1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bye-Bye Gabe Muoneke, Pig Miller and Alex Scales

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pcheung, Oct 23, 2003.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I second this motion. Gotta have the HOME crowd in the game to watch this guy.

2. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

How the hell did Braggs make the cut? :confused:

4. pcheung

pcheung Member

I know the question kind of answers itself :), but it came down to Braggs or Pig for depth at the 4. I'll bet Pig was just too far behind as far as learning the system, etc. With only one week to the start of the season, Pig just ran out of time.

5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly! Scales, Gabe, and Pig are SCRUBS! We won't regret letting any of them go. NONE will make a major impact on any other team, let alone make enough of a splash somewhere else to make us lament our decision at all.

6. eric.81

why? why do we need him? Geez, between the Badiane hype and all this fuss over training camp fodder, I'm worried about all you guys. They may have been good in college, summer leagues, or even the preseason... but they're SCRUBS! 12th men and IR filler at BEST!!!

MOVE ON PLEASE!!

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am with you on that one, I am really disappointed. Scales looked great to me. But Wilkes did too. Tough choice.

8. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Gabe Muoneke had little chance of making this, or any other NBA team. He's really not a very versatile player...his size was a concern, too big, slow to play 3, too short to play 4, and can't shoot the perimeter shot very well.

Need him? Why?

9. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

We are down to 15.
    My guess, Braggs, Davis will be on IR.

Who else among the other 13?
    5: Yao, Cato, Amaechi
    4: MoT, EG
    2, 3: Cat, JJ, Pike, AG, Boki
    1: Steve, Mooch, Wilks

IMO, once Davis comes off IR for real, he'll be cut and replaced by either Scales or Pig.

10. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

sad to see scales go.....dude has some serious potential.....he'll land somewhere.....its sad to see a guy like him go when u have that davis guy, who neva played due to injury, still on the team......rules r rules i guess......:(

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I understand the fascination with Scales, since he played well for a whole two games...in pre-season. Sign him for 6 years at $7 mill.

I liked him. Hard worker. Willing to please. Coachable, etc. NBA rosters are littered with similar talent every year...during pre-season.

I doubt that we see him resurface before very similar circumstances next pre-season. He'll tear up the NBDL in the meantime. At best, possibly have a successful 10 day contract or two during the regular season.

I think JVG and staff are in a slightly better position to evaluate his talent than us. You think?

We will not live to regret releasing him.

12. eric.81

Man! Thank you HOOP-T. Reading this site felt like the Gabe fan club sometimes!! He's a SCRUB!!

13. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

I'd would also like to know.

The man makes too much mistakes, and his offense is comparable or worse than Cato's.

14. Possum

Possum Member

Once Davis is well and cut I bet they bring back Scales. For all of you that are saying Scales is a scrubb I have one thing to say, Mario Ellie.

15. haven

haven Member

I'm honest about why I wanted Munoeke to stick... he works hard and went to Texas :).

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Yeah they should released Eric......no no Cutino :rolleyes:

17. Nero

Nero Member

How long until Ben Davis is healthy enough to be cut? Anyone hear anything about his injury?

18. GRAYsquirrel

GRAYsquirrel Member

Scales didn't have a chance since we're already overloaded at the 2. Too bad, he showed promise.

Gabe, well I was rooting for him. He's the physical 4 we needed and he works hard. Too bad, lots of H-town peeps were rooting for him.

Pig - just couldn't cut it, so he got cut. Sux that they had to tease him for a week. Messin' with the man's emotions!

Ben Davis - C'mon!!! Squeezed in due to injury. If he has any shame or dignity, he should just quit before he gets cut.

Braggs - From what i've been reading, this guy has the talent and work ethic, but just botched up a lot. Nerves and pressure I guess. I guess we'll see...

Wilks - I always knew he was gonna make it. Can't have mooch as our only backup pg. Just can't.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The Rocket's are such a tease towards Pig. I mean, just about every year this guy comes arond trying out. and then gets turned down

20. uhpikapp64

uhpikapp64 Member

I Can't Believe they released Alex Scales!!!!!

Alex Scales was the only one producing in the preseason, how could the rockets release him. He was doing way better than moochie, and showed more hussle than anyone on the team. I think it was a bad move and it is going to bite us in the ass in the future when he signs with another team.