1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call me a conspiracy theorist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Visagial, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

but the result of this game was utterly predetermined. What I saw was not great defense, but an abundance of fouling and non-calls. That's what the Jazz do and this was clearly their strategy in this game. I couldn't count the number of times Tracey was body checked going to the rim and there was no call. It was ridiculous. I won't even discuss Yao underneath. The refs started calling fouls for the Rockets only after the outcome was irreversible to make the game calling seem more even. How many times have we seen this?

There's a reason a majority of those polled always answer that they think the NBA is rigged. I think there was obviously an agenda to extend this series.

2. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

It is all those Houston oil companies with tickets to game 5.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

we got calls in game 2 man...

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

i just get annoyed of stupid whiners like Harpring, he fking tackles people then runs around crying when he gets a foul called or doesnt get a foul on him. Sometimes I think someones giving the refs a little extra, but eh that loss was totally on us.

5. Sextuple Double

No, the game was called fairly. The refs missed some here and there as usual, but the reason we lost is because only 4 people scored.

6. yo

yo Contributing Member

Make it stop... make it stoooop

7. Visagial

Not saying we didn't get the benefit of calls in game 2, but that doesn't make what happened tonight fair.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Look, the home team is going to get more calls... unless the visiting team has a player like DWade or Micheal Jordan. It's just the nature of the system, part of why there's so much home court advantage in the playoffs. The Rockets need to deal with it.

9. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

well, i kinda expected the jazz to get the calls, but i thought the game was officiated well

10. crums17

crums17 Contributing Member

I'll bet if we were to take a poll right now, the majority of those polled would call you a liar.

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It was fairly officiated.

12. Visagial

Right, don't know if its true or not. I probably read it from Bill Simmons.

13. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

The refs don't need to fix the game when only 4 Rockets can score.

14. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I think the calls were pretty fair. Well, there were some really stupid calls, but overall, a lot better job by the refs than I expected.

15. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I thought the refs did a terrible job tonight. In general, the calls were way too tight in the first half causing too many stoppages in play and way too loose in the second half reducing offense to nothing.

Yao was mugged quite a few times by Okur in the 3rd especially. There was A LOT of holding going on under the basket. If it were called straight Okur would have fouled out early. Playing defense on Yao is a lot easier when Okur was playing football and Yao was playing basketball. On the other hand, Yao should have landed some elbows in Okur's chest to offset his aggressiveness in the second half. Yao was in a tough spot, but didn't help himself a lot.

I'm not quite as sure about McGrady. They played him tough, but I didn't think the officiating went one way or the other on him.

To the refs credit, I counted what I thought to be 5 flops by the Jazz in the 3rd quarter and the refs only fell for one or two of them. One by Harpring near the beginning of the 3rd was the most blatant flop I have ever witnessed in the NBA. Harpring ran into Yao while he was standing motionless and threw himself like a collision occured. No call.

My take on the officiating overall... the Rockets sucked so bad that it is hard to complain about the refs.

16. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

This team still has to play basketball regardless of your suspicions. We have home court and we have had some calls go our way in our two games. Suck it up and move on this series isn't worth getting all bent out of shape over something like that. We had EVERY opportunity in the world to hit our shots and get back in this game but it didn’t work out that way. Give Utah’s defense some credit too. They played the game of the season defensively simply because they had too.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I sort of see signs of this, but as others have mentioned......good teams will find a way to regroup, correct previous shortcomings and win the series. It's time to see if the roxs can do this.

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

There were no rigs in this game. The Rockets just didn't drink their Gatorades hence the lackadaisical display.

19. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Ok, I'm calling you a conspiracy theorist....

20. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

there is some truth to that...for every extra game that is played in a serious, the NBA and tv networks profit MILLIONS of dollars....i'm sure that is a message that is relayed to the refs in some sort of way...i'm sure they don't tell the refs to rig the game but they make it a point to help the losing team out and extend the series...that is obvious.....
    but sometimes the other teams suck so bad they can' t cheat that bad..ie.e..orlando vs detroit..or cavs vs wizards...