1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[California] We are screwed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketManJosh, Feb 13, 2009.

1. SunsRocketsfan

dont want to say it .. but sadly to say one of the main problems for california is the number of immigrants from south of the border.. they all want bigger govt and the govt to take care of them and be on welfare.. while they are at home collecting welfare they have more kids.. these kids turn out just like their parents and they have more kids and thats why hte voting populating is all people who just want a govt hand out.. while the few that work hard get ****ed in taxes..

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody is saying that coming here illegally is right. But coming here illegally doesn't mean that person deserves to die.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That state is so stupid.

Seriously, who is with me?

4. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

True. However, if found to be here illegally they do deserve to be put on the first bus back home.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Sorry to say it, but you don't know what you are talking about. All the immigrants from south of the border want to be on welfare? I have a hard time believing you have spent any time in an immigrant community from south of the border. I work in that community nearly every day.

I have no idea where you are getting your ideas from, but it isn't from reality.

6. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

All americans are illegally here, if Im not mistaken. Didnt we take this land away from the native americans and mexicans? I guess all the non-native americans and non-hispanics types should go back where they came from if you really want to be technical about it.

7. SunsRocketsfan

well look at the census data and statistics. most people taking advantage of govt assistance programs are mostly mexicans/latinos or african american. cant deny that....

8. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

I would think they wouldnt be illegal mexicans. I know a few personally, and they dont know a lick about government assistance or the help they could recieve. Hell they dont even go to the hospital when there is something wrong with them in fear of being deported. I mean someone would have to explain to them how to do these things. I dont doubt legal mexicans and latinos do it cause they have barely have enough education or more to pull this off. I know of about 5-6 people, caucasian who are currently abusing the system. Mostly white women, pregnant, getting assistance from various programs while their husbands work, recieve large sums of money under the table and dont report it to the IRS or the proper authorities. Cause if Im not mistaken you there are restrictions about how much help you get based on your income, no? These are my personal experiences. I dont know ANY hispanic, legal or not, that abuse the system. Though not to say there isnt out there.

9. Refman

This is the most tired and romanticized notion that ALWAYS gets thrown out there when immigration comes up.

At some point in the history of our nation, our duly elected Congress enacted laws regarding immigration. Those who enter the country without complying have immigrated illegally. Hence the term "illegal immigration."

When the colonists came over from England, they were not here illegally. There was no government or system of laws that applied to the entire land. So your argument further fails.

To talk about the colonists as a reason to completely ignore or somehow invalidate the entire body of laws regarding immigration is absurd. To carry that logic to its natural end, since our government is not legitimate (since all were here illegally), none of our laws should be effective.

10. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

Say what you will. Its the truth as far as Im concerned. Btw, there was a system of law/government here. Just not something that was complicated as something England had at the time. Tribal government/laws and what not. I guess its alright though, to find a place that doesnt have any law or governement, take over the land, and kill off practically all of its inhabitants and use all its natural resources.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The majority of people who take advantage of govt. assistance and welfare are elderly. Most of the money from these programs goes towards health care.

Also simply being on welfare assistance doesn't mean laziness or cheating the system. There are those(majority) that are on it legitimately.

Furthermore it has been shown that for every dollar spent on welfare programs like food stamps more than a dollar goes back into the economy. so economically it's a good investment.

12. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Who said they deserve to die? I said that we should not make it any easier for them to come and break our laws. If that water is not out there, most do not try it or they bring their own water (which makes it more difficult). The government is just inviting them to break our laws. Again, I don't blame the individual trying to make their life better. I blame the government for blatantly allowing it.

Illegal immigration is only one of a small problem in CA. The current government is the real problem.

13. Mummywrap

Mummywrap Member

The "break our laws" is so tired. On the way to work, I would say 95% of us "break our laws" by speeding etc... We don't even respect our own laws.

I like oranges, they are juicy and taste good. I'm not ready to pay 5.00 for one.

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

If you want to be technical about it America won the land from the Indians fair and square because of the rights of conquest. :rolleyes:

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

They were still coming before the water was put out there. It wasn't a deterrent.

I blame the govt. as well. The whole immigration policy needs a drastic overhall. The process is just too over complicated right now. It should be easier for people willing to work hard to immigrate legally.

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

So you support sweat shops too?

17. Refman

I am saying these little things called facts. You should try it sometime. It's breathtaking.

What a strange little world you live in.

If it makes you feel better to think so..go ahead. It wasn't the wild frontier for no reason. If you were not a member of the tribe, you were exempt from tribal law. This means you could do whatever you wanted. It isn't really government if a portion of the population doesn't have to answer to it.

Honestly...pick up a history book. Until lands were settled and governments established, the history of the world was about conquest and takeover. What happened here wasn't unique and is far from an acceptable premise upon which to base the invalidation of governments all over the world.

Nice try though.

18. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

Talk about striking a cord. You seem to be really annoyed at the fact, that I have an opinion. No matter. We differ. We arent the first, nor the last. Admittingly, I was frustrated earlier, due to the fact, when things are going bad, people seem to want to blame the wrong person, place or thing. (I mistakenly saw it as accepted racist. Much like after the incident of 9/11 and the people and ethnicities involved.) Like for instance jumping the gun with illegal immigrants. For whatever reason. The facts are they bring in far more then what they spend and "steal" from our country. But thats a whole different topic of discussion. The problem here is government. It doesnt work. They should fix it. End of story.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The "facts" should include they often send back the money to their families in mexico.

20. Toneh83

Toneh83 Member

And this is bad why? Legal hispanics send money to their families back in Mexico. If a legal citizen could send money to a foreign relative for whatever reason, why couldnt the illegal immigrant do it? He earned it. As far as working for his money is concerned. I could see the problem if it was government assistance or somethign similiar.