1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

California Middle Class Disappearing Faster Than Polar Bears

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Dec 9, 2011.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it sucks out here in CA... I mean today I had to wear shorts in December AGAIN..

Being able to ski and surf in the same day is the pits.

I hate having to leave my door unlocked and all the sand from the beach getting in everything sure is a nightmare.

Heck back when I lived in SW houston and was greeted with the constable pulling people over for nothing while people were selling crack right in front of him, definitely made me feel safer. I sure do miss the sound of helicopters flying over and all the convenience stores with bullet proof glass.

I sure do miss 100% humidity and spending triple on gas because I had to drive everywhere in Houston.

Also it sucks to not be in a flat place. I mean flat as the eye can see that's so much better.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I still don't understant things like this. Why is everyone standing around and watching and taking notes rather than feeding the bears?

4. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

5. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Are you serious? Firstly, do you know how many people starve to death in 10 seconds? Secondly, many species go extinct if they can't adapt to their environment, polar bears will have to deal with it just like the others. Thirdly, once you feed a hungry animal it becomes dependent, associates food with humans, and also disturbs the balance within the environment.

6. esteban

esteban Member

My sister who lives in Cali is a very frugal person, she makes well over 6 figures and at the end of the month gets to keep very little of her earnings. When she ran through a list of taxes that she has to pay, it truly boggles the mind. Why do you think people with money are leaving that state ?

I don't know about you all but if I work really hard for my money and the government takes it away from me, I have a serious problem with that!

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

AFTER READING THIS ANECTDOTE - MY MIND IS TRULY BOGGLED.

IN FACT IF YOU CRACKED OPEN MY SKULL IT WOULD LOOK LIKE THE INSIDE OF A BOGGLE GAME, BUT WITH ALL OF THE LITTLE LETTER CUBES SHAKING AND STUFF.

C.S.,B. TO THE MAXIMUM! U NEED TO GET UR SIS OVER TEH BERLIN WALL THAT SEPARATES CALI FROM NEVADA

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They aren't.

Sorry about your sister being bummed about her taxes.

9. esteban

esteban Member

LOL!!!!!!!

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Good post.

Hilarious.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

hilarious yet unbelievably true.

Californians are leaving in droves, however.

California demographic shift: More people leaving than moving in

12. Nook

Nook Member

Lived in California a few years ago... Very expensive state and very difficult to live in. A lot of garbage and pollution.. Certainly had the feeling of social decay and little sense of community

The taxes and regulations are insane, but many of the issues are not because of the government. Illegal immigration is a major problem, as well as wealthy folks leaving and business is leaving.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

they need to get rid of that god-awful referendum procedure.

14. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what referendum procedure is that?

oh and it turns out I have been living in poverty the whole time I've been living here while being able to save money in the process.

if you cant afford an expensive home, you shouldn't have bought one.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

the ballot propositions.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The procedure that everything must be voted on in a referendum and it has to include a plausible plan to pay for it.

Some of the plans end up being unrealistic and don't actually fund what they're supposed to or end up leaving other things underfunded.