1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

California school teaching kids ‘Allah is the one true god' forcing them to pray towards Mecca

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Apr 23, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The Christian God is equitable to a mob boss who creates the conditions for damnation, and then tells you that there is a way out through extortion.

Mob boss:"My boys will do horrible things to you, and I'll just stand here watching. However, pay me a fee and I'll make sure they don't touch you."

Christian God: "I've created you to be sinful thus requiring me through my own rules I've made up to condemn you to hell. But, believe in me without any credible evidence, and that fate of yours will not be met. Instead you will be rewarded."

2. Remii

Remii Member

I think you're right about education on religion... And people should start their research with ancient people like the Egyptians so they can have a better idea on if the religion they're worshipping is real or fake.

3. mogrod

mogrod Member

I can't speak to Islam or any other religion or faith. But God forgives EVERYONE. Jesus spent quality time with tax collectors and prostitutes, the most vile people of that time. He didn't discriminate based on who you are or what you've done. He accepts you as you are. Heck, Paul the Apostle KILLED many followers of Jesus early on but God completely transformed him into an important figure in Christianity who wrote half of the New Testament. How is that not tolerance?

God forgives us all and He asks that we live our life to do the same of others. He asks that we try to walk in love. It's not an easy task but, guess what? He forgives us and loves us regardless. The Bible is a love story from God to ALL of humanity, not a book of laws and discrimination.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

So what happens to humans who ask for some more evidence of the Bible's claims... aka atheists?

5. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Member

Eternal hellfire and damnation.

But I'm good with that.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

You can't hope to know the mind of the mob boss like a Soprano or Corleone - it works in ways you can't understand.

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Not sure this is very accurate -- seems outlandish...but

I think it would be beneficial to have a basic history course on the major religions. Not a dedicated course, but a few lessons on each -- Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism. Don't teach the controversial stuff, just give them the basic facts and clear up some misconceptions. Perhaps allow the Muslim students to give presentations on their faith, and Christians, and Jews, etc.

Maybe this would clear up some of the unfounded anxiety and fear of others.

8. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's a good thing I'm not a public school teacher, or I'd be making the kids read Epictetus and Bernard Stiegler.

9. dback816

dback816 Member

I don't see how a vengeful old man in the sky would fit anyone's narrative.

Unless you're already crazy to begin with.

10. bnb

bnb Member

I too, am intrigued by the staging your own jihad requirement.

And Crusades Week must be a hoot.

I wonder if there's a surprise quiz on the Spanish Inquisition. Would anyone expect that?

2 people like this.
  11. mogrod

mogrod Member

Na, none taken man. If that's the case then it seems most people on this planet are lacking a LOT of common sense. Lol!

That goes for all religions and it's really really sad. But you can say the same for a lot of things... race, politics, and so on. There are people who will use anything as excuses to acquire personal gain and/or harm others.

But, I'm not talking about religion. Religion is rules and structure to adhere to. Religion discriminates and divides. Religion is LAW. I'm talking about grace. I'm talking about faith.

Ever since I gave my life to the Lord, I've never experienced more joy, peace and freedom. I was always looking to find happiness in so many other things and I was always miserable inside. I felt enslaved. I felt empty. But, because of Gods grace, I broke an addiction I've had for 20+ years. Just stopped cold turkey. I've grown in SO many ways and I've seen Him work in my life. I'm happier and I'm healthier. I certainly don't feel ruled over, no one is ordering my steps or telling me what to do or how to act. I feel more free than ever.

#51 mogrod, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  12. Remii

Remii Member

If you research beyond the bible you might find that Jesus is the Sun... S-U-N and not S-O-N.

Watch "Jesus is the SUN not SON" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/nYMwH8Z_0Sg

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

This is interesting discussion but maybe this would be better in another thread since the original topic of this one has been debunked.

15. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

The OP was discredited multiple times on the first page, yet the thread reaches page 3. Never change, Clutchfans.

16. mogrod

mogrod Member

OK, I watched the whole video with an open mind. But, there are hundreds of stories chronicled in the Bible and in Greek and Roman literature that would counter his argument, which came from isolating just a couple of points of scripture. Which most people do anyway, gloss over certain "big stories" of the Bible (Adam & Eve, Moses, The Arch, Jesus) and form a whole opinion without reading all the stories that connect the dots or the real meaning behind them.

But, we'll have to agree to disagree. My intention wasn't to preach or argue, or to even make me right. People will believe or not believe what they will, just like me, and that's cool.

My only point was that I hate that there are so many negative opinions on Christianity based on misconceptions. And maybe that's rightfully so. Like I said, there are too many people who have used their religion (especially Christianity and the Bible) to judge and discriminate others, or worse. It's terrible. True Christianity, and what the Bible preaches, is giving you the shirt off my back if you needed it no matter who you are... Islamic, atheist or otherwise; NOT telling you you are not worth it because you are different or didn't earn it. Watch a sermon online by Joyce Meyers or Joseph Prince, they are really good at explaining it all (MUCH better than I ever could). But, there's no judgement, rules or damnation being preached. It's about having joy and peace and accepting the love God has for you no matter what you've done or who you are.

But, I used to have the same views on religion, Christianity and the "angry man in the sky" too and it was because of many of the same misconceptions and experiences. So, I get it. But, I'm a man of God now, I'm so blessed and couldn't be happier.

17. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Member

I watched this too. Interesting theories.

Did you also know that 20 dollar bill predicted the 9/11 attacks?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vTl7EHeRkl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

but thats not all!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uS80EpfVmWs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My point is that the doubters and the naysayers are going to find ways to interpret just about anything in a million ways. It doesn't mean that the way people of particular religious beliefs are always completely accurate in their interpretation, but but they have built their beliefs around that interpretation. In a religion as large as Christianity, Buddhism, or Islam, those beliefs are generally accepted because of their faith.

Then you have Remii(and the Remii's of the world) who seems to be building a pretty good track record of taking isolated incidents and building a train of thought and beliefs, throwing doubt and pessimistic views out every chance he gets.

And then you have these guys...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x6OfQ8M3Eyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So in the end, beleieve what you feel is right for you. Most enlightened people are open minded and are willing to entertain new ideas....but you do find those that are extremists in the beleiefs, no matter what they may be.

For them, God gave us the ignore button.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

That's the way many churches have evolved into being but that isn't the way the bible says it.

In the bible when Jesus is on the cross the thief on the cross next to him asks Jesus to remember him to the father. Jesus says that when Jesus gets to heaven that thief will already be there. So in that instance asking Jesus to remember yourself to God the father will get you saved.

In other parts of the bible Jesus tells followers that if they forgive others they will get to heaven. So in that instance forgiving others is the way to make it.

There are other parts of the bible where Jesus announces that people who gave away their riches have earned heaven, or people that exemplified faith will make it to heaven, and even an instance where the bible states that women can make it to heaven because of child birth.

So the bible and Jesus have a slightly different idea about what gets someone to heaven than just the one and only way of saying the "magic words" prayer.

But more importantly than that is that Jesus doesn't really tell his followers during his life to say that prayer. When Jesus teaches them how to pray he mentions that it should be done on earth as it is in heaven. The emphasis isn't on the afterlife, but on trying to create heaven here on earth during the people's lifetime.

19. Major

Major Member

That's generally a principle of Protestantism, but not necessarily Catholicism, at least with Pope Francis. He has specifically pushed the opposite view - that atheists can go to heaven.

20. bnb

bnb Member

strangely....that might be their hell.