1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Butler only wants trade to Clips, Nets, or Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmacman, Sep 19, 2018.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Does Jimmy know that Jeremy Lin isn't on the Nets anymore?

2. amaru

amaru Member

You actually take NBA platitudes to heart?

You might need to walk away for a while if you are THAT invested :confused:

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. tmacman

tmacman Member

*Tomball

But yeah....

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

by wanting to play for the Nets? lol

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Melo stayed with the Knicks - Jimmy wants to be traded to the knicks... lets call that a wash...
    leaves Hou/Cleve/OKC vs Clippers/Nets... who wants to win?

plus, it's one thing to stay in a crappy situation... larger max contract to re-sign, you got roots, maybe loyalty, maybe you buy into what mgmt is telling you...
    it's another to try to push your way to a crappy organization... just so you can play with your buddy down the road while still getting your max money... that tells me that winning is not a priority...

it's not as if Butler doesn't have numerous options to get his max money contract - that would afford a much higher probability of winning...

naw... dude doesnt care about winning... he just wants to hang out with Kyrie while getting his max money - wherever that may be... winning is obviously not a concern...

...jus sayin...

#85 kjayp, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    clutchdabear likes this.
  6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

My ears from late last night have the Lakers dangling their young guns in a trade.

Moreover, NY has offered everyone except KP

The Clips, from what I was told, are simply Jim's way of pushing towards the Lakers (location)

Unless something works out with the Lakers, three teams will be involved. (I don't know which)

I do know that the Rockets have interest, but we'd need some help (obviously) EGo and/or PJ would be in there, along with any expiring deals.

My closest ear believes the Rockets are not touching this until they see how Melo works out in our plan. If it fails, and Jimmy is around, all is fair in love and war.

Keep your eyes in Washington, Charlotte, Chi and Miami (as of t0day)

clutchdabear, itzIce, TMac'n and 19 others like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he wants to be the franchise player and get paid the max that's one of the teams that would fit that criteria. but yeah a fan's perspective is completely different than what he's looking to do

8. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

So basically we aren't going to be trading for Butler before the season starts. I'd probably say that he's as good as gone before the deadline unless Minnesota really believes they can do something this year with him. It only risks them not being able to trade him later if he gets hurt at some point in the season which he's had a history of.

9. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Wow, that would be highly disappointing if the Lakers go from no stars to two stars in 3 months. Small markets just can't seem to compete in the NBA.

saleem likes this.
  10. PatBev

PatBev Member

I'd have respect for him if he went to the nets. Him and Kyrie both there would be cool honestly. I respect wanting to go to a unhyped team and try to build it from the ground up

sage281 likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really don't see Butler starting the season in Minnie at this point...if we want to see how it goes with Melo first i think by that time Butler will be gone anyway.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Cod does fakers' young guns entail ingram or ball? or just the kuzma/hart package we've already heard about. and how would they come up with enough salary to match?

saleem likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Butler does know something about winning.

All those teams average to below average at best.

14. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

That's not smart on Butler part. Who knows what will change in Boston with Irving. Boston may keep Irving or trade hsyward.

Will any of those 3 teams willing to offer max to Irving? Clippers is eyeing on Kawhi, will they have enough to get Irving and offer max to Butler?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

its up to irving if he wants to stay in boston. not the other way around.

16. Nook

Nook Member

L
    It would make the Lakers look incompetent. They wouldn’t deal young players for Paul George or Kawhi Leonard but will offer them for an inferior player in Butler? Not the best look for the Lakers.

As a side note I highly doubt the Knicks would deal Ntilikina in a deal for Butler.

clutchdabear and Deuce like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Excellent post from @Codman. Makes a lot of sense. The info on the Knicks is hilarious to me as they have been VERY UP FRONT about not trading assets/players/picks for a quick fix. And here codman says a complete 180 in that. If that is the case, I would think the Knicks have to be at the table here.

And then we have the Lakers situation. The young players they probably are willing to part with are Kuzma and Hart. I don't see Ingram moved in this. And I don't see Wolves wanting Ball. But to make the "salary" work, I guess they would have to wait until Dec 15?

As expected, the "Butler 3 teams wish" was a total bluff to get other teams involved.

I could see the Rockets wanting to check out the Melo move to see how that goes. Especially if they have to part with Ego "and/or" PJ in a trade.

Per Codman, I am watching Washington, Charlotte, Chi and Miami (as of t0day). :cool:

I am guessing Chriss (jersey 0) is the piece to dangle. Making the move by Oct 31st so the new team would have the right to add the qualifying offer for next season if wished. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rockets "tried" to move Chriss for Oubre.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook, don't they already look incompetent with their additions of Stevenson, Beasley and JaVale?

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. craguin

craguin Member

Did he mean → #0 Josh Richardson (+ filler) ← to Minny?

#99 craguin, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    saleem likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That would be awesome. But I don't see the Heat giving him up. I can't remember where I heard/read it, but there was talk the Rockets were offering a 1st for Richardson and the Heat balked. Not sure a deal gets done there.

Chriss (0) and his 3.2 expiring is the transition piece to move. Oubre's salary is a perfect match. I can't see other good matches on those other teams mentioned unless we are brining Brandon Knight back into the equation. Then you can talk about the Hornets with MKG or Marvin Williams. Heat and James Johnson etc. Not sure where the Bulls fit into this though looking at their roster.