1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Business gift giving with Japanese

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JuanValdez, Jun 24, 2016.

1. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

My wife lived in Japan. She said that if they are younger and more adventurous, Japanese food may not be a good way to go. That's what they'd do if you went to Japan. More adventurous Japanese will want what is best in the place they are at. So, either high end steaks or seafood if in Houston. For lunch, great BBQ or Mexican, something classy but authentic, would also be a hit.

If the concern is that these are executives who only like Japanese, go to Uchi and sell it as a high-end American take on sushi. Along with amazing fusion dishes, the sake and sushi selections are stellar. Lots of choices that run as expensive as your expense account allows.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

If you are trying to give them an experience, I would think about things they cannot get or buy or do in Japan. For example, some kind of Rodeo or Cowboy experience. A tour of the space shuttle. Alcohol and American women are likely to put them in a good mood for the deal, which is ultimately what u want. With the world being so accessible as it is today, any gift is likely thrown into the closet if not edible or drinkable, so I would think experience.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Uchi is the best sushi in town without a doubt. It'll go heavy on your wallet, but I'd imagine you're going to use it on a company card or something?

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Before you do anything, read this book!
    [​IMG]

But if you don't have time, just give them a reprint of this
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

^ We are all aware of the tentacle thing...but seriously dude?

People open this site at work and stuff.

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Maybe I should've spoiler that... but that's actually a really expensive piece of art and was highly featured in the office of a very successful & prominent ad agency. :p

7. hvic

hvic Member

i use to work in a Japanese restaurant and japanaese businessmen would come and order that. They would stay til after closing and had to politely kick them out and there drunk a ss then practice there golf swing in the parking lot.

8. Chamillionaire

HAHAHA... Typical. :grin:

9. Asian Sensation

Maybe he is?

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Thanks for the input. Regrettably, I won't be able to offer an update.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm all for complaining about NSFW stuff, but I mean.. what's anybody going to say about that image, really? Nobody at work has the balls to bring an image like that up in conversation, it's too weird. Your boss isn't going to call you in to his/her office to talk about vintage, erotic octopus tapestries.

The Japanese want fajitas, Texas BBQ or seafood, good tequila (not sake), golf and guns.

#51 Ziggy, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016