1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Bush promises world peace if re-elected

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SpaceCity, Jul 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I saw a Bush/Cheney sticker proudly displayed on the Grand Parkway today.

I wouldn't put one on my car. Too many wackos out there that would probably try to run me off the road.

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm sure you'd be quite safe in the state of Texas.

#22 mc mark, Jul 20, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I wonder if he is safe in the state of denial.

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

i still see people with Dole/Kemp 96 stickers on their car.

Well if there is a nukular war and everybody on Earth is disintegrated then there will be world peace. Maybe that is what W meant would happen in 4 years?

6. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!!!!! :D

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With Bush's flip flops what difference does his promise make?

It's interesting to know that George Bush is not that concerned about Bin Laden. Is that who want running our war on terror?

I think this is a something that bothers me about the Bush administration's approach to the war on terror. They loose focus. They were after OBL, and working on Afghanistan, with passion and zeal. Then they seemed to lose focus and diverted resources from Afghanistan to invade Iraq. The second website I listed chronicles the back and forth flip flopping of the administration on this issue. It isn't just Bush, they talk about General Meyers, Dick Cheney, etc. Our leadership is confused about how to handle the war on terror, and that confusion costs lives, credibility, and is a detriment to the problem.

Kerry at least has a cohesive plan involving intel, funding, military etc. He has a coherent and consistant plan that he hasn't flip flopped or lost focus on.

8. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Maybe it was a misquote:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

uniter not a divider

Imagine if GWB followed though on the "world peace" promise as well as the above.

I suspect if GWB does get re-elected, he will say "November 2nd changed everything".

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind."

-- President Bush, quoted by the New York Times on February 8, 2004.

"I want to be the peace president."

-- President Bush, at an event in Iowa yesterday.

[​IMG]

#30 Rocketman95, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
  11. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I imagine he would be reelected in the biggest landslide in US history.

13. MustangPride73

A president can only serve two terms. If that happend Colin Powell would win in a land slide!

14. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I don't see anything flip-floppish about those two comments. One states what he is due to the reality of the day. The other states the situation he would prefer.

BTW, as regards the original quote that started the thread, I think it is very misleading to indicate that Bush promised anythings. At most he is predicting and more like just expressing a longing.

15. Murdock

Murdock Member

According to the White House transcript of Georgie's remarks from Tuesday, Pete Yost is full of dog sh*t. Here's what George actually said:

The enemy declared war on us, and you just got to know nobody wants to be the "war President." I want to be the "peace President." (Applause.) I want to be the President -- after four years, four more in this office, I want people to look back and say, the world is a more peaceful place. (Applause.) America is a safer country. Four more years, and America will be safer and the world will be more peaceful. (Applause.)

LINK

Is if fair to say that what was actually said has been misrepresented? :rolleyes:

So, you see, George isn’t claiming that after only another 4 years that America and the entire world will be at peace (yay!), only that hopefully after another 4 years things’ll be better than at present. (Oh.)

16. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

i came across this picture and remembered the one you had posted here. They look to be from the same place.

[​IMG]

17. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

I promise everyone a dollar if I'm elected.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"Mr. President, you should be able to see now. I pulled off the lens covers."

"General, if that finger gets one millimeter closer, I'm gonna bite it off. Do you think I'm an idiot??"

"No, Mr. President. Certainly not, sir. It's an honor to be here, sir."

(Lord, let me survive the next 10 minutes. Uh... actually, make that the next six months!)

"General, did you say something?"

"Yes sir. Over a little to the left there, I believe you can see a dove."

19. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Every thing is clear when you get down to the truth of the matter. Like none of you in here had ever mistakenly looked through a camera or binoculars while the lens cover was still on?

Hypocrits.:rolleyes: Misquoting, hypocrits. Shame on you.:(

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

At least, GWB gave us Clear Skies and Healthy Forests ... And he didn't even promises those things :rolleyes: You go George!!!