1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

calderon desires starting job

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coldsweat, May 9, 2008.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

You guys probably didn't realize how many supporters Ford has in Toronto. He is the starting pg there for years and has a lot of fans there, even including some coach staff. In fact, some of them want to keep Ford rather than Calderon. All they expect now is trading Calderon for a good wing!

2. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

We have no chance at Calderon. Ford, maybe, because he is way overpriced. I personally would rather we spend our expirings on a swingman to spell McGrady.

3. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If the rockets can trade Battier for Calderon, it will be a done deal!

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

DM won't do it even if the Raptors are willing to do so.

5. LoveRoxHateJazz

Sorry to hijack this thread, but can someone start this thread for me?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...gets_will_listen_to_trade_offers_for_carmelo/

Denver will listen to offers for Carmelo.

And I think Calderon would make a great addition to the Rockets.

6. ibm

ibm Member

i love battier. really do. but if (a big if) he can fetch us calderon, then by all means morey should do it. pg is the hardest position to fill outside of center. we can worry about the starting 3 later.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL. IF........Battier gets us Calderon........we could start a bidding war between Toronto and Portland for Battier.

8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

To add to your point, if we get Calderon for Battier and fillers, then we can concentrate even more on the deep swingman talent pool through free agency.

Maggette/Artest/Pietrus/Barnes/JR Smith/etc.

9. sook

sook Rookie

It'll never happen that would be the biggest robbery of our decade, the grizzlies Gm already sold his soul on to satan but the GM of toronto too....hope he does :cool:

10. McYao

McYao Member

Biggest Robbery??? Battier for calderon doesn't sound like we are robbing anyone... WE are giving up a very solid piece who many championship contenders would love to have. You don't think popovich would love battier??? GM's around the league are in love with battier... Recognize!!

11. dafranchise0309

Calderon>Alston>Ford

12. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

calderon wouldn't make much of a difference up against deron, paul and parker where it really matters. i'd rather keep battier.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

maybe he will go to where dantoni goes.

he can run that offense.

14. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Jose Calderon vs Rafer Alston:
    - lack of speed
    - lack of defense/poor defender.
    - same size
    - better assists numbers BUT Raptors have had much better shooters in last 2 seasons.
    - lower TO
    - much better shooter

I wont switch the two because number-wised will almost break-even. What you gain in offense by Calderon is offset by the lose in defense.

I am also not sure how Calderon will work under Adelman's offense since Sam Mitchell's offense is so simplistic.

Is Calderon a starter material? I would say "marginal". A good backup but a bad starter. Dont let the Sam Mitchell PG magic fool you.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow, are you overstating Rafer's capabilities, he is better on defense, for sure, but is worse than Calderon at everything else, and not by a little bit but by a lot.

Calderon is WAY better than Rafer.

WAY BETTER !

DD

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

LMAO! Talking about my hometwon Craptors. How much do you know about the Craptors?

You guys didnt even know Mike James is crap.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I watched them a fair amount on League pass, just to watch Calderon play, he is a very nice PG.....

Since they are your hometown team, are you saying they would rather keep TJ Ford over Calderon?

Honestly?

DD

18. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

No, they will trade TJ Ford because of Ford's attitude and the two didnt work together well. But I am not a fan of both.

19. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

When you start off by talking about a team by calling them “crap”, it doesn’t really speak well for your ability to criticize the players on the team.

First off, Calderon is light years ahead of Rafer Alston on offense, defensively it’s debatable. Secondly Calderon is 26 and has improved ever year he has been in the league, can’t say that for Alston. Lastly, I don’t think you’ve seen too many Rap games, Calddy has deceptive speed and has consistently shown the ability to get to the rack, can’t says that for Rafer and his tear drop shots.

I doubt anyone on this board will agree with you.........Damn.... Rafer = Calderon, never thought anyone would make that argument.

20. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

chirs bosh fans are delusional. Hey, ask him at least to hit a wide open jumper to win a freaking game. which he missed in game 2.