1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call of Duty 2014: Advanced Warfare?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, May 1, 2014.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

Still early, but the player movement is smoother, the graphics cleaner, hit detection is good even at long distances and the maps are pretty diverse and different from the norm. You can actually see people poking their heads out from very far away which is huge. The game has potential. I don't want to give it the thumbs up too soon though although I knew I didn't like ghosts that much in comparison to previous releases after the very first hour I played it. I need to play this for a couple of hours straight and get a little more map knowledge. The Rockets being on 2 days in a row has hindered that. I feel right now like people are flying in out of random places and I'm not able to really get any streaks over 7 yet with any consistency, but honestly that is the norm for me when a new CoD comes out while learning the maps, choke points, and where people like to camp because I run around the whole map constantly while playing. I wouldn't normally be concerned, but the improved player movement makes for unpredictable encounters with enemies that didn't take place before. I can foresee some very frustrating moments in the future when I'm one away from a big streak and a dude comes completely out of nowhere and blasts me on the top of the head lol.

2. Salvy

Salvy Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NxLr0vcoFLk?list=UU9PBzalIcEQCsiIkq36PyUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Hard to tell anything by that since the Xbox one version looks so dark.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Xbox One is way more stable at 60fps than PS4's super powerful hardware.... Still looks great....

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I have problems with Titanfall being too dark too.

6. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Dat 900p

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As usual...stupid people who don't own either console are the first to chime in with some Xbox biased bull****. One game out of a hundred. Omgomgomgomg Xbox is #winning.
    Buy a console, play some games and stop posting garbage that doesn't matter.

I don't see anyone with a PS4 talking about Sunset Overdrive only being 900P, or Halo 2 Anniversary for that matter.

#87 seclusion, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

I have tried twice on Sunday and Monday(yesterday) to pick up my Xbox One Sunset Overdrive Bundle and it was sold out at Best Buy....

900P>1080(with bad gameplay).... I'm fine with Xbox's lower resolution, not gonna make Halo MCC any less enjoyable.... PS4 fanboys can stick to their 1080P slow motion stutter gaming..

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yep, convinced you're r****ded now.

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Most new games on the Xbox one are 1080p. Master Chief Collection is 1080p, Destiny is 1080p. There are still a few games just being release that are 900p or above....not 1080p. Many of games that are cross-platform look better on the Xbox One. Madden 15 is one (runs at 1080p..btw).

Sunset Overdrive chose to use a lower resolution for framerate. There have PS4 games to do the same. Go forward, less likely they will need to do that. A PS4 game like "The Order" will go 30fps at 1080p, otherwise it would be 900p at 60fps.

Again....it is up to the developers. The Xbox One is fine.........and can do 1080p, 60 fps in most games...just like the PS4.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're not educating anyone, I have both consoles. And no, most new games are not in 1080p. Microsoft picks and chooses which ones they want to make sure are 1080p. There are also obvious ones that are going to run that way regardless because they're not that intensive -- Madden since you mentioned it is a great example. Anyway, it doesn't matter they're both good consoles. You two need to take off your Microsoft_is_the_only_answer hats.

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Too many people saying good things about this game...picked it up on my lunch break.

13. Salvy

Salvy Member

His point is that Xbox is capable of 1080P 60 fps..... You are like the PS police man, nobody can post anything that gives the slightest hint that Xbox is outdoing PS in anything because here you come with panties all wet ready to throw down.... Chill man..... We all know you have both consoles but everything you say is still like your opinion...... Ill take off my Microsoft hat when you take off you Playstation Goggles...

[​IMG]

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Again, I put my money where my mouth is. I own both.
    When you own one of them you can start talking to me about goggles. Until then your opinion is about as valuable as your posts; that is to say it isn't.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AOOWF2t6Imk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Gonna wait for Call of Duty: Ancient Warfare

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's time dust off my headphones. It's been a while since I went troll ape**** live.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'd buy that one. Spears and arrows b****es, leggo.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gonna wait for Call of Duty : Awaiting Welfare

1 person likes this.
  20. Cranberry_Juice

Basically, he is saying you are poor bc you can't afford both consoles. Also, it means you are not on his level. At least that's my interpretation. :cool: