1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. HardenVolumeOne

yes more harden ball. Would love cade in rockets red

CHAMPBOY and raining threes like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

not too many freshman PG’s showing poise in the PnR and being able to make all the right reads like Cade has shown...I really think Cade would’ve averaged around 7 apg as a 6’8 freshman if he was playing for Gonzaga

Sen89 likes this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

yep its lavine

Corrosion likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

this!

5. bmelo

bmelo Member

the other poster is right but the thing is Cade is 6'8 with wide frame. I really think he has really allstar floor and HOF ceiling. It all depends on his durability and work ethic

6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ayer-comparisons-for-projected-lottery-picks/

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Except Cade is from Dallas.

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

He's good no doubt. I still question fit and ability to excel athletically at the highest level. Luka was a professional for a few years before crossing the pond, beating up amateur NCAA players is cool and part of the process but it doesnt always tell you the full story of how a player will respond to the best talent in the sport. Same for guy who arent even on the radar this year - there will be a couple of gems that go later and some team will reap the rewards of a guy who just has more desire to succeed than a top pick. CAde is hyped up to the max and I have my doubts, but if he gets picked then its time to ship out KPJ and create a more fluid roster moving forward. Redundant pieces is how a franchise stays in decades long "rebuild" or mediocrity.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Still too early to worry about fit, but I think KPJ would better serve as a secondary ballhandler allowing him to focus on scoring more. Besides, isn't the lack of another ballhandler one of the Mavs' glaring weaknesses right now?

11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Jalen Green might have some LaVine in him, but he also has some Malik Monk. I do think he'll be very good, but he's not the can't-miss prospect Cade is.

Nook likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade and KPJr aren’t redundant...Idk why people even think that

Cade can play multiple positions, and we’ve seen time and time again that guys that need the ball in their hands can co-exist, yet people still go on and on about fit

what KPJr needs to do is work on his shooting...he’s a 33% catch and shoot player which isn’t that good, and he’s a bad shooter off the dribble

dmoneybangbang and D-rock like this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Shh, don’t tell anyone

Roc Paint likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I respectfully disagree. Porter's strength is with the ball in his hand, not as a designated "go get it" scorer or secondary ball handler as evidenced by the mishandling in CLE. He FLOURISHED when tasked with becoming an NBA PG in limited time and then to revert him back to playing off ball is not an efficient roster building exercise to promote growth just look how much of a dud he was next to ball dominant John Wall. IMO there has to be clearly defined roles and an effort to minimize overlap in talent otherwise you just keep recycling. Look how GS constructed their "dynasties" .. every man fit their job description to a T

I view Cunningham not as a true point, but a point forward hybrid. He's not going to be losing NBA PGs with his lack of athleticism so he will need to be savvy and clever like Luka who some describe as a "position less" guard. His pre draft bio about being able to defend multiple positions still remains to be tested vs NBA players. It would be cool to see him jump into some of the off season pro am leagues just to start to quell some noise from those who argue fit like myself.

Again I wont cry if Cade lands here, KPJ has raised his stock level enough where RaFell should be able to flip him for a nice profit and then everyone can hope Cade Cunningham can save this franchise.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  15. ReturnOfTheMac

According to Kelly Iko, Houston's top 4 right now is Cade-Mobley-Green-Suggs.

Mr Woods, Amel, jch1911 and 3 others like this.
  16. ReturnOfTheMac

Personally my top 4 is Cade-Green-Suggs-Mobley

raining threes and ApacheWarrior like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

This numb nut is obvious Mavs fan. He has Rockets drafting 2 guards of the 3 FRP.

If Rockets drafting 2nd, Suggs better not be the choice.

Verbal Christ and Lloyd Estacio like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thank GOD!!!

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would love to trade Avery Bradley for a SRP and draft 6'10 point forward Vrenz Bleijenbergh.

Or Scottie Lewis.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Rockets have a history of taking the big in the lottery so theres that

I also think LaVine is too upright/stiff to be compared to Green. Green moves much more fluidly and more explosive first step. He also has better body contortion and control than LaVine. It's more MJ/DRose type of movement than Lavine imo

raining threes and Verbal Christ like this.