1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

California passes more progressive legislation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by B@ffled, Aug 31, 2020.

1. adoo

adoo Member

a convenient cop-out by the baffled one,
    who gave more than 3 poops to that tweet to use it to start a thread

Reeko likes this.
  2. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

You've got the gist right. However, this sex offender registry law only applies to minor victims 14 and older. Having sex with anyone younger is considered to be sex with a child which is a felony that carries much harsher penalty.

jiggyfly and malakas like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

This is close - but it only applies to 14-17 yr olds. So the 10 year old example would still require being put on the registry.

It's essentially there to protect the 18yr old who has consentual sex with a 17yr old from being branded a sex offender for life. The only thing this law does is change the definition of sex to include, essentially, LBGQT sex.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

@B@ffled takes another beat down. #fringe

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wasn't Luke Scott a pretty hard core ultra right s***head, too?

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm gonna pick myself up, dust myself off and get back in the ring, knowing you're enjoying every second of it...lol.

Invisible Fan, malakas and CometsWin like this.
  7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking for something that addressed the age bracket.

Get your **** right, OP!!

juicystream likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

In 2010, during the dispute regarding President Obama's birth certificate, Scott said that Obama was not born in the United States. Scott added: "I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go – within 10 minutes – to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, 'See? Look! Here it is. Here it is.' The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something."

leroy likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I appreciate your sense of humor. Unfortunately, there are literally millions of Trump supporters that are influenced by the likes of Aubrey Huff and it's a disservice to our country.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Serious question, because you are far from alone in this and seen to take getting corrected reasonably well, why do you post things without checking them out first? In my opinion it is far and away the worst thing that folks do on social media - posting things they see that advance their agenda with no fact checking.

ElPigto and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'll take it a step further and say that Twitter and social media are doing a disservice. That being said, I'll check twitter in about 15min when I grab a sandwich.

CometsWin likes this.
  12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

In the case of this: I was watching the Rockets last night and scrolling through twitter. I'll probably impose a 'no thread starting' sanction against myself and eventually let myself off after a while if I comply with the terms of my self imposed probation. Eating crow gets old and taste like ****.

13. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

This thread piqued my interest in what Texas' law was like.

Texas does have Romeo and Juliet law in which couples who are less than 3 years apart would not be required to register as a sex offender. However, this protection only extends to heterosexual couples.

So a 18 y/o and 16 y/o gay couple would mean the 18 y/o have to register has a sex offender. Also, two 16 y/o gay couple would mean that they're both sexually assaulting the other person.

Another fun fact is that oral and anal intercourse is considered to be a 'deviate sexual intercourse' which is a class C misdemeanor if performed by two people of the same sex. It's perfectly legal if it's a man and a woman doing the oral and anal though.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Who was the racist player that pursued a career in country music? I believe he played at Wolfies with @Roscoe Arbuckle

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Pedos are boilin' the frog. Don't give them a damn inch. Disgusting!

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm curious as to why anyone would follow Aubrey Huff.
    Guy is a very angry, embittered moron, sad to say. The evidence is overwhelming. Maybe he got beaned one too many times? (seriously)

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Probably because his name sounds like a female p*rn star's name

Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Major

Major Member

So the bigger problem here is that you literally read a tweet by someone who you know nothing about, took it as absolute fact, and then thought it was a good idea to come here to post about it, and claim that "the Hollywood pedo lobby must be strong."

I assume you can see why, given that this is your standard of evidence, no one should ever believe anything you post or have any reason to believe what you write is remotely accurate or defensible. What reason does anyone here have to take anything you write seriously?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Don't be so hard on him... he's just asking Questions and trying to learn -- his only agenda is understanding facts and logic as presented on internet.

joshuaao, jiggyfly and CometsWin like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Or an old black man.

jiggyfly likes this.