1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

California school teaching kids ‘Allah is the one true god' forcing them to pray towards Mecca

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Hell to the no...

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I went to a private school, so no. We did cover religions in history, but even in private school I have to say in retrospect that the coverage wasn't great. I've learned a lot since then on my own that I wish they taught in school. But from conversations I've had, I don't think other people's experiences in public school was any better than my private school education in this area. The education is just really shallow -- the 5 pillars of Islam, maybe a thumb-nail sketch of how the Shi'a/Sunni split started. But nothing very deep on doctrine. Good luck to anyone trying to understand why we have jihadis running suicide terrorist attacks with that background alone.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Cool thread.

Would give the OP about a 13/33

4. Dubious

Dubious Member

Did your Gramma forward you this story?

5. thumbs

thumbs Member

Easy solution if true ... with the exception of expressly stated elective courses in comparative religion, each child in a public school setting that is subjected to religious teaching -- whether Christian, Muslim, Hindu or whatever -- the school district shall pay the child's parents $10,000 restitution, $5,000 by the offending school district and $5,000 by the participating teacher or teachers.

The fortuitous byproduct would be a thorough daily examination of their child's schoolwork. :)

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

So what? I don't know anything about astrology and I don't think my life would be enhanced if I did.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe people actually believe this propaganda. If a public school actually made students pray to mecca not only would it be national news, it would result in severe repercussions for the violation of church and state.

This is the stuff that gives conservatives bad names. It's like someone is having a laugh and messing with the ATW's of the world.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Pretty much says all there is to know about this story

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

This is exactly the bull**** that I see posted 20 times a day in my Facebook news feed from 'Facebook political activists'. Let's just say that fact checking is not a part of their 'activism'.

99% of American Christian's claiming persecution stems from:
    a. Being upset they cannot discriminate based on their religious doctrine
    b. Upset that their religion isn't in the limelight of public education.

You right wing posters can reflect and ask yourselves if American Christian persecution is a notion worth propagating.

#29 fchowd0311, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  10. mogrod

mogrod Member

It's sad when there are so many fake Christians who give Christianity such a bad rep like this.

Unfortunately there are many "Christians" who push away and discriminate those who are and believe differently than them. To them, it's a religion and He is MY God. Of course, many tend to be very bitter or angry people who act completely opposite of what the Bible preaches.

True Christians believe in "come as you are", we are all brothers and sisters no matter who you are, what you've done or what you believe. Christianity is faith and we are blessed to be blessings to others. He is OUR God, OUR father. You don't have to earn His grace. It's a foundation of LOVE and PEACE.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I think your life would be enhanced by more education on the religious beliefs of others. I also believe more education on astrology would be beneficial to you. Basically, I think more education on any subject is beneficial to you. It just so happens that religion is probably the most glaring hole for Americans, given how big a part of the human experience/culture/history it is and how little attention we pay it.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The very core nature of Islam and Christianity entails hatred for those who do not follow the higher being's objective morality. How can we expect mere humans to be tolerant of others who do not adhere to God's will if God himself is not tolerant of them. Let's be clear. He isn't. Unless you believe eternal hell is 'tolerance'. If God can't forgive them, then how can a infinitly less powerful entity such as humans be asked to do as such?

In essence: "My God believes you are going to hell... Why should I like you?". All the Abrahamic faiths accomplish is create division and a "I'm better than you" attitude.

Luckily, many Christians AND Muslims have serious cognitive dissonance issues and play mental gymnastics between their faiths and their predisposed empathy of other humans, ignoring these intrinsic notions of their faith.

#32 fchowd0311, Apr 24, 2015
  13. Major

Major Member

Except the basic foundation of Christianity is that everyone falls short of God's will and that he's OK with that and it specifically DOESN'T send you to "hell".

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

^This is what I refer to by 'mental gymnastics'.

Homosexual atheists... are they going to heaven?

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad many Christians invoke their human empathy and come up with these weird mental gymnastics that contradict the very intolerant nature of the Abrahamic God.

15. Major

Major Member

The "homosexual" part is not relevant - the answer would be "yes" for that based on the text. Same for murderers, adulterers, etc. The "atheist" part would depend. For Catholics, the answer could still be yes. For Protestants, generally the answer would be no.

But that's a completely different argument than what you originally claimed about tolerance. You're now doing verbal gymnastics.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams...

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought accepting Jesus as your lord and savior and accepting that Jesus died for your sins is the sole criterion for being accepted into heaven or 'be with God' in the afterlife. Which would mean an atheist, who doesn't believe in the notion of a savior Jesus, would be condemned to hell.

Hence, intolerance just because of a human's desire for some more credible evidence.

#37 fchowd0311, Apr 24, 2015
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

It's also that he's an ******* who curses people from the moment they were born with original sin - basically you're a piece of **** sinner right out of the gate, born with a hellbound stain upon you.

What a bunch of objectively ridiculous nonsense, it makes me angry now to reflect that as a child I was indoctrinated with this stupidity for years.

19. Remii

Remii Member

No offense to you... But love and peace is common sense. And people (not referring to you) use these religions as excuses to commit evil upon others for their own personal gain.

The basic foundation of Christianity and other religions is spiritually enslaving people to make them easier to rule.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. People will believe anything as long as it fits their personal narrative.