1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Byron Scott: Dwight Howard isn't serious about winning championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Oct 27, 2014.

1. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

**** Byron Scott and **** the Lakers. I hope they finish so bad so they lose that top 5 protected pick from the Nash trade.

2. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

lmao.. That's the only thing I can think of surrounding ronnie price recently. Not a debacle in my eyes, but just pointing out what I assume

3. conquistador#11

all kobe had to do was wait until howard resigned with the lakers, then start talking about showing him how to win. But he couldn't help himself, just like o'neal can't help saying negative things about howard. Egos, they're kind of a big deal to these people. What do you mean by those people....lakers and ex lakers.

4. Dr Dunkenstein

It makes me very happy to see the Lakers so far down. I can only hope they stay there for a very long time. My guess is the NBA will figure out a way to make them relevant again. For the media or BS to even broach the subject of Dwight Howard's desire to win a championship belittles them all.

They are just showing their hate and their asses.

5. the shark

the shark Member

who gives a rats ass what Scott has to say.

If Kobe is all about winning championships....then why in the world did he take a contract that basically kept the Lakers from having enough money to add enough talent to contend for another championship? Yes I know why he took it, but in doing so it limited what the Lakers could do in free agency.

Plus nobody wants to play with him these days.

So screw the Lakers, screw Kobe, and screw Scott.

That is all.

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

If they ain't hating on you then you're doing it all wrong. Good job Rockets. Give em' the beat down.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is going to be one long season if folks here completely freakout over any comment written or said that doesn't justify or reinforce their blind faith in Morey and the red koolaid. For the record, Scott didn't say this - it was that writer Herbert's title for his article. Byron Scott said the following:

“My outside perspective is Kobe is a real serious guy and wants to win championships,” Scott said. “I don't know if Dwight is that serious about it. I know No. 24 is and that probably was the clash.”

I swear that level of reading comprehension around here is downright pathetic. You know what? Even if Scott said that it doesn't mean SQUAT unless you folks are secretly afraid that he's telling the truth. Stuff like this is meant to be ignored especially coming from the train wreck that is the Lakers.

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Scott may be right, I don't know. It's hard to say without seeing and knowing what goes on behind the scenes. Howard does act like a clown off the court, and he has yet to win any championships, so I can understand the criticism. I want to see Dwight play in the regular season the way he did in the Portland series. Then I and everyone else would know he truly is serious about winning championships. Let's see Dwight bring it every night.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Exactly. This is what I want to see as well instead of all the goofy pictures and tweets. Howard does this then there will be NO questions about his commitment to winning. Nobody questions Tim Duncan in this manner because Tim Duncan hasn't given anyone a reason to believe otherwise. Once Howard does the same, he'll have changed this narrative for good.

10. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Lol um...you would think stepping up your game in the playoffs would classify as wanting to win. But apparently to you he needs to play better in the regular season lol. The hate is strong in this one.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Not sure why you think I'm hating just because I want him to give full effort during the regular season. We saw what he is capable of during the Portland series. Why not play like that all the time? The all time great players gave 100% every time they played. That's what I want to see from both Howard and Harden. That's not hating.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It was an issue in the eyes of many Lakers fans, especially when Magic himself stated publicly that Lin is a starting PG or some ish. Whether or not Scott was right, the fanbase perceived it as idiocy. This was compounded when he came out as defending the decision because Price was a better fit at the starting spot next to Kobe, could play better defense and Lin was needed off the bench because they have no creators. Sound familiar? Needless to say, LOFs were in an uproar, many of the Lakers fans were upset that their coach was using Mchale's methods and poor Ronnie Price's entire NBA resume was put on trial.

Strangely enough, Price started only one preseason game before proceeding to get (legitimately) hurt within minutes. Thus, Lin is the starting PG.

Overblown? Perhaps

Hilarious? Definitely

#112 shastarocket, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't put much stock in what the 76ers, Lakers, Bucks, etc., think. But I do put much stock in the fact the Dwight will be in beast mode tonight. It happens to be against a crap team. But there are good story lines. Enjoy the L, Byron!

14. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

You are the one with the comprehension problem. The headline is a completely accurate summation of Scott's comments.

15. cebu

cebu Member

he is but he is clueless....

16. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so all you guys talking shiet bout scott and the lakers basically don't agree kobe is more serious about getting a ring than howard??

I jus think hating aside, there's actually some truth to it... I mean just the ring count, what is it 5 vs 0?

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No offense, but this is actually a very stupid statement. You put Dwight Howard on Lebron's Heat or Tim Duncan's Spurs, and he'd have at least 2 or 3 right now. I very clearly stated that while Kobe certainly deserves credit for those championships, he's not winning the first 3 w/o Shaq (heck, they almost got knocked out by the Blazers and Kings in years 1 and 3, respectively), nor the last 2 w/o Gasol and Bynum.

You might be able to say it about a player who can't lead his team to a run in the playoffs, perhaps, but you're talking about a player who led a team to the NBA Finals. Once you get to that level, when you're 4 wins away from a championship, you're capable of winning a championship. Period.

Besides, the whole quote is from the perspective of someone who wasn't even on their team. His quote is about as useful as t*** on a boar hog.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Expecting Dwight to do what he did in the playoffs over 82 games is just not realistic & in no way healthy. I had no problem with how he paced himself throughout the regular season & how he ramp'd it up in the playoffs.

Dwight just needs to slightly improve in a few things during the regular season & that's it. That would be his free throw shooting, unnecessary early fouls & his post game. Whether he tweets funny pictures or whatever, i don't give rats ass what he does off the court, as long as he brings it on the court, & Dwight did that last year.

Byron Scott is an ******* that doesn't know his place in this league. He's trying to win over Kobe with these statements & sadly winning over Kobe won't bring you success.

You guys are spoiled, you expect every big man we acquire to be like Hakeem. There will never be anyone like Hakeem ever again, get it through your thick skulls.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I agree. I don't find any controversy in his statement whatsoever. It's backed up by facts. I didn't see it as malicious or anything. Who would you think is serious about winning championships...the guy with five rings or the guy with none? Hmm...gee...let me think real hard on this one...DOH!

20. dragician

dragician Member

Byron Scott is soo serious about winning the championship this year :grin::p:eek::rolleyes::grin: