1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

C(Bud)eiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jun 19, 2010.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good teams develop their talent and let the chemistry grow, while bad teams are constantly looking to the draft for the next big thing.

Hello LA Clippers !!

This is some poor observational guesswork, because Chase comes in with Lowry, and who do you think Lowry was passing the ball to, hmmm?

Our 2nd unit saved the first units bacon at least offensively all year long.

DD

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Tell that to the 2010 NBA finalists, Lakers(Got Kobe by trading Divac, Got Shaq through Free agency, Got Gasol by trading Kwame) and Celtics(One of the biggest trades in history by trading 5 players and 2 picks for Garnett. Traded 3 players and a pick Jeff Green for Ray Allen).

3. BetterThanEver

DD, if it wasn't clear who were in the finals. Here's a picture.

[​IMG]

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Trading during the regular season is not what this thread is about...we are talking about trading a proven NBA player for a draft pick.

And, IIRC, Kobe was selected and then traded, so that is not even relevent as both sides already KNEW what they would get...and even then, I would happily trade an older veteran like Battier for that pick....sort of like Vlade was ....a guy at the end of his career.

But for giggles...

Kobe's rookie year stats:

7.6ppg 15.5mpg .417 FG .375 3pt 1.9rpg 1.3apg

Chase's rookie year stats:

8.9ppg 20.1mpg .441 FG% .369% 3pt 3.0rpg 1.2apg

Don't you think the Lakers are glad they did not trade Kobe after his rookie year for a higher draft pick in the first round?

BTW, Chase had a better rookie year than Kobe....

Interesting..eh????

DD

#44 DaDakota, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  5. BetterThanEver

Your point is not to trade a proven player for a unproven draft pick and you illustrate it by pointing out the Lakers trading a veteran player for (Kobe) a player in the draft? I would love that!

6. DaDakota

Supporting Member

So would I, a journeyman veteran player that was redundant and had basically peaked in his career, sure...sign me up.

For the record they thought Elden Campbell was their center of the future, so Vlade could be easily moved.

That year's Laker team stats Vlade's 12.9ppg - 4th leading scorer

Sort of like Battier or Trevor could be moved, IMO.

BTW - that Lakers team (Vlade's) lost in the first round to the Houston Rockets 3 games to 1.

Please point out the one player in this draft that will turn out to be as good as Kobe.

Oh wait, in their rookie year's Chase was already better.

;)

DD

#46 DaDakota, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  7. homeboy1

homeboy1 Member

Chase B has all the tools (read: smarts) to be a great player. I would absolutely hate to give up such a high b-ball IQ guy with such instincts. I just believe that he has that 'IT' factor. I mean, he is high flying and is so smart when it comes to moving the ball. I truly believe if he still a Rocket by the time the season starts that he will have a break out year.

8. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Kobe also was just coming out of high school while bud had 3 years of college.

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yep, Kobe was 19 and Chase was 21.

Look, I am not saying Chase will be as good as Kobe, come on, Kobe is close to Air Jordan.

But you don't give up very talented rookies for another possibly talented rookie, you can give up talent that has peaked, and is redundant, sure.

Anyway, I have brought up the facts, the stats, and the history, we shall all have to wait and see.

DD

10. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Wow, you really are quite obsessed with Bud huh? Adding the stats to your signature LOL!

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Just having fun with it, tossing around a little seasoned perspective. People on this board have been too quick to toss aside good young talent for years, that leads to chasing your tail.

Aaron Brooks has proven that, Carl Landry, you got to let your good young players grow into their roles, unless you can get a proven quality better player like Landry for KMart...otherwise you keep your good.

I do like CBud, he would be one of the least likely players I would trade on the entire team, because I think he fits very well with Rick Adelman's style of play, and we have been searching for a guy that moves off the ball like him for years, and now we have one that is not only good at it, but is also very athletic and can do much more.....yeah, you hold onto those players.

Sit back and enjoy the ride...that is what you do with CBud......

DD

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I agree, but please don't compare Kobe and Bud stats, I just feel it looks rather silly. Bud is a REAL solid role player. He can shoot the 3, come off screens for a shot, and can really jump. But until he gets any kind of shots off the dribble, he'll be nothing more than a real good role player (not that there's anything wrong with that).

13. Egghead

Egghead Member

DD get off the Chase bandwagon... me and jasonemilo knew about Chase since his high school days and were saying how he would be a great fit before the draft.

14. albuster

albuster Member

A big amen to this post.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i would trade him straight up for lebron. and you people are all stupid as hell for not wanting to.

16. akiracy

akiracy Member

Some of you guys are seriously overrating Chase, he's an athletic JJ Reddick or a Rudy Fernandez, nothing more. He doesn't have the killer instinct to be a star.

17. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Budinger will play in this league a long time and at the worst he'll be a guy at Jeff Hornacek's level which ain't bad. Remember he only started played organized ball in high school.

Besides that everyone knows he was lottery. Had he came out the year before he would have been. But everyone knows that you're only as good as yesterdays hype when it comes to the NBA draft. And the NBA loves the fresh new hype. I don't think anyone has ever benefited in the last decade of draft by staying in college. The Hype bug is very fragile.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am on the DADA bandwagon for this one...

Keep Lowry/Budinger/Hill around to destroy second units for the next decade.

We have enough assets to upgrade the starters and front line...

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right, so If I like a Houston Rocket, I am not a Houston rocket fan.

That makes sense...

20. AKRocketsFan

AKRocketsFan Member

Oh yeah buddy I've been watching AB since High School and waatched him Crush Adam Morrison heart In the Washington State 4A High School Championship. And knew then his game would translate to the NBA. I was ecstatic when we drafted him. And supported him while most dogged him and some still do.

But you don't see me on here talking that irrelevant BS. As Rockets fans we have the right to jump on off of the bandwagon of any player on this team. That's the beauty of the fan player relationship. It's always a love hate thing.