1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bynum- Buyer Beware

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktex, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ktex

ktex Member

1 person likes this.
  2. Nero

Nero Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah, I refuse to give 610 a click.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Can't listen right now, but I know he has ligamentous laxity in both knees, which is pretty much what Mark Prior had in his shoulder and elbow. Of course, Prior's mechanics put undue stress on his arm and throwing a baseball is a lot less natural than most of the movements one makes on a basketball court, so there's no telling what exactly is going to happen with Bynum's knees.

But yeah, he's more susceptible to knee injuries. But he's also started getting the orthokine treatments that Kobe had in Germany, and PRP-therapy almost always works best with younger athletes, so who knows.

One can still make the argument that Howard's back is more troubling than Bynum's knees.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Dr. First said Lin's meniscus tear was very minor and he isn't worried about him going forward.

He said Bynum scares the hell out of him because of the injuries he's had, as some of those tend to re-occur. Also worried about him having to go the Germany to stay healthy. Would stay away.

Isn't concerned about Dwight Howard's back. Said 3 of 4 NBA players with a herniated disk come back just fine.

1 person likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The doc just basically said Jeremy Lin's meniscus surgery was very minor and the Rockets should not be worried.

He said Andrew Bynum's knee injuries are EXTREMELY worrisome for a big man. Also he said Bynum is in Germany getting that same A-Rod, Kobe knee treatment. He said he has zero confidence that Bynum can stay injury free and that he is a prime candidate for arthritis after his knee cap dislocation.

2 people like this.
  7. Shirt Off

Shirt Off Member

why do you think LA is desperately trying to turn him into Dwight

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dang. I'm out on Bynum.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dr. Kenneth First basically goes over Bynums knee issues, and really scares the hell out of you as a Rockets fan. I guess you see now why the Rockets aren't bending over backwards to give up the farm to get him in the deal.

Try to listen to this podcast at some point if you can even if you dont want to support 610.

Not saying I dont necessarily want Bynum anymore, but yeah... there are HUGE red flags with his health.

10. Coffee Black

Coffee Black Member

Hard to argue with this Lin of thought.

2 people like this.
  11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

On Bynum, Dr. Kenneth is concerned about Bynum's knee problems in the past and says Bynum is going to Germany to get the same experimental injections that Kobe has done, is concerned about Bynum holding up during the rest of his career.

Dr. Kenneth wasn't too worried about Lin's meniscus tear or Dwight's back problems.

On a side note, that new team on 610 sounds basically like the monster of the midday on 790. That new guy's voice is kinda annoying.

12. HMMMHMM

I have no medical knowledge whatsoever, but I actually like the fact that he's going to Germany.
    I may go as far as saying I'd stay away if he didn't. I mean, the whole thing may be experimental, but so far it sure seems to be working.

13. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

My guess is Morey is not budging (yet) on getting Bynum while letting Dwight go to LA.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It only works for a couple of years at best. I have had 4 knee surgeries with 2 ACL reconstructions. I have zero confidence in Bynum's knees as well.

15. HMMMHMM

So have an injection every couple of years then.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Basically he's saying that it's troubling that Bynum has knee problems so early in his career. He listed Ralph Sampson, Shawn Bradley and Mark Eaton other big men whose career was cut short by knee injury. He dislocated his left knee in 2008 - where the patella completely came out - and had surgery on that knee. Those injuries often recur and lead to arthritis down the road. He's had two operations on his right knee including a scope procedure that he delayed so that he could attend the World Cup Soccer games and that cost him because he had to have surgery and did not come back until December. And now he's not playing in the Olympics because he's heading off to Germany to get the same injection procedures that Kobe Bryant had and that's a bad sign: big guy, both knees and already requiring an experimental procedure to keep healthy. Said he'd be very concerned about him coming to Houston a max contract and holding up.

1 person likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member

You know the germans make good stuff

[​IMG]

PLEASE SAY NO

1 person likes this.
  18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He uses points and rebounds as the end-all when analyzing players.

One day, he was talking about how he feels that the Rockets should have already locked Dragic before this summer. And how we got a cap-friendly deal with Lowry bc we did exactly that :confused:

Lopez didn't even correct him and point out the Rockets philosophy on extensions. Probably bc he doesn't know himself.

#18 sammy, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Key word.

So still people will counter, as some have already done, "but.. but. bu... what about Dwight's back?".

Problem is this is Dwight's first major injury from what I can recall. And as the doctor stated most have come back from that type of injury to perform just fine.

I'd be more than happy with Bynum if his knee's weren't a problem... I mean we all have seen from experience that having a legit 7' on the roster means jack squat unless he's playing on the court witht the rest of the guys.

Therefore I'd stay away from Bynum. Far, far away.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey is all Lin on Dwight. I suspect if he goes to LA, Morey will just stand pat and If he goes after Bynum it will be via free agency.