1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call of Duty 2014: Advanced Warfare?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Faos, May 1, 2014.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

The game play trailer is out. Starring Kevin Spacey.

@charlieINTEL

BREAKING NEWS: (9) LEAKED IMAGES and TRAILER from "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" http://bit.ly/1pV0zul

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I hope this us futuristic stuff. I'm tired of killing insurgents

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It's silly when people talk about cod being a bad franchise.

The impact that cod2 and cod4 had on console gaming (xbox live) alone makes it one of the best franchises of all time.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree...I think it is about time they go retro with the series. It would be fresh and new at this point.

5. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yeah screenshots were def misleading for the graphics of the game but doesn't look bad. Kevin Spacey fan so it somewhat has my interest

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Will there be parkour?

7. AFS

AFS Member

Agreed. And COD is the only FPS franchise that has a real competitive scene on consoles at the moment.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Fify. Popularity != Best.

I've never seen a video game be such a big draw to douchebags and assholes before. I'm not even talking about online either. I'll never go to another launch event for a Cod game after MW3.

#28 seclusion, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  9. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

Its not Treyarch? so i have to wait another year to be able to kill me some Zombies in CoD :mad:

#29 lue03, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Cool concept though.

DD

11. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8RMP8kjksH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Looks a lot better than the recent offerings from the COD offerings -- hopefully it will have a decent single player campaign.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Mm no. Regardless of anyone's opinions on fan base and how every cod game is repeated over and over again, the contributions of cod2/cod4 to console gaming are gigantic.

Most every fps made primarily for console gaming is based off those two games now. And it's been like that for quite some time.

They (along with halo) had the same effect for fps console gaming as counter strike and unreal tournament did for PC fps gaming.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

And? You're talking about 2 games, one of which is 6 games back in the franchise and the other which is 8.

Let me repeat that again for you. There's been 6 call of duty games since the original modern warfare, this will be #7.

Mw is hands down one of the top 5 fps I've ever played. These current games are not that game. If that's what you're holding on to I don't know what to say to you.

Also just because fps games are copying their formula doesn't make it a good thing...

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cod...

16. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

The WW2 Call of Duty games were based on Medal of Honor series. The first COD was even codenamed "Medal of Honor killer". COD2 was great, but Modern Warfare stands as the only breakthrough title in the series.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Actually looks pretty damn good.

Will buy.

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The comment was about the franchise. Those two games are the staple games of the franchise and really brought console fps games into the limelight.

Not that hard to comprehend.

Those two games alone make the cod franchise one of the most successful of all time. You can agree to disagree.

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I used to play both Medal of Honor and socom back in the day. The tom Clancy ones too. Rainbow six was it?

None of those games had the impact cod2 did. Especially when it came to online console gaming.

20. vator

vator Contributing Member

So who's getting it?