1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Call McGrady's Bluff.. Trade and re-sign.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by franchise?..NOT, Dec 18, 2009.

1. franchise?..NOT

Tracy may end up being able to get some decent players into a Rockets uniform by trading him. David Lee and/or Al Jefferson, Bayless, Camby for this year and our playoff run and keepers for the future...lot's of possibilities not to mention adding draft picks.

Then he gets a chance to put his money where his mouth is by signing (or sign and trade) with Houston in 2010 for a smaller salary (and a lengthy contract?) if he proves to be healthy and productive.

Win/win for everyone. He gets to play himself into shape and come back to a stocked Rox team for years of playoffs.

That would be the ideal trade scenario for us IMO.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Because David Lee and Al Jefferson are on the trading block :rolleyes:

And yes, test McGrady's loyalty by jettisoning him to a low-rung team like the Knicks or the Wolves and then testing his UNRESTRICTED free agency loyalty by telling him, "We traded you but since we know you LOVE us SO much you will DEFINITELY come back for peanuts instead of going to another star-studded team to get a ring"

3. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Rule #1

When he's gone, he's gone.

4. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

This ain't no party. This ain't no disco.

5. HookemHorns1250

I think the whole idea of him "Resigning" with us, would be thrown out the window if we were to trade him. I believe he's saying that if we kept him instead of trading that he would like to resign with us. If we did trade him, I wouldn't have a problem at all with him signing elsewhere.

6. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Useless thread

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This is a great idea.

Let's trade McGrady right now in a three way deal; we get back Bosh, Bargnani and 2 future first rounders from Toronto and Kevin Durant and Jeff Green from the Thunder.

Toronto gets McGrady and Andersen
    Thunder gets DeRozan and Cook and Hayes.

That sounds r3ally fair 4 all.

8. thething

thething Contributing Member

This idea happened with Steve Francis. It's too bad that didn't work out.

I do believe Mcgrady has a better chance of becoming an impact player again than Steve did.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Not exactly.

10. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

I believe the poster's heart is in the right place, but he/she did not express it correctly.

If the Rockets do the trade right, they could be under the cap far enough where if Tracey wanted to come back at a lower contract (say 8/10 mil per) then he could.

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

We don't need David Lee or Jefferson. The Rockets are set at PF. It's their strongest position. They need to address areas of weakness, not strength.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

That would be an interesting scenario... Probably not too likely, though. I wonder if it would be within league rules for management to tell him that that's what their plan is. Obviously they can't get him to sign anything agreeing to that, but I wonder if they could just tell him that so he had no ill feelings towards the team and still wanted to re-sign with us in the off-season.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Jefferson could play center pretty well.

... Anyways, I'm probably being an idiot by going along with this idea.