1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush will lose Heisman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarylMoney, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

According to Pro Football Talk, Bush will lose Heisman and no one else will get it.

Please lock if posted.

Article

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. Steve_Francis_rules

What happens if Bush refuses to give back the actual hardware? His name will be removed from the record books, but he'd still have the trophy.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

USC gave the trophy back months ago.

5. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

USC gave back its copy, but Reggie still has his.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It sucks that VY won't get the trophy, but its consistent with what the NCAA does as far as leaving national championships vacant.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

He may lose the trophy but at least, in part, it helped him get Kardashian so It served it's purpose IMO.

Seriously though, it sucks that now a lot, not all, of the USC players who were clean or not even in high school at that point which decided to stay will be stuck in probation hell while this guy is making millions in the NFL. Stripping him of the Heisman sucks, I'm sure, but he already gained from it and suffers no real longterm punishment. Life isn't always fair, I guess.

#8 rockets934life, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  9. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Why would he want that trophy? He did not win it based on play on the field. It would be one thing if Reggie Bush cheated in that he took steroids or something to that affect that actually gave him an edge on the field, but under these circumstances, I think they got it right.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Vince Young was the best player that season. Unfortunately his bowl game didn't count, and Reggie Bush's performance against a bad Fresno State team counted for a lot. :eek:

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Yeah but from what I have seen and read USC had clues that he was getting financial gains while a student. I hate the fact that Bush really doesn't suffer from any of this too but the school made mistakes also.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

agreed...IMHO, and many others, VY had the best season of a college athlete...personally, i would want it to be given to VY, but I can see why they wouldn't...I guess they'll remove his picture and we won't see it when the next Heisman candidate receives it...

13. Prince

Prince Member

Poor Bush

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Space City

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8zZRBTOcnY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8zZRBTOcnY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

smh :eek:

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He should keep the trophy and we should all just move on. He earned his play on the field, unlike Cushing .

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Good.

After the Championship, it's tainted anyway and anyone with a rational brain recognizes it.

Fact is, VY and Texas were cheated out of that trophy by a media-driven hype machine. Based on his play on the field he absolutely deserved it. That VY didn't win it outright is a travesty. That he got such a distant second place is absurd and yet another data point suggesting the fall of our civilization.

Screw the Heisman. Screw Bush. Screw his eye thingees with the numbers (how utterly stupid that was!). Screw ESPN. Screw the voters who only watched ESPN. And screw si (just because I still hate them from 1994).

17. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

..........a Trophy?

Look inside this spoiler....

[​IMG]

He ****ed that.

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I don't think Bush is losing any sleep over this, he is a Super Bowl champion now...

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and it's just a trophy, for 5 years he was able to enjoy being a heisman winner, it's all downhill from now anyway. The only thing he would have left being a heisman winner would be obligations to go to boring ceremonies and reunions.

20. Asian Sensation

It's a stupid trophy. I don't see what the big deal is about letting him keep it. It's not like the improper benefits made Reggie Bush run faster, longer or score more TD's.

If anything being a Heisman trophy winner might actually be a curse/prerequisite to a non-existent to ****ty to mediocre to overrated NFL career looking at the short list of recent "winners".

1998 Ricky Williams
    1999 Dayne, Ron
    2000 Weinke, Chris
    2001 Crouch, Eric
    2002 Palmer, Carson
    2003 White, Jason
    2004 Leinart, Matt
    2005 Bush, Reggie
    2006 Smith, Troy
    2007 Tebow, Tim
    2008 Bradford, Sam
    2009 Ingram, Mark