1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cade/Mobley/Green fits moving forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sydmill, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Kuminga moves and plays like Jeff Green. Not sure why everybody is so high on him

napalm06 likes this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We not trading wall but what I often wonder is will they buy him out in his final year.... cuz we all
    know he picking up that player option

napalm06, Highlyrated and sydmill like this.
  3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Exactly. You draft the one that has the highest potential to become the franchise player.

Highlyrated likes this.
  4. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

so you’re saying he also moves like Jayson Tatum?

Denovo and 18pbr like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The top prospect next year is Emoni Bates, no?

Highlyrated likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Chet will be who the league will have their eyes on in next years draft. Emoni is committed to Michigan st in 2022 after he graduates

D-rock likes this.
  7. sydmill

sydmill Member

Thank You! I am firmly in the BPA camp. For me that is Cade - Mobley - Kuminga - Green (stopping there because: OKC). If the Rockets get #1 and draft Cade then the obvious problem is Wall. Secondarily I wonder about Cade and KPJ's fit with each other but that is waaayyyy behind what to do with Wall. Wall - KPJ - Cade - ??? - Wood

If the pick is #2 and Mobley then do you keep or move Wood? How does adding Mobley impact Olynyk? Wilson? There seem to be fewer difficult questions with Mobley. Wall - KPJ - Tate - Mobley - Wood

#3 - Kuminga. I think picking Kuminga means that a full on rebuild is in order and we can stop pretending to care about Tate or Wood. Trades coming?

#4 - Green. See the issues with Cade. Most are the same with Green (Wall and KPJ).

Again, I pull the trigger for talent over fit every time too. I just am asking how you guys would integrate the new kid into the existing team?

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

It clearly states in part of the post "how you would combine what we have now "

so it isn't actually what some of us are saying because it doesn't matter what the rockets have now and that they should be operating as if they are looking for that 1 guy. Which they absolutely still are

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Look at OP's reply right above yours. He meant how do you use what we have now to fit the team around the new rookie. Lot's of people just saw the title and came in with their best player available torches already lit without even reading the premise of the thread.

sydmill likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why would I look at that post. That's not what yours was referring to. Your post was nobody read the OP which was what I quoted from "how you would combine what we have now"

The bpa logic absolutely applies relative to the rockets current state

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

How would you combine what you have now to cater to the rookie? It's not "what rookie would fit with the team" but rather "how would you build the team around each rookie". The OP says so right there I don't know why you insist on being obstinate.

12. sydmill

sydmill Member

The Rockets are not going to turn over more than half the roster this offseason. So it absolutely matters what is here and what steps are taken to try and mesh the old and the new.

D-rock likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nobody on this roster is untouchable. It doesnt matter what this offseason is. You're not winning in 2022 or anytime soon after that. They'll be a bad team again just like this year. You need to find that first #1 guy whoever that is before anything. So no it doesn't matter

#33 YOLO, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Because that's not what your post referred to. And you just assume nobody read the OP. I clearly posted word by word what was stated in the OP.

15. sydmill

sydmill Member

Okay. So you're in the "nothing matters" camp. Good to know, thanks for playing.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah it's simply called taking the bpa camp because you still need that actual best player who matters. Glad to help. Didn't think it was that difficult of a concept. Obviously a number of folks got it

sydmill likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

Tallish white boi summer?

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

draft Cade or Jalen Green, fire Silas and hire Kenny Atkinson, establish a system of play and prioritize development, get a high pick in next year’s draft, hopefully get the pick right, look into trading Wood if he’s not gonna re-sign or will only re-sign here if offered a crazy deal, and if we’ve hit on these past 2 picks, continue prioritizing development while trying to maintain cap flexibility

I haven’t given much thought past this other than I’m not interested in trying to fast track this rebuild by trading for some pseudo-star to shoot for 8th seeds

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Or Nate McMillan.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member