1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush/Kerry stances on issues

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SlizardOO, Aug 17, 2004.

1. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

Hey guys, I would like to have a thread where people can post the stances each party is taking on the issues. There will be no discussing of the issues in this thread just summaries and links. The only things that should be posted here are what each candidate says and plans to do about certain issues. The reason why I am asking this is so we can clarify what each candidate plans to do and not have to listen to the spin. This will allow people to come up with their own conclusions.

Since I am planning to vote for the first time come November I would like to hear something worthwhile. All I have gotten from the debates thus far are democrats yelling about tax cuts and Iraq and republicans yelling about Vietnam and Kerry's absence from 911 meetings.

Today, I was watching a debate on Fox, which prompted me to create this thread. It was this chick (REP) and this guy (DEM) arguing over the two presidential candidates.

It went something like this:

(both debaters yelling)
    GIRL: WAS KERRY REALLY IN VIETNAM?!

GUY: IT DOESN'T MATTER!! THE TAX CUTS WHAT ABOUT THE TAX CUTS?!

GIRL: I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT THE TAX CUTS BUT FIRST ANSWER ME AND TELL ME WHY KERRY DIDN'T ATTEND ANY OF THE 9/11 MEETINGS?!

GUY: THE TAX CUTS ONLY FAVOR THE RICH!!

GIRL: THE PURPLE HEARTS THEY WEREN'T EARNED THEY ARE FAKE!! THE FAKE PURPLE HEARTS!!!

GUY: (LOOKS THOROUGLY EXASPERATED)

GIRL: (LOOKS EXTREMELY ANNOYED)

Then the two debaters start yelling at each other and you can't hear a single word except for a bunch of garble. After they are finished yelling at each other (none of it of which the viewers could understand) the two debaters look extremely happy like they got their point across and won the debate.

So, If people would be kind enough to post articles about the candidate's stances on issues this would greatly help many other people who are just as confused as myself. Please no slams or flames you can save it for another thread.

2. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Member

I like Kerry's stance on the War on Terror. He wants to fund the intelligence services so that they can provide actionable intelligence. Once we have that intelligence, Kerry plans to use covert special operations to take the f***ers out.

Seems like the right way to fight terrorists to me.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Member

I loathe the point-counterpoint shows that litter CNN and FOX News. As far as I can tell, the only purpose they serve is to further destroy any semblance of civil discourse in this nation, since they always seem to degenerate into a shouting match and pissing contest.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The girl was Ann Coulter. The guy was (forget his first name) Brown.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

Was Ann Coulter really saying that Kerry wasn't even in Vietnam? What a b****. I hope you were just exagerating, but when it comes to Coulter, saying crap like that is the norm.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

If it indeed was the same show I saw, then it was an exaggeration. The scary thing is that the statement does sound like something Coulter might say.

7. IROC it

IROC it Member

I've seen a poster here that has these answers to your questions in their signature.

Something to do with each candidates respective website...

We're all just poo flingers. :p

8. Mulder

Mulder Member

Here you go.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/politics/2653202/detail.html

Easy to read format comparing all 3 candidates on major issues.