1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade, Green, Kuminga, or Suggs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Mar 12, 2021.

?

Who should the Rockets draft?

1. Cade Cunningham - 6’7 PG, 220 lbs, 19 yrs old

414 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. Jalen Green - 6’5 SG, 180 lbs, 19 yrs old

61 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Jonathan Kuminga - 6’8 SF, 210 lbs, 18 yrs old

33 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Jalen Suggs - 6’4 PG, 205 lbs, 19 yrs old

50 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Other

44 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. CXbby

CXbby Member

You mean Cade SHOT more, as the #1 focal point of his team. And still only averaged 2 points per 40 minutes more than Suggs while Suggs was the third option on his team. Meanwhile Cade could not get by a single college defender in his two tournament games, could not create a single uncontested shot against college level athletes, and got his mid range pull up stuffed back in his face by some white dude I don't know the name of.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro do you realize it’s easier to load up on someone when you are the number one option? That’s common sense man. Do you realize the efficiency generally goes up as your usage is lower. It’s pretty clear to me that the dude also can’t create his own shot either. I’m still taking Cade, Green and Mobely over him.

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Here's the problem, Cade as a physical specimen is only an idea. The idea of Cade is this 6'8 dude that can create effortlessly for himself and others, who wouldn't want that! But in reality, time and again we have seen him struggle to get past college level athletes. He is a good shooter and he certainly has skills, he will be a good player, but no where near this can't miss prospect the media has hype him up to be, that's only the idea of Cade Cunningham not the reality.

Richie_Rich, fattz and GotGame15 like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t know who will end up better. But at this point I’ll be delighted to have a top 3 pick.

fattz, joshuaao, awc713 and 3 others like this.
  5. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Suggs below Kuminga and Green is bleh. Funny how underrated he is around here.

#665 yixiixiy, Apr 3, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I’m not sure what you mean by this statement.

GotGame15 likes this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Suggs can be a nice Mike Conley type player. I want a real superstar and that is Green, Mobley, or Cade.

HP3 likes this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

The reality is Cade has lower PER, lower BPM, lower ws/40, lower scoring efficiency, any and every advanced metric he is lower than Suggs, for the entirety of the year. Not one moment. Not one game. But over the course of the entire season. And as just demonstrated also lower big dik shot making ability (he was helpless as his team got bounced).

The only thing Cade has over Suggs is "he scored more ppg" by playing 7 minutes more per game. You gotta be an idiot to ignore everything else and pin your argument on this, which a few idiots here have done.

9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Meant below rather than over

HP3 likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh I agree, we've seen players who look like protoypes go to the NBA and fail. I don't think any of these guys are can't miss perennial all-stars, they all are very good, it's not a bad draft, but it's not the 2003 draft or anything IMO. There's no guy in this draft that jumps out as a generational talent.

I think Cade's hype has always been more that the #1 pick is always hyped. I wouldn't complain if the rockets were to draft him at #1 but I'm saying the same for Suggs. I think people downplay his team success and lack of offense too much when I've always just seen him as that pure PG type that's more into running the team on both ends of the floor and we know these guys...Dwill, Jkidd, CP3, kind of pure PGs usually come into the NBA and help their teams right away. I mean almost instantly these kind of pure PGs change their teams fortune.

EDIT: This isn't to say none of these guys can be perennial stars. Who tf knows in the end. I do really like Suggs game though and I think if we were to get him he'd slip right in and make us a better team even if he's out there averaging 10ppg.

fattz, joshuaao and CXbby like this.
  11. CXbby

CXbby Member

If we draft Cunningham I will certainly root for him and hope that I am wrong. He fits the Rockets positional need the most, but drafting at the top you go for bpa 10/10 and forget about position. Suggs is cp3 in dwill's body, I said that 20 pages ago and idiots on here laughed. He is the ultimate winner and will change the trajectory of your team like you said. If you want ticket sales for a few years go for Cade, if you want Ws go for Suggs. Cade is going to go #1 in this draft because that's just how the nba is, and end up not being the best player in the draft like so many #1s before him.

fattz and JayGoogle like this.
  12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Using college stats to compare is a terrible way of doing it. The two guys situations could not even be remotely similar. Suggs plays in a team that is loaded with other stars and nba prospects. As well as a great coach. Cade plays with scrubs. Huge difference.

HP3 likes this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

Then Cade should be putting up historic numbers, not just 2 points more than Suggs per 40. I don't hold the lower efficiency against Cade due to his teammates, but stuff like BPM, ws/40 measure your contribution to winning, you can still have a great BPM with crappy teammates if you are good.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Steph Curry played on a no name school with crap teammates and put up ws/40 his freshman year that was 50% higher than Cunningham. There are advanced stats that discount for teammates.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The amount of college prospect expertise in this thread is too much to handle.

16. HardenVolumeOne

Not gonna lie when I watched Cade this year. It felt like I was watching a slighter twitchier version grizzlies forward Kyle Anderson

17. HP3

HP3 Member

No one is expecting him to be Steph Curry though, this is ridiculous.
    All these are dependent on ducking teammates. PER is also garbage, stop using it. You haven’t given a single stat that wasn’t dependent on lineups. BPM is always gonna be lineup dependent because of the amount of talent disparity between the two teams. The fact is the best indicator of a college prospect is still TS% and Cade’s is more impressive on a worse team.

You are so obstinate with your opinion it’s unbelievable. Sober up bro.

18. Buck Turgidson

Outside of 8 or so games (non-conference and BYU) there's a huge difference in the level of competition too.

HP3 likes this.
  19. raining threes

You make it seem like he's some kind of scrub.

I'll take him on my team anytime.

HP3 likes this.
  20. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Mobley will be our pick.

majicdonjuan and jimmyv281 like this.