1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C(Bud)eiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 19, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

19 year old to a 21 year old and they were both rookies, nit pick all you want....they are rookie stats.....would you rather I use a 26 year old Manu?

Who Chase also had a better rookie year than....

Sorry you don't like the truth.

DD

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The thing, DD, even within your article where Morey stated Budinger this Budinger that....I don't think Morey is as remotely high on Budinger as you are.
    I think he has his favs and you can count on him to pursue them.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

What i saw in chase last year were some improvements most people miss. The curls and slip passes to the post like rip hamilton. The rebounding even when his shots arent falling. Those are things that i think people are overlooking. Coming into this season, i want to see him attack of those down screens and keep his eyes open. People dont realize the bind a player can put the defense in when you have action just on that play. I hope he continues to attack the rim in transition. I dont care for the pull up 3 when its a 3 on 2 break. Martin is a good player, but when he's not in it offensively, he brings 0 to the game. Chase with his all around game compliment whomever is on the court.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It doesn't matter who you compare them to -- it's irrelevant! You can't blindly compare stats of rookies without taking into account the system they were in, who they were playing with, etc. For instance, Steph Curry put up some huge stats as a rookie.. but he was on the Warriors. Who were hit hard with injuries and starting NBDLers on a nightly basis.. and in a system that allows you to put up those stats. You can't compare Curry's stats to some of the all-time greats and make the "connection" that he could be better than them.. it's just stupid.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I saw it. NEVERTHELESS D wins championships!

6. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Alot of opinions being put out here. Good to see it. But hope people remember that each person carries different opinions, and that is what makes this forum so fun and interesting to read. Don't flame each other so viciously if you disagree with an opinion.

As for me, ceiling wise, CEILING wise, I think Chase Budinger can be a 15 point per game starter. I also think that CEILING wise, he can be a solid defender. Now if he reaches both solid offense and defence..... then he would have been an awesome catch by Daryl Morey :)

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Look, I am only comparing stats to give people some perspective.

People are saying "Chase will only be this, or only that !"....when he is ONLY A ROOKIE...

I am sure some folks were looking at Kobe, or Manu, or others after their rookie year and saying the same thing.

Chase may not ever be as good as them, probably won't the odds are against it, but he might.

:)

And he certainly WILL get better.

DD

8. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

You call this flaming?

9. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Chase will = Mike Miller. Nothing more.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey, look at it this way. If he is traded, we could get him back in a couple of years. :grin:

11. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I disagree. He will be better than Mike Miller.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKHyGryHhUU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yKHyGryHhUU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I just think that's the closest comparison (imo). If you could pick one player to compare him to, who would you say?

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I like the new sig, or the add on I should say. Kobe was also a starter his rookie year where as Chase comes off the bench, Kobe was hoisting up a lot more shots per game. Interesting comparison.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:grin:.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never said we need to improve the bench, broski...

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

As far as DaDa's dream team goes,

Brooks/Martin/Budinger

will NEVER be adequate as starters together, If we want to win a ring. Physical play prevails in the playoffs...

17. cuddie

cuddie Member

The Black Joe Johnson. (Props to Carl Herrera)

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not what you said. There's a great possibility that we give up part of our bench to get a quality guy. You know it.

AB0-KM-CBUD not gonna happen....you got it

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I hope not!

I think we can get what we need with our picks, Trevor Ariza, Sergio Llull and Shane Battier. I hope so atleast...

20. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I just hope we can trade one of Battier or Ariza.