they want.

If you guys (and gals of course, haha) are emptying clips into people, then you are wasting way too many bullets. I'm not saying I haven't done the same, but a good kill in a non-HC game should still only take a few bullets from an AR assuming you are aiming at their head and bursting.

I really wish there were a countermeasure for cheating like punk buster in MW2. :\

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Any idea when new maps are coming out?

These same levels are starting to tire me out...I need some change.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I completely agree on camping. If I am sniper in a tower or out a window, it is not camping. Camping is when someone sits behind a dumpster just waiting for people to walk by.

What I especially hate is when people b**** about campers on defense in search and destroy.

As for maps, I am just sick of them because imo they suck for the most part. Th ones from cod4 were just so much better. I don' know how a map like Wasteland ever made it into a video game. Luckily it is skipped everytime.

5. EssTooKayTD

I am not a camper (not that anything's wrong with that, haha), but it's just a play style. It's like complaining about "rushers" or people that jump around while shooting.

It's just immature people complaining b/c they died.

Even for those campers behind dumpsters, can't really complain about that. Just be more careful, and/or kill them next time you spawn.

6. rezdawg

Yeah, I agree...I think many people confuse what a camper really is...patrolling an area or playing defensive in a game mode that requires tactics and strategy is not camping. And I dont think you can ever be accused of camping if you are using a sniper.

I got the "...the harder they fall" title by killing the other teams highest ranked player 5 times in a row. In the lobby, the dude was going off on me, telling me that I suck and that I cant play without camping. I was using a damn sniper, Im allowed to sit there and pick you off dammit. :grin:

7. rezdawg

By the way, played some games of HC team deathmatch...yeah, takes a bit more skill, lol. I felt like I was really in war, any lapse in concentration or fooling around and you'll be waiting to respawn.

Working on some unlocks and leveling up before I spend full time in HC.

8. mic

mic Contributing Member

Yeah, I think it's hilarious when people complain about a sniper "camping". Are you mental? Like someone else said, it pretty much just boils down to someone being a baby about being killed.

@EssTooKayTD--You're right in that sometimes I'm not aiming right at someone's head, so it's obviously going to take more than a clip (on CoD)... But really, isn't that a little absurd when you think about it? Idunno, I just get nothing out of regular modes. They just frustrate me. Maybe I'm not skilled enough to play them. Having my thumper/grenade launcher injure someone when I have danger close equipped... C'mon now.

@rezdawg--In the HC HQ mode, you don't have to wait to spawn. Sometimes this can be a blessing or a curse. You only have to wait to respawn when you're defending a headquarters and you die.

With scavenger, you can't actually resupply your secondary (so like, your thumper/RPG for instance... or even your n00b tube), but you can resupply your equipment. Having scavenger on while defending a headquarters is great because if someone comes in and dies from your claymore, you can try to collect the pack and put a new one down (assuming that there's not someone right behind).

I actually liked quite a few of the maps, but anytime Wasteland pops up, my heart sinks. I can't stand that map. Being dumped into that map is probably the worst.

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My trick for Wasteland is...make it into the bunker and watch the hell out the map. Most times I can see where they all about to rush in, and I use the Striker. I find if I look for they shadows on the ground I get the jump on them more often than not.

I am kinda bored with the maps, I can hardly play more than a hr without a few of my buddies online. Im also playing with only the magnum when I do free-for-all...talk about sucking ass...but keeps it kinda fun

I do love how all the guys who used the rank up cheat are sucking ass now after the update....how you gonna be a 10 prestige and finish a match 3 kills and 28 deaths

to me ...I love campers...specially in Free-for-All...I talk alot of trash...if you get me Im coming till I get you lol

10. EssTooKayTD

Sure you can. Switch to your empty ammo, say your grenade launcher, pick up a scavenger pack. watch yourself reload. You have to have the gun you want to get more ammo for equipped when grabbing an ammo pack. Unless I misunderstood you.

Someone complaining about camping (esp if you are a sniper) is just whining. Let me get this right. You know exactly where I am. I have to guess where you might come at me next.

I have the advantage on you at range, but if you can close that range or flank me, you have a much better chance of killing me.

Who is at the advantage here? That is the epitome of a whiny b**** on a video game. Chances are that person kept trying to come at you the same way and you killed him in the same way each time and he's complaining b/c he's an idiot. Gotta blame someone I suppose, haha.

11. mic

mic Contributing Member

Wow, really? I thought it just refreshed your equipment for you. So, can your equipment be empty (say a claymore or grenade) and it will still refresh your grenade launcher (if you have it selected)? It will also refresh an empty secondary weapon, like a Thumper? Crazy. Unless I'm misunderstanding you. :)

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Striker goes off bc of large magazine especially if you are using scavenger pro and get the extended mags. I like to use the sleight of hand pro though. it reloads the gun quick. Ive been playing free for all and just using the 1014 shotgun. Just run around blow people up.

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

Nevermind, looked it up (http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenger):

Never realized just how powerful Scavenger really is!

14. tested911

tested911 Member

Oh man, it's awesome.. I've been using the perk for over 4months now.. Basically have unlimited Noob tubes LOL and Claymores... It's insane how many kills you get..Think about this

Noob Tube + Claymore + Thumper + Stun Grenades... constantly getting recharged... Oh in wasteland you have a field day when they are underneath in the bunker.. Also in Skidrow you just put claymores all over inside the 2nd floor building..

15. RedRaiderRocket

Tried playing hardcore last night I can only stand playing hardcore headquarters because least people have to move around. I personally don't find a game when people just sit at one spot lay in the ground near the grass and the guy finally stands up once you pass him. I don't know if it takes more skill to play hardcore or not but I like to move around and most times or not if I run into a guy in regular games and we both see other I will probably kill them.

16. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I was just really getting into playing MW2 and then this happened tonight:

[​IMG]

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I was just about to bump this thread. Sorry bout the ring o' death Hilltopper. buy a PS3 ;)

anyways.

PSN Usernames. Post em'

mine: Reeko_Htown

18. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I just powered down and powered back on again. The red ring is gone, but the screen freezes when I power on. That's what was happening when I was playing on it earlier this afternoon. The game froze about 4 times before I finally quit trying.

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sound like you play like me...today on HQ i had 5 straight games of over 55 kills...was nuts...but deaths was in the high 20s to mid 30s

I dont mind my deaths...alot of times its trying to capture or take the HQ back..

20. rezdawg

Wait, you know you can only have 2 claymores up at a time, right? When you add a 3rd, your first one explodes. Just want you to know so that you dont accidentally destroy claymores that are placed in better strategical locations.