1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burt Steele speaks again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by One Mic, Jun 22, 2017.

1. jefforoni

jefforoni Member

he's escaping from houston knowing he gave false information and that there's a diss track about him

rockpileindisma likes this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if you throw out a date and time something will happen, and claim to be an insider ...and then it doesn't happen, what do you expect? ...douche.

i don't remember Doc ever throwing out a date and time something would happen, and then whiffing on it. This Burt Steele guy is a joke.

3. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Me.

Please do lol I tried tweeting him earlier but nothing I post ever catches on.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

You are a brilliant person.

TdashDUB likes this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

In his defense, somebody did write and perform a rap about beating him up and doing stuff to his mother. That's going far enough that it requires a response of some kind in my opinion. He might have info then something out of his informers hands changed the whole situation. Who knows? I can imagine having an insider that passes you info only passes you stuff that's not finalized. Finalized stuff goes to Woj. So naturally things are subject to change.

fattz likes this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Not a fan of burt steel the reporter but im def a fan of burt steelthe fake twitter character

tmoney1101 likes this.
  7. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I can't hate you Burt.

I still like him.

#787 tmoney1101, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Took his cocktail waitress skinny dipping? I love this guy lol

9. TdashDUB

Keep in mind it's all in humor and fun. The Rockets reddit sub had a rolling joke that everyone there were rioting with pitchforks. Hence the diss track's inception.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Can't
    Stop
    Laughing

Whoever did this is a genuis

TdashDUB likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

Defending your work? Either way, does reddit justify everything these days or something?

12. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It's true to the genre. It's not intended to be taken seriously.

TdashDUB likes this.
  13. TdashDUB

No but it certainly adds context. Do you base or keep all of your opinions w/ the lack of?

14. don grahamleone

Correct, I don't let reddit form my opinions about how life should be. Johnny come lately doesn't control my opinions. I do, with a larger volume of experience. Maybe try being your own man sometime? Maybe react how you would react when someone threatens you instead of how reddit guys do on average?

15. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I'm torn

Pic and song seems a bit too far

but I can't lie, I lol'ed hard as fook

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. TdashDUB

?????? Not sure where you're still getting this from. I'm going to need a bit more reading comprehension out of you here.

You're saying the song was too harsh. I'm simply adding that it was birthed as an >> inside joke << that happens to be amongst redditors. Meaning you are not inside the joke. That's where the lack of context arises.

Doesn't matter if it came from Reddit or not. So you're weird angle of me justifying it "because hey, it's reddit" is completely irrelevant. It could have easily stemmed from some random ass Rockets forum thread, Facebook status, or otherwise.

Point is, within the >>context<< it was made, it's nowhere near as harsh as someone (i.e.: you) would think hearing it blindly. SO...

(& here's the part that's going over your head):
    Your opinion doesn't have to change, but the >>>fact<<< that it wasn't done maliciously should.

That's how context works.

17. don grahamleone

I found it funny. The lyrics were fantastic. Dude did a great job. I'm just defending Burt's desire to defend himself after being called out in the video that I found funny. I think that was fair of him to do so. If someone threatened to beat me up and do stuff to my mom, I'd react too. Neither side is all that justified, I just find too far to be too far if I'm in his place. I'm not, so I thought it was funny, but I'm not going to act like a threat is nothing if I'm him. Burt never threatened anyone. He did waste our time though. On that we can all agree.

I'm just defending his side considering he might have said everything he knew as someone with potential insider info. There's no need to get personal about it when it isn't THAT big of a deal to be wrong. Sure he looks stupid, but it's not threat worthy is all.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here's to you Burt!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. TdashDUB

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. All I was simply doing was providing you the origin of the track and how it wasn't malicious at all. Still unsure on how that lead you to your initial responses but w/e lol I think we finally have an understanding.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

You guys still think Burt exists and isn't a caricature? Man, Clutchfans has become so gullible.