1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

When is the lottery pick?????

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Silas and Hornacek love multiple ball handlers and decision makers. We can't go wrong with either Mobley or Cade but I believe Cade will be the quickest to be NBA ready. Mobley has height and handles but I really don't know how his body will hold up against other NBA bigs. I also don't know if he has the frame to build up and if his frame can hold enough weight to play a 5 in the NBA. If we get Mobley I don't think we keep wood.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

June 22nd.

thedude077 likes this.
  4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I think Cade is the real deal, with the first pick you can’t pass on him. It is a guard league his 25ppg has a greater impact than Mobley’s 25ppg.
    We are kind of seeing that right now with 50pts per game coming from the 5 and 4 spots.

saleem likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That and Cade really does have some amazing court vision. I think KPJ needs to focus on what he really is good at and that is scoring. When that kid focuses on scoring he is definitely something special. Cade will allow that.

xtruroyaltyx, jimmyv281 and saleem like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

hold on, wait a minute…

so all this focus and talk about Cade’s lack of athleticism, but he still managed to shoot 69.2% at the rim during his lone college season…

people love to act like unless you’re some explosive athlete with major bounce, u won’t be able to finish at the rim in the NBA

I see the likes of Jrue Holiday playing a very slow and methodical game not using much of his athleticism, yet still shooting 67, 66, 63, and 70% at the rim the past 4 seasons

bmelo, saleem, Deckard and 4 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

the logic is sound. FIT is a real thing especially after the Russ fiasco. You cant just throw together BPA's and hope for the best. need a strategic approach to team building.

Green is like a Ray Allen/Kobe combo to me. scoring machine who can D it up. Mobley is the best defender in the draft IMO. Im OK with any of the top 4, but Green-Mobley are my 1-2.

Green went and played against grown men and professionals in the GLeague while other guys are one and done in college - hate that Greens choice to become a pro will be used against him if upper execs frown on the route he took.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That answers our question @saleem

If that is a true quote by Cade

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

Yes, it does. I hope TF will stop interfering in Stone's job. Stone made one bad move in acquiring Oladipo. He has chosen well with his limitations and has traded for KPJr for only a SRP. I believe his hands were tied by Westbrook. He wanted to retain Harden. Unfortunately, we got stuck with Wall because of Russ's gigantic contract.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  11. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Just found out Cade is from Arlington, Tx. That is a deal breaker for me, we can't be rooting for ppl from that region.

Jalen Green ---> LET'S go.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. saleem

I ran the tankathon simulator. The Bulls got the 1st pick, OKC 2nd, and our Rockets came 3rd. That would be good enough considering that there is no guarantee of retaining a top 4 pick. TF ruined everything by insisting on Westbrook at all cost.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

This is the highest USG% by John Wall (31.7%); but unfortunately one of his lowest Ast% (36.3%).

Next season he will need to take more of a back seat. Cut down his USG% to 25% or lower.
    Increase his Ast%. Work on setting up lobs, hitting cutters, slashers.

Team full of facilitators usually are poor in catch and shoot 3's. As indicated by our poor
    3-pt shooting. This is why I ask for more role players and less ball handling table setters.
    Brooks and Olynyk are the only real 3 point threats. And i don't worry about them much.
    For the most part, I'm hedging my defenders towards packing the paint to try and stop
    drives, cuts, slashes, lobs.

saleem likes this.
  14. ball king23

ball king23 Member

it will get better we will be back in the playoff after we get the number one pick and cade

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hope this is real, but even if it's not I'm going to just pretend it is.

D-rock and BossHogg713 like this.
  16. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Not real, but he is def thinking that in his head..... so it's real enough.

17. jb86

jb86 Member

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

From day one I've felt number 3 pick, but I hope I'm wrong and it's better.

I'm good with Cade or Jalen Green or Suggs or Kuminga.

I will go on record that Mobley will be a bust if we try to play him at center or PF for any
    great stretch of time. I will gladly eat crow if he shows me otherwise.

I was high on Jaren Jackson as the new prototypical NBA center. But he is 245 pounds.
    Has only played 9 games this season. I believe injured often his rookie season 2 years ago.
    But Clutchfans will at least have a better SF than what we got now. Don't look for Mobley
    to average more that 16 or 17 points per game though. Which is what Jaren Jackson gets.
    And injured often, because I see him as soft and weak.

As far as Wall: CP3 extension set up>>>>>Westbrook set up>>>>>>>>Wall

Harden demand to leave set up>>>LeVert/Jarrett Allen set up>>>>Dipo set up>>>>>>picks
    and the wisdom to know the difference.

saleem likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Or Green. They cant go wrong with either the 1st or 2nd picks.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member