1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C.J. Wilson Signs with Angels

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by MadMax, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Meet your 2012 AL West Champs - Weaver, Haren, Santana, Wilson loaded.

Rangers better get busy on signing Prince Fielder if they want to counter this.

http://tracking.si.com/2011/12/08/r...los-angeles-angels-for-five-years-75-million/

Free-agent starting pitcher C.J. Wilson has signed a five-year, $75 million deal with the Los Angeles Angels, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

Wilson was considered by many to be one of the top pitching prizes on the free-agent market this winter. The 31-year-old posted a 16-7 record this season for the Texas Rangers, while also recording a 2.94 ERA in over 220 innings of work. Today’s signing means the culmination of a seven-year career for Wilson in Texas, in which he served five years as a reliever, two as a starter, and helped the club reach two World Series.

Wilson narrowed down the field of potential suitors to the Angels and the Miami Marlins last night. The Texas Rangers had been interested in re-signing the All-Star starter, but it is not believed they were not willing to offer him a long-term deal.

The Angels also made news today by signing mega free-agent Albert Pujols to a 10-year, $250 million deal.

#1 MadMax, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Angels continue to spend money every offseason.

Hopefully these deals will bite them in the ass like the Garry Matthews Jr. deal.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate the Angels, and I like their stadium. It's fun to see a ball game there.

I hated the rally monkey until I saw it live, and then I loved it. I feel bad for saying that, I loved the rally monkey.

The Angels were very close last year, and with Trumbo young and growing into a potential star along with Pujols, and CJ Wilson pitching together with Weaver and Santana they are a formidable team.

Of course the way teams are on paper aren't always the way they play on the field so we'll see.

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

So the Angels have spent $325 million and received 2 players? Wow, now I want to see them both get career ending injuries next year LOL