1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush promises world peace if re-elected

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SpaceCity, Jul 20, 2004.

Tags:
  1. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20040720/D83UMHV80.html

"After four years more in this office I want people to look back and say, 'The world is a more peaceful place,'" Bush told supporters at a community college in Iowa. "Four more years and America will be safe and the world will be at peace."

You gotta be kidding me! The arrogance.

He actually said that in 4 years there will be world peace.

I'm also offended at the notion that only he could make America safe.

Unbe<b>lie</b>vable.

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Bush looking forward...

[​IMG]

3. SpaceCity

And for the record, I would call any Dem or Liberal a lying sack of **** if they made that promise.

Talk about balls......

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Judging by the liberals reaction here, world peace is not the desired outcome. There would not be enough to complain about then...

5. SpaceCity

Do YOU actually believe that workd peace can be acheived in 4 years?

I didn't read between the lines. He actually said that he would achieve world peace in 4 years. He didn't say peace in the Middle East. He said "the world will be at peace".

As I said, I would call out ANY politician from EITHER side for making such a bold statement.

And it's not about not wanting world peace, of course we all desire it, but to think it can happen in 4 years is crazy.

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

that's a clear example of an illogical inference from the preceding statements, a non-sequitur, if I ever saw one. You made some headway in the other thread, but took two steps back in this one.

I think it's just ironic that a self-proclaimed war president can bring world peace.

7. Mulder

[​IMG]

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

"War! Uh. Good God, y'all. What is it good for? Absolutely nothing. Say it again!"

Edwin Starr, 1970.

9. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I kind of like the Frankie Goes to Hollywood version better.

;)

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Bush promising world peace in 4 years is as stupid as Drayton McLane promising an Astros World Series win this year!

Also, have any of you (regardless of political persuasion) noticed lots of Kerry stickers and anti-Bush stickers on cars in Houston? I am noticing alot more Kerry stickers on cars in Houston these days than I noticed Gore stickers on cars in Houston back in 2000.

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Yes, more stickers will help John Kerry win the state of Texas. Maybe we can get some marketing funds from the Kerry camp to get those dang stickers shipments quadrupled for the summer & fall campaign push!!!

Stickers on Houstonians cars = Kerry Victory in 2004!!!

12. SpaceCity

I've seen a few "Anyone but Bush for President" stickers.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"Four more years and America will be safe and the world will be at peace." --George W. Bush

[​IMG]

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Lighten up, Francis. All I posted was that I noticed quite a few Kerry stickers and Anti-Bush stickers on cars, that's all. You may unhook your straitjacket and take your medication now!:D

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not sure I would equate "the world will be at peace" with world peace. World peace suggests some kind of ongoing utopian state where mankind has somehow risen above war. "The world will be at peace" implies something a little more mundane, like the current conflict will be gone with no new ones cropping up for a little while.

It's still balony of course. It makes the war on terrorism a little overwrought, like it was World War II or something. It also makes it sound like the biggest conflict in the world is our own, which is far from true. But, his ability to even end our own conflict is probably more than we can expect.

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well seeing as how Bush is widely accepted worldwide as the principle war-mongerer in the world (most US Repubs and conservos excluded) maybe he has decided to stop starting so many wars.

That would defintely help the world become more peaceful.

One can perhaps still hope that some of his purported devotion to Christianity has finally born fruit in his war-mongering soul.

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Despite my hopeful post above I suspect that Bush's statement is another of his almost psychotic ,in their Orwellian detachment from reality, pronouncements: "No child left behind", "compassionate conservative", "uniter not a divider" etc.

He got up this morning and decided to proclaim himself a "man of peace". Or perhaps Rove told him that he needed to look more "compassionate" or something.

18. Mulder

He united the Shiite and Sunni Muslims against us in IraQ (<-- Faos)... maybe that's what he meant.

19. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

If he's going to be busy making the world safer:)rolleyes: ) when will he ever find the time to bring honor back to the presidency?;)

20. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Ok Freddy Fender. You make a great point! Keep on rockin' in the free world:cool: