1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Byron Scott: Dwight Howard isn't serious about winning championships

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Screw Byron Scott, without Magic or Kareem, this scrub wouldnt have won anything!

2. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

That would be too stylish and progressive for Byron Scott

3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Every once in a while, you gotta get fired up and let it all out.

However, in all seriousness, no one really knows anyone's true motivation. You can't even go by what people say b/c they could be completely full of it. For all we know, Kobe Bryant really doesn't give a crap about winning championships- it might really be all about the money and the mugambo. Does it matter? That's why the term "scoreboard" really makes the most sense. It's all about results. If you're a nice guy and win, great. If you're an ******* and win, great- from the fan's perspective, b/c we really don't know. Maybe every single player in the NBA is an egotistical, selfish, doesn't-give-a-****-about-the-fans person. Would you really care if they delivered you championships? Probably not.

It's just best to watch the games with the sound turned down and read the box score the next day, nothing else. Of course, most of us want drama whether we admit it or not, so we read and respond to these nonsense articles- and I'm at the top of the list. But I hope to get better.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anybody remember a few years back when there was a big kerfuffle about politicians wearing an American flag pin, and one group was saying that if you didn't wear your flag pin it clearly showed that you hated America?

The way NBA players talk about winning is a whole lot like those flag pins. The players that are actually completely consumed with winning, like Michael Jordan, don't talk endlessly about the subject. It consumes them too much for them to feel comfortable letting it out. The players who do talk about it nonstop are putting on a front - they talk about how important winning is to them because they think that is what good players are supposed to do, but they are usually the first guy to sign with whichever team offers them the most money, even if it is from Charlotte or a similar team.

Dwight is most concerned with what Dwight wants, not with impressing others. He's not crazy and obsessed like MJ, but I would bet that he is no less concerned with winning than many of the NBA players who give it lip service incessantly.

5. pass_to_Hakeem

6. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

For me, Harden falls into the talks too much about it category. Hopefully it's not a true stereotype, though I think it is.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

man tis shet's getting old

8. conquistador#11

it's a trap! he wants dwight to take a billion shots tomorrow so they can have an excuse to hackadwight. expect the game to end at 5 am.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

dandorotik has my favorite post of the young season. I'm so sick of the haters that either know nothing about Dwight, hate just to hate or that are just LA jock riders. They couldn't be more wrong or off base about Dwight.

I had my own doubts about Howard, his dedication and will to win. That said, Dwight has erased all doubts, ALL OF THEM. It's obvious that Howard works as hard as anyone and seems to be a helluva teammate. This team is close to contending for another title and Howard is a big reason why.

Now let's go out and kick the Hell out of the Lakers tomorrow!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. dream2franchise

Most players just say what the media and fans wants to hear. They've grown up listening to NBA players and the media talk about 'winning' just like we have. I'm going to go ahead and guess that just about every player cares about winning, but with varying degrees.

I think Dwight is content with playing as hard as he can and working to improve his game whilst making a positive impact off the court with his charities and good deeds. He knows what he can and can't control.

I'm okay with that.

11. platypus

platypus Member

Man **** these b**** ass media members always piling on our players.

I was listening to the radio the other day and ****ing Doris Burke has the nerve to say Klay Thompson is a better two guard than James Harden. Then she goes on to ride the warriors forgetting that they were a ****ing sixth seed last year with that same roster and the only thing changed this year is an unproven coach.

Then you have ****ing ESPN saying steph curry is a better player than Harden while hitting harden for his defense. WELL ESPN STEPH CURRY IS NOT EXACTLY GOOD AT DEFENSE EITHER.

People forget James CARRIED OUR TEAM to the playoffs with Lin, Asik and Parsons in his first year as the number one option WITHOUT A ****ING TRAINING CAMP.
    YET, YET they have the nerve to say harden is not a top ten player.

DID KEVIN LOVE CARRY HIS TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS? MELO? ANTHONY DAVIS? EVEN KOBE? **** NO.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR TOMORROWS GAME. I want to see dwight **** KOBE, and humiliate this laker team.

AND IF WE LOSE, MANNNNNN

12. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

We need to do more than just roll the lakers. We need to embarrass them like we did crybaby Mark Jackson and the Warriors when we almost set some 3 point record on them

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

All logical thoughts get thrown out the window when LA people talk about dwight... So whatever Scott! Enjoy your 25 wins!

14. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

That's true , Howard is like Shaquille but without his talent.

16. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

I like that LA has been slinging mud at Dwight since he left, but Dwight has kept quiet and worked on his game. That says it all. Between kobe, d'antoni, and scott, there's been plenty of shots fired at the big man. Dwight hasn't once engaged in this hi school girl behavior. Whose butt seems the most hurt to you?

Kobe's just mad cuz Dwight singlehandedly closed Kobe's title window, because Kobe was an abrasive douche to the only guy that could help him win again. I'm not buying that Dwight doesn't care about winning. Pure jibjab.

17. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Dwight: "you aren't gonna treat me like Shaquille"

Kobe: "you must not care about winning"

Dwight: "you must not care about self-reflection"

18. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Kobe just runs his mouth about any damn thing these days. His game used to be relevant, now he relies on being an ******* to stay relevant. Sad. He is the NBA's Ann Coulter

19. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

How many jobs Cryron Scott been fired from? If only he were serious about winning instead of serious about being an even ****tier version of Mike Brown

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I don't know if you're a child molester, but I know I'm not, and that's probably where the clash is.

I changed simply the topic and used the exact same words otherwise, what am i implying?