1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Nov 8, 2009.

1. mic

mic Contributing Member

Well, my point is that it won't get you to your next killstreak reward.

Chopper gunner is p much the best killstreak reward imo.

2. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I still can't believe people still call other players noobs. Even worse it doesn't even apply to only people that suck, it is used by anyone who wants to whine about how they died.

Mute is a beautiful thing. Wish I could turn off any typing from idiots too.

3. mic

mic Contributing Member

First thing I did when I bought MW2 was change chat/text to friends only. People still can't handle a girl playing video games, and I'd rather not hear 12 year olds singing.

I still get creepy friend reqs, though.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think the pave low counts towards your killstreak if you get a kill on your own as well.

For example, if you call in the pave low and sit in a corner, it wont unlock the chopper gunner on its own. But, if you call in the pave low, while you're still out on the field ramboing it up, then it will unlock your next killstreak.

I think. :grin: I have my killstreaks at 7, 9, 11. I had my streak at 8, got a double kill, and the pave low unlocked chopper gunner for me.

5. EssTooKayTD

It's interesting to see the differences between console MW and PC MW.

From the game's standpoint, PC is more susceptible to cheaters/hacking. Console is more exploits. So accusations of cheating are more rampant on PC. Not too fun when a player gets nukes every game.

Aim assist on console, no such thing on PC.

The age range of players seems to be older on PC, as less children have gaming rigs where more probably have an xbox or access to one. This results in a typically older crowd on PC, although that doesn't mean more mature, haha.

I can only assume creepy guys thinking every female that plays games MUST be the most attractive female on the planet is shared on both PC and Console.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I play pc mw2. I haven't played it in two months. There are too many cheaters.

7. EssTooKayTD

*knock on wood* it hasn't been too bad for me the last couple of weeks. I have been accused of cheating a couple of times. Typically you might run into some wall hackers, but you can still out shoot them. Aimbots though...yeah those are tough.

8. mic

mic Contributing Member

I could definitely see an older crowd on PC, though more mature? Like you said, questionable... I just remember playing CoD4 at a friend's house, and he didn't have voice/text enabled to friends only. I accidentally spoke into the mic without being on mute (at the time I wanted to hear what people were saying for strategic purposes), and the first thing I heard was, "Are you an elf?" Really...? Maybe it's time to leave your parents' basement for a breath of fresh air.

9. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

I play on console. Just curious, what are some of the ways people cheat on PC?

10. EssTooKayTD

I know. We sometimes play with kids that are young (kids of friends, mine is still a newborn, haha), and they of course like to talk on the microphone. First thing you hear is some jokes about their age. Ironic when they 1.) are more immature than the kids 2.) get killed by the kids 3.) assume we are all young and just got killed by what they think is a group of kids.

I'm like you, I just shut up and play.

11. EssTooKayTD

uh-huh curious...hahah. I havne't looked into it, but the most common first-person cheats I know of are ones that are commonly called "wall hacks" and "aimbots."

I think you can probably search youtube to see vids of them in action.

Wall hacks, just means you run a cheat that puts something like a box around each player that represents their location and hitbox. You can see it regardless of where they are on the map. So you can see them through walls, hence the name.

Aimbot, is exactly what you think. Think of aim assist on consoles where it helps you out except it takes your crosshairs and snaps them to each players head. there's still recoil, but you don't stand too much of a chance against it.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I hate aim assist so much. Causes my demise so much. I wish you could turn it off....

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

It's amazing how many kids trash talk for no apparent reason. For example, I said "Good Game" no sarcasm or otherwise in my tone, and he's like "Yeah, that's right [string of expletives]". They go hard on Call of Duty. :grin:

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, no kidding...our team lost one round and without being provoked, the kid (sounded no older than 12-14) starts mouthing off about how he just stuck his d*ck up our asses. The whole lobby time was spent with him just mouthing off while nobody from our team said a thing. Annoying.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I agree on chopper gunner being a good reward. if done right it is more effective then ac 130.

16. EssTooKayTD

Aw man I thought you could turn it off. That is the weakest of sauces.

17. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

18. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

I don't play on PC, but based on my experiences from Counterstrike, I would say wallhack, aimbot, speedhack...

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Just had dinner with the main man at Infinity Ward....cool conversation.

DD

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Did you tell him that you don't like his game?