1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bynum- Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktex, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'll never understand why fans continue to use this fact as a reason to trade for Bynum. He's the second best center. I get it.

He's the best so-so center in the NBA. He's a Mutombo that has a questionable work ethic and a worse injury history.

When Mutombo was in his prime and was the centerpiece of both the Nuggets and Hawks, the furthest both teams advanced in the playoffs was the 2nd Round.

If you want Bynum to be the centerpiece of your team, your team will not sniff a Finals appearance, and Morey's job is to bring a championship down here.

2. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Bynum is really talented. I think that it would be a HR trade for the Rockets if they could land Bynum to build around.

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

If you compared to Mutombo, all centers nowadays are so-so centers. Now even Dwight Howard acts like a diva and he has a bad back too. If you ask me I would take Mutombo (in his prime) over Dwight/Bynum any day of the week. But let's face it, every team need a big man to build around (unless you have Lebron/Durant and a couple all-stars) and they are very rare these days.

Having said that I would still gamble on Dwight before Bynum. But I would be happy to end up with anyone of the two. Bynum's injury history is a major concern but he is young and it worths the gamble. Remember Shaq was not a hardworking player either but he ended up with a couple of rings. Bynum is not certainly as good but it's the best you can get if you can't get Dwight.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Cant build on sand...can get easily washed away...Bynums Knees are guaranteed to cause problems...in the time frame of 2-3 years...I guarantee that Bynum will be on the disbabled list for a prolonged time...

5. Aceman2009

Aceman2009 Contributing Member

No one seems to look at the fact that in a shortened 66 game season when everyone and their mother was going down with injuries bynum started every game he wasnt suspended.

And he has reportedly gone to germany this summer to have the "kobe" procedure done to ensure the wellness of his knees as well as hope to reverse some damage. there is no reason to believe he cant last regualr seasons injury free. especially with time off in between games.

6. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

that doesnt make any sense

do you remmeber how RAW Bynum was when he came into the NBA

7. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Lol I remember...Bynum used to suck..he came a long way

8. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I had this procedure, or one very similar, done to my knee in 2008.It did wonders for me,but I can most assuredly tell you that nothing can reverse the damage that's been done to Bynums knee .. that's fantasy land .

9. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Mutombo was pretty awkward offensively if I remember right. I would take Bynum over Mutombo as my go-to player on offense any day of the week.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We should be able to get Bynum without giving up any of the rookies. We have the picks and seasoned players to give up instead.

11. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Cost for him is not about the trade to get him, it is the max deal that he is going to sign with the rockets, then he has much better chance to get injured than Howard, and has less chance to help us to get a ring, just see Yao' case for the injures. I would prefer to have Howard or our young players, and trade Martin for another pick.

12. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

The only reason I am ok with rockets not going after Bynum...if he got hurt after we got him and signed to max deal we would be done for years..if he manages to stay healthy he will be top center in the game in a couple years IMO...guess we will see how the rockets do with the young guys

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Sixers gave up an All-Star, draft pick and two highly thought of prospects. thats too much and glad Morey didn't cave.

14. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Iggy's value isn't particularly high. He is a very good defender but he is horrible offensively and his contract is not that great. I would hardly consider Harkless and Vucevic to be highly thought prospects and the Sixers have no time to develop them.... Overall, a good deal for the Sixers. Its a gamble but Bynum is the 2nd best center in the league. The Rockets definitely could have given the Magic a better offer. Throw in some a power forward or two and a few draft picks. Its worth it....

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

maybe for Dwight but defenitly not for Bynum.