1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cade Cunningham experiment

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Nov 2, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All we hear from his fans is work ethic here, work ethic there.

Where is the in game ethic?

For him to negate his one sided arsenal he has to score at least 30+ on most nights to at least have an impact as a potential star player.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Cade is LaMelo Ball to Jalen Green’s Anthony Edwards

3. TimDuncanDonaut

4. vince

vince Member

Early reports are likely showing that Green needs a lot of work. He is immensely talented, but will need a lot more seasoning to show where he will fit.

As a side note, with Silas as the coach, are we truly seeing the proper development of Green? Could it be that Silas is hampering not just the Rockets, but the entire youth movement…

BallSoHarden, Jontro and DaDakota like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They got a better record than us and beat us head to head

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

”I didn't pay too much attention to what was being said after I had a slow start. I wasn't going to let it beat me up or change my way of thinking. But I definitely knew what was being said, and I tried to move accordingly. I feel like somebody would be a liar if they said they didn't know what was being spoken of them. But at the same time, I'm not basing how I think off these other people's opinions from the outside. I'm the kind of person that every day is going to get better, and I think that's why I had a quick turnaround.”

“A lot of people were trying to say I was a bust. I thought that was pretty funny in my eyes. That's something I took note of. Like: 'All right. Well, we'll have to see about it.' That caught my eye. I wasn't doing no tripping. I'm not going to say I respected that, but I definitely heard it.”

“I like a lot of the rookies this year,” Durant said. “I like Scottie Barnes. I like [Chris] Duarte. We played them a couple of weeks ago. He reminds me of an old-school shooting guard. [He’s] quick off the catch and can shoot the mid-range off a couple of dribbles too. He’s got good size. I like him. I like him a lot. I like this rookie class a lot.”

“I love Cade’s game,” Durant said. “I think he’s going to be a tough, tough cover for a long, long time. I got to know him while he was in high school, so we built a little relationship. To play against him in the NBA is what we had a lot of conversations about — being on this level and what it took. He battled some injuries to start, but to come out here and play aggressive tonight [was big]. He hit some big shots for them. I’m happy for him and looking forward to seeing his career... This is really one of my guys.”

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Durant doesn't like Jalen Green?

8. DreamR

DreamR Member

6 points on 2/10 FG today

1/7 from 3

Had 6 asts though but bad shooting

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Kevin Durant. Jalen only fans hate him.

10. MystikArkitect

10 pts on 3/13 shooting. Is this another #1 pick that gets a broken shot the minute they get into the NBA? He wasn't this bad in college.

11. DreamR

DreamR Member

He's getting a pass on his shooting right now because he's been a pretty good playmaker getting his teammates good shots and not making too many foolish turnovers.

That being said, if he keeps putting up low shooting percentages people will eventually start to talk about his struggling shot.

vator likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We've seen enough. The Cade experiment is over.

Jontro likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He did well last night; 26 points

palmsnbananas likes this.
  14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

The guy can shoot and shoot well
    He’s shown it at every level
    Should be a matter of time before those numbers tick up

15. TimDuncanDonaut

vs Bucks

vs Clippers

vs Lakers

vs Blazers

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Idk why this thread hasn’t been getting any action lately

Are we gonna act like Cade hasn’t been playing very well?

Cade is averaging an efficient 22, 5, and 5 so far in December.

Did y’all see his clutch play against the Wizards and how he was taking it to Durant?

this guy is gonna be GOOD

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. He's supposed to be the best player from this draft. Only if he's a bust will there be talks about him.
    2. Rockets fans knew we would not be able to get him at #2. Mobley, on the other hand...

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

a ton of people on here were saying he’s gonna be another Evan Turner or Shaun Livingston and be nothing special because he has no athleticism, and there were many more who were sure Jalen Green is better and were hoping Detroit didn’t take him and we end up with Cade

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

"A ton" and "many more" are exaggeration. I'd say vast majority both people here and the general public assumed that Cade would be taken at #1.

The debates on CF are focused on Green vs Mobley. The Mobley Mob are still whining about drafting Green rather than Mobley. Nobody cares about Cade because we couldn't have picked him even if we wanted to.

clos4life and vator like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Assumed? Sure, and a lot of it on here was “Detroit is gonna take Cade because they’re pressured to,” not because the belief was that he was actually the best player in this draft

and there were many who thought Green was better and the only reason Cade was going #1 is because he had that college exposure with reasoning like “Green’s 18 ppg in the G-League would be 25+ ppg in college”…especially since Green was ranked higher than Cade coming out of high school

I suspect this thread would have a lot more activity if Green was actually playing better than Cade with everyone laughing at Detroit

cmoak1982 likes this.